Doomwalker Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Doomwalker is a giant robot which can be found in Shadowmoon Valley, just outside of the Black Temple entrance portal at coordinates (71,44). Below you will find a full breakdown of Doomwalker's abilities, loot, and suggested tactics.
- Lightning Wrath hits a random enemy with a chain lightning effect that chains to another nearby enemy. Each time this bounces, the damage dealt doubles and can bounce up to 10 times.
- Earthquake stuns all nearby enemies and deals 8,000 damage over 8 seconds.
- Overrun periodically charges a random target, resetting all threat.
- Crush Armor reduces the target's Armor by 10% for 60 seconds; stacks up to 10 times.
- Enrage causes Doomwalker to enrage at 20% health, doubling all Physical damage dealt until killed.
- Mark of Death will be placed on you if you die to Doomwalker; it lasts for 15-minutes and does nothing by itself.
- Aura of Death will instantly kill anyone in range that has a Mark of Death.
Strategy for Doomwalker
Lightning Wrath is the main threat to the raid. Everyone will need to spread out completely to prevent this from jumping from player to player. If this bounces more than once it will most likely start to kill people. Abilities such as Fire Elemental Totem or Force of Nature cannot be used here, as these count as Guardians and can be a target of the Lightning Wrath bounce. The majority of melee DPS should be assigned to stay outside of the boss fight and kill any adds that might aggro, or any players trying to interrupt the boss.
For Earthquake, everyone will need at least 8,000 health to survive the ability. Ideally players should have around 10,000 health to survive a Lightning Wrath and Earthquake combo. Depending on the timing, it may be ideal to wait for an Earthquake to come before pushing the boss below 20% health and triggering the Enrage.
Overrun is a constant threat drop. DPS will need to wait a few seconds after this charge until the tanks can pick the boss back up. This is a perfect time to use abilities such as Misdirection to assist the tanks. A Protection Paladin is a great tank to pick the boss back up after this, having both Righteous Defense and Avenger's Shield as ranged abilities.
Tanks will also need to be aware of each other's stacks of Crush Armor. It is ideal to try to let one person tank the boss until they have a few stacks of this, then the other tanks taunt off while the first tank lets their stacks drop. Tank swapping is especially important while Doomwalker is Enraged. Be ready to use any defensive abilities you have, especially right after an Earthquake, as it is very easy to die during the Enrage.
Major cooldowns such as Bloodlust / Heroism should be saved for the Enrage at 20%. Players should be ready to use any health potions, healthstones, bandages, or any other form of self-healing available as you must be over 8,000 health to survive the Earthquake.
Mark of Death prevents you from fighting the boss again for 15 minutes, as you will instantly die if you get anywhere near him. It is important that players properly spread and focus on staying alive as deaths are essentially "permanent" in regards to this fight. Do not be greedy; focus on doing mechanics and playing well.
Group Composition for Doomwalker
While this fight is doable with 2 tanks, 3 is advised and even 4 is good. With the constant threat drop, a Protection Paladin is quite strong for the earlier-mentioned ranged abilities. Protection Warriors are also very strong as Last Stand and Shield Wall are great cooldowns during the Enrage.
After each Overrun, it is important to pick up the boss as soon as possible and pull him back into the predetermined "tank spot" so everyone can reach him without needing to move. Communicate your stacks and be ready to taunt off each other frequently, especially during the Enrage.
This fight has high tank damage and massive raid damage. It is advised to bring at least 6 healers to play it safe as this boss has no hard-enrage timer. As there is a lot of raid-wide damage, AoE healers such as a Restoration Shaman or Holy Priest are very strong for this fight.
This fight is very unfriendly to melee players as the Lightning Wrath will very easily spread between all of them, including the tanks. It is advised to not have more than two melee DPS on the boss. Instead, melees should be in the far back, killing off any nearby enemies that might get pulled or PvPing any opposing faction players that may try to engage the raid.
Ranged DPS need to prioritize spreading out before damaging the boss. After a Overrun, it is crucial to stop damaging for a couple seconds while the tanks re-establish threat. Do not chase the boss during this time as you will most likely cause the Lightning Wrath to bounce where it would not have done so before.
With the release of Phase 4, all of Doomwalker's loot is now Bind on Equip, allowing you to buy and sell the gear from other players. You can use this to help gear up alts or make some extra gold from the boss drops below.
|Fathom-Helm of the Deeps||Head|
|Faceguard of the Endless Watch||Plate||Head|
|Archaic Charm of Presence||Accessory||Neck|
|Gilded Trousers of Benediction||Cloth||Legs|
|Talon of the Tempest||Dagger||Main-Hand|
|Ethereum Nexus-Reaver||Two-Handed Axe||Weapon|
|Barrel-Blade Longrifle||Gun||Ranged Weapon|
- 25 Mar. 2022: Added Phase 4 change to make loot BoE.
- 11 Jun. 2021: Guide added.
- Queue for Battlegrounds from Anywhere
- New Wrath Classic Realms Announced: Angerforge (US) & Jin'do (EU)
- Zombie Plague and Scourge Invasion Fixes and Clarifications
- Vrykul Lore Video with Platinum WoW
- Blizzard Comments on Scourge Invasion Starting Early in Wrath Classic
- Wrath Classic Launch Ad in China
- Blizzard Responds to WotLK Classic Queue Situation in Detail
- New WotLK Classic Transfer Realm Created