TBC Classic Holy Priest Guide
Welcome to our Holy Priest guide for TBC Classic, tailored for PvE content. Here, you will learn how all you need to know to play Holy Priest proficiently. Click the links below to navigate the guide or read this page for a short introduction.
Priests are invokers of both the light and dark spirits. They remain stout in their faith above all others, putting the needs of the people and the greater good above all else.
Holy remains the strongest PvE-oriented healing spec, focusing on increasing the effectiveness of your healing spells. With the addition of Circle of Healing, Holy Priests evolve from great single-target healers into one of the strongest AoE healers in the game.
If you would like to see where Holy Priests fall in the overall rankings among healer specs for both PvE and PvP in TBC Classic, we have created pages dedicated to explaining what classes and specializations are the best of the best through multiple factors. However, ultimately, you should not let these lists dissuade you from playing what you enjoy.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Has a very diverse healing kit.
- Can dispel Magic debuffs.
- Amazing AoE-healing capability.
- Has low base health pool, often wearing pieces with no Stamina.
- Limited utility compared to other healers.
- Brings almost nothing to the raid aside from healing.
Best Races for Holy Priests
Similar to WoW Classic, Priests get two abilities that are unique to the race chosen. While some of these abilities are nearly useless and some are focused on the PvP side of things; a few of these racial spells are very strong in a PvE environment.
Races for Alliance Holy Priests
Human is the preferred race for Alliance, as the 10% increased Spirit from The Human Spirit is a massive benefit for Holy Priests.
Draenei make great Holy Priests, offering your party 1% increased Spell Hit Chance if you have a few DPS in your group, as well as returning Mana to your party through Symbol of Hope.
- The Human Spirit
Humans are a great, well-rounded choice for Priests, increasing your total Spirit by 10%. The increased reputation gain from Diplomacy helps immensely with the early-game reputation farming, but falls off later as it has no benefit other than that.
- Symbol of Hope
- Inspiring Presence
New in TBC Classic, Draenei make for very strong Holy Priests, offering Spell Hit rating to themselves and their entire party through Inspiring Presence. Symbol of Hope has a long cooldown, but grants your party 1,000 Mana at Level 70 making this a great option as your primary focus is to restore your party's Mana!
Races for Horde Holy Priests
There is only one clear option here that has a distinct advantage here over the other races:
Berserking makes for a great healer cooldown, greatly increasing how quickly you can get your heals out. When spamming Circle of Healing, this racial can greatly increase your healing output.
Best Professions for Holy Priests
Tailoring is a good early profession in TBC Classic, as it offers you very strong gear from a guaranteed source. Primal Mooncloth Robe, Primal Mooncloth Shoulders, and Primal Mooncloth Belt are all very strong pieces early on for their very high Bonus Healing and sockets. You will however want to replace this gear as soon as possible with Tier 4, as the lack of Stamina is detrimental when Priest already has the lowest base health in the game.
Enchanting is a good profession choice, offering you Enchant Ring - Healing Power x2 for a total of 40 Bonus Healing.
Alchemy is another option for Holy Priests, offering you a Alchemist's Stone. While Priest has many strong Mana-returning trinkets such as Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon, the Alchemist's stone can be used on long fights where Mana is a concern or on trash as a "swap to" trinket before using a Mana potion.
Leatherworking can be a good option if there are no other players with drums in your group during raids.
If you would like to learn more about how your profession of choice can be used to supplement your goldmaking, along with a variety of other means to bolster your income, see our full goldmaking guide linked below:
- 19 Sep. 2021 (Phase 1 gear page): Page restored.
- 14 Aug. 2021 (gear page): Page added.
- 30 May 2021 (pre-raid gear page): Guide added.
- 30 May 2021 (enchants page): Guide added.
- 30 May 2021 (stats page): Guide added.
- 30 May 2021 (rotation page): Guide added.
- 30 May 2021 (talents page): Guide added.
- 30 May 2021 (spells page): Guide added.
- 30 May 2021 (this page): Guide added.
- Activision Blizzard Has Fired 20 Employees Over Harassment Claims and More
- Season of Mastery Beta Updates: October 19th
- The Fastest Punches Ever: 0.2 Second Attack Speed
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Season of Mastery Beta Update: October 13th
- The Return of Large Groups in Battlegrounds
- WoW Classic Season of Mastery Design Intentions and Details
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th