Order of the Emperor Arcanist Gearing Guide for Lost Ark
The Arcanist joins combat equipped with a Magick Deck and a plethora of Tarot Cards, each with it's own unique effect. Split between the Order of the Emperor and Empress's Grace playstyles, both builds will utilize three different types of skills: Normal, Stacking, and Ruin.
Order of the Emperor: Accessories, Card Sets, Engravings and Gearsets
Emperor has several different builds depending on what skills you end up taking. Relic sets also have some choices to them between Nightmare Flower and Dominion Fang. Her main stat priority is Swiftness with the secondary stat being Crit. The bonuses from Swiftness accelerate your cooldowns and attack speed, helping you fit as many skills as possible within your burst windows.
Given Arcanist has Critical Damage buffs already on it's tripods, Lostwind Cliff provides you with well-desired Critical Rate. It's a good option especially for those without Light of Salvation. Arcanist gets a lot of mileage out of Adrenaline already, so with Lostwind Cliff you'll be close to if not already at Crit cap during Return windows. For optimal damage, Light of Salvation is the go-to. If you are a new player or unfortunate enough to not have either of these cardsets, it's recommended to run cards that can help with Arcanist's squishiness. Those being Field Boss II, Forest of Giants's 3-piece effect, We'll Meet Again and Nature's Elementals.
Arcanist doesn't have a wide variety of engravings to choose from. Depending on your build, budget or personal preference you'll have a handful to choose from.
- Grudge is a standard damage engraving. As a DPS you should be using this as an immediate slot-in for your setup.
- Adrenaline is taken for as Arcanist needs the Critical Rate, having such high bonuses to Critical Damage already. Currently it has slightly less efficiency than an option like Increases Mass without having Ancient accessories.
- Cursed Doll can be taken at the expense of lower healing. It's player's choice when debating to take this over Hit Master. Unlike the former, this engraving does work on Awakening, if that matters to you.
- Hit Master can be taken without worry as Arcanist's skills are not positionals. It's recommended over Cursed Doll for the cost and the fact it's unconditional.
- Raid Captain is a very strong engraving given your natural high Swiftness and the bonuses from your tripods. With your uptime on skills and accounting for a support's Yearning buff, this is a lock-in on any Emperor build.
- Increases Mass is another strong engraving choice given you're building Arcanist with majority Swiftness. Along with being a rather cheap engraving, it's a good choice to take.
For those building a new Arcanist in Legendary gear, you'll want the 2-piece bonus from the Preordained Diligence set from Argos as a base. The extra Critical Rate pairs well with the high innate Critical Damage. You can obtain the 5-piece set for even more Critical Rate, but don't expect to get the bonus Critical Damage that requires another player with the "Harsh Oath" gearset. You damage spikes once you hit Relic gear. There are a couple options as to what Relic set(s) you want to use. A combination of Nightmare Flower and Dominion Fang helps maintain high skill uptime and avoids issues with your mana economy.
Accessories and Stat Distribution
Order of the Emperor mains Swiftness and uses Crit as its secondary stat. Swiftness helps with Raid Captain and Increases Mass's effectiveness.
- 1x Swift/Crit Necklace
- 2x Swift Earrings
- 2x Swift Rings
- Swiftness/Crit Bracelet
- 30 Nov. 2022: Guide Added.
More Lost Ark Content
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Lost Ark Spring Update Release Date Announced
- Lost Ark March Update Massive Release Notes
- Lost Ark Artist Subclass and 3 Special Events Preview - Coming March 15th
- Lost Ark Bot Banwave and Witcher Crossover Event
- Lost Ark December Update Release Notes: Wreck the Halls
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- New Lost Ark Skill Tree Tripod System Release Date, Transfer Details