Doom Lord Kazzak Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Doom Lord Kazzak is a massive demon that can be found in Hellfire Peninsula to the North of Thrallmar in an area called Throne of Kil'jaeden, coordinates (63,16). Below you will find a full breakdown of Doom Lord Kazzak's abilities, loot, and suggested tactics.
Doom Lord Kazzak Abilities
- Capture Soul causes Doom Lord Kazzak to heal for 10% of his max health when he kills a player.
- Shadow Bolt Volley will periodically deal moderate Shadow damage to all players in range.
- Mark of Kazzak will drain 5% of a player's Mana every second. When there is no Mana left to drain, they explode, dealing 5,000 damage and knocking back all nearby allies. This cannot be decursed.
- Twisted Reflection debuffs multiple targets, healing Kazzak for high amounts whenever he deals damage to debuffed players.
- Thunderclap deals moderate Nature damage to all nearby enemies, reducing attack speed by 30% and movement speed by 60%,
- Void Bolt deals heavy Shadow damage to Kazzak's current target.
- Cleave is a standard frontal cleave attack.
- Enrage will occur after one minute, increasing Kazzak's damage done by 30%. He will also send out 6 waves of Shadow Bolt Volley. This Enrage will end after the 6th volley.
Strategy for Doom Lord Kazzak
The boss himself is fairly standard with no special strategy. You will want to keep the tank dispelled of Thunderclap to help with their threat generation. Make sure to not be in front of the boss to avoid the Cleave.
Anyone with the ability to dispel magical debuffs needs to be on their toes and ready to remove Twisted Reflection instantly. This will heal the boss drastically if not removed almost right away when it gets paired with Shadow Bolt Volley.
It is important for everyone with Mana to pay attention to whether or not they are the target of Mark of Kazzak. This ability will quickly drain their Mana and cause them to eventually explode for heavy AoE damage, knocking back everyone nearby. If you get this debuff, you must run as far away from the raid as possible. You are essentially out of the fight for the remainder of the encounter.
After one minute, Doom Lord Kazzak will Enrage, gaining increased damage done. He will then proceed to send out six waves of Shadow Bolt Volley back-to-back, essentially killing everyone near him. Most groups will never find themselves in this situation as the boss is fairly easy and has low health.
While most groups should not have a problem with this, there is a strategy you can use to avoid wiping to the Enrage if you find yourself hitting it for whatever reason. When the Enrage is coming soon, have the entire raid run far away from Kazzak except for the Holy Paladins. Right before he enrages, have the Paladins Divine Shield and spam heal the tank. The tank should use any cooldowns available to stay alive during this. After the six Shadow Bolt Volleys go off, the Enrage will end and you will have one more minute to DPS.
Group Composition for Doom Lord Kazzak
You will want to make sure you have enough Priests in the raid for Mass Dispel to remove all of the Twisted Reflection instantly to prevent the boss from healing massively. Shamans are also very strong for their Bloodlust / Heroism to help beat the Enrage timer.
Doom Lord Kazzak is a single-tank fight. All three tank specializations are viable options for tanking this boss, although Protection Paladins and Feral Druid Tanks may find it easier to gain initial threat in this short fight. A Protection Warrior has the added benefit of being able to survive through the Enrage should your group run into it.
Depending on how many people are in your raid group, you will want anywhere from 5-8 healers. The Shadow Bolt Volley makes for high raid-wide damage and the damage the tank takes is not minor either.
Doom Lord Kazzak Loot
With the release of Phase 4, all of Doom Lord Kazzak's loot is now Bind on Equip, allowing you to buy and sell the gear from other players. You can use this to help gear up alts or make some extra gold from the boss drops below.
|Ancient Spellcloak of the Highborne||Cloak||Back|
|Leggings of the Seventh Circle||Cloth||Legs|
|Scaled Greaves of the Marksman||Legs|
|Ring of Flowing Light||Accessory||Finger|
|Ring of Reciprocity||Accessory||Finger|
|Hope Ender||One-Handed Sword||Weapon|
- 25 Mar. 2022: Added Phase 4 change to make loot BoE.
- 09 Jul. 2021: Removed Berserk ability, as it was not added in Classic TBC.
- 11 Jun. 2021: Guide added.
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer
- WoW Classic Patch 1.15.0 Notes
- Classic Era and Hardcore Patch 1.15.0 Known Issues List
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- Classic Era Patch 1.15.0 PTR Notes
- Classic Account Suspensions for October 2023
- Icy Veins WoW Classic Interview: Discoveries and Runes, LFR, ICC Nerfs and Much More