M'uru Encounter Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
M'uru is the fifth boss you will encounter in Sunwell Plateau on the Isle of Quel'Danas. This encounter is known as one of the most difficult for its time and will challenge your entire raid to maximize its output while targeting and prioritizing a plethora of different mobs. Check out our in-depth guide below to prepare as much as possible for your encounter with M'uru.
M'uru is the fifth boss you will encounter in the Sunwell Plateau raid instance. This fight will require a great amount of coordination from every member of your raid but will put a huge emphasis on your healers and ranged DPS. This encounter includes two bosses but in two completely separate phases of the fight from each other. Check out the mechanics listed below so you will know how to properly handle these bosses.
Role-Specific Tips for Eredar Twins
Have a timer to track Darkness and make sure your Priests of any spec are ready to cast Mass Dispel. Be aware of who the adds that spawn on this fight are targeting and be ready to spot heal them as needed.
Make sure you have cooldowns ready for when M'uru transitions to Entropius as the second phase is considerably more dangerous than the first, so the faster you are able to get out of it the more likely you are to kill the boss. Always prioritize the various adds throughout the fight once threat is established.
Be prepared to tank small adds, lots of them. Any way you can orient your build toward AOE and tanking multiple mobs should be your priority.
- Negative Energy — beams of shadow will hit random players dealing a moderate amount of Shadow damage to those targeted.
- Darkness — Spawns a massive void zone beneath M'uru, it will inflict massive Shadow damage to anyone inside the void zone but also spawn 8 Dark Fiends. The Dark Fiends are not able to be killed but rather dispelled; dispelling the Dark Fiend buff they have will instantly kill them. These Dark Fiends will, meanwhile, fixate on players and if they reach their target they will explode for massive Shadow damage on everyone near their target.
- Summon Void Sentinel — a large Void Sentinel, this mob must be tanked away from the group and killed quickly as it will deal massive Shadow damage to the highest threat target with Void Blast, which also reduces the target's attack speed by 35%, along with Shadow Pulse which will pulse a considerable amount of Shadow damage to anyone within 10 yards of the Sentinel. Upon death the Void Sentinel will spawn 8 smaller Void Spawns which will attempt to cast Shadow Bolt Volley and must be killed quickly.
- Shadowsword Berserker — Berserkers will spawn every 60 seconds and must be tanked and killed; they swing for massive Physical damage.
- Shadowsword Fury Mage — Fury Mages spawn at the same time as Shadowsword Berserkers and must also be dealt with quickly. The Fury Mage has two abilities to consider: Fel Fireball, which deals a moderate amount of Fire damage to its primary threat target, and Spell Fury which will buff itself with 50% increased damage dealt but roots itself in place.
- Negative Energy — behaves similarly to M'uru's Negative Energy ability except Entropius' will jump to two additional players after its initial hit and the frequency of this ability will increase every 12 seconds.
- Darkness — acts identically to M'uru's Darkness except it is placed under a random player instead of the boss itself.
- Singularity — will spawn a large black hole that will slowly rotate around the room knocking back anyone who gets within 7 yards of it and dealing a small amount of Shadow damage.
Strategy for M'uru
Pulling the Boss
M'uru is entirely stationary and cannot be moved. M'uru does not need to be tanked as there is no melee attack — it will just cast Negative Energy at players randomly. The raid should spread throughout the room except for the section of the room that is assigned for where the Void Sentinel will be tanked and killed and avoiding the center of the room where M'uru is located to avoid unnecessary damage from Darkness. One tank and a few healers should be assigned to the entrance and the exit of the room to pick up the Shadowsword Berserkers and the Shadowsword Fury Mages.
The first phase of this boss is the M'uru phase where adds are the most important part. The list of priority you should be killing the adds in is as follows:
- Void Sentinel;
- Void Spawn;
- Shadowsword Fury Mage;
- Shadowsword Berserker.
Try to assign melee DPS to focus on killing the Shadowsword Berserkers and Shadowsword Fury Mages if you are able to keep up with killing the Void Sentinel in time to avoid taking unnecessary damage from Shadow Pulse. When Void Sentinels spawn they must be quickly picked up by a tank, ideally a Protection Paladin, and placed against the wall somewhere in the room where it is away from the group and hitting the minimal amount of people with Shadow Pulse. When killed the Void Spawn must also be picked up and dealt with as quickly as possible. Once dealt with, the Shadowsword Berserkers and Fury Mages need to be killed before finally being able to DPS the boss itself. When Darkness is cast a Priest must be ready to cast Mass Dispel; dispelling the Dark Fiends' buff will instantly kill them. Ensure a few players are ready as backups to dispel any Dark Fiends that resist the Mass Dispel. You must repeat this cycle of adds and then boss until M'uru reaches 1 HP, then Phase 2 will begin.
The second phase of this boss is the Entropius phase. Adds will stop spawning in this phase but you must kill all remaining adds as quickly as possible before moving to burning down Entropius. This phase is largely a DPS/HPS check. A random player will be targeted with Darkness so make sure to take advantage of the entire room to minimize the chance that multiple people will be hit by the void zone, but the importance of Mass Dispelling the Dark Fiends is even greater. Avoid the orbs spawned by Singularity and burn the boss down as quickly as possible.
|Sin'dorei Band of Dominance||Accessory||Ring|
|Sin'dorei Band of Salvation||Accessory||Ring|
|Sin'dorei Band of Triumph||Accessory||Ring|
|Blackened Naaru Sliver||Accessory||Trinket|
|Glimmering Naaru Sliver||Accessory||Trinket|
|Shifting Naaru Sliver||Accessory||Trinket|
|Steely Naaru Sliver||Accessory||Trinket|
|Aegis of Angelic Fortune||Accessory||Shield|
|Gauntlets of the Soothed Soul||Plate||Gloves|
|Shadowed Gauntlets of Paroxysm||Leather||Gloves|
|Ring of Hardened Resolve||Accessory||Ring|
|Ring of Omnipotence||Accessory||Ring|
|Fel Conquerer Raiments||Cloth||Chest|
|Robes of Faltered Light||Cloth||Chest|
|Harness of Carnal Instinct||Leather||Chest|
|Garments of Serene Shores||Chest|
|Vicious Hawkstrider Hauberk||Chest|
|Heroic Judicator's Chestguard||Plate||Chest|
|Warharness of Reckless Fury||Plate||Chest|
Other Sunwell Plateau Guides
If you were looking for a full guide for the Sunwell Plateau raid, or would like to know what specializations the loot from M'uru should be prioritized to, see the links below.
- 03 May 2022: Page added.
- What's Ahead for Wrath Classic (Developer Update)
- Faction and Transfer Restrictions Lifted in Burning Crusade Classic
- Dungeon XP and Mob Behavior Changes to Combat Boosting
- Joyous Journeys Summer XP Buff Coming to Burning Crusade Classic
- New Group Finder Details for Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- An Update on Wrath Classic Fresh Server Transfers
- Fresh Start Servers Coming with Wrath of the Lich King Classic Pre-Patch
- Upcoming Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation: August 10th
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank