TBC Classic Holy Priest Spell Summary
On this page, we present you with all spells and procs that you need to understand as a Holy Priest in TBC Classic.
Here we will discuss the basics of a Holy Priest's abilities, as well as what changes are present from WoW Classic and all of the different uses certain abilities have.
TBC Classic New and Updated Spells
TBC Classic has brought with it a number of new abilities for Holy/healing Priests. In addition, a number of abilities were also improved. These new and altered abilities are as follows:
- Fear Ward is now available to all races.
- Improved Divine Spirit makes Divine Spirit give 10% of Spirit as additional Spell Damage & bonus healing to anyone buffed.
- Circle of Healing — Found at the bottom of the Holy Tree, this ability heals a friendly target and all nearby party members. It is an instant-cast, crazy-strong AoE healing spell.
- Shadowfiend — This new ability gives all Priests an additional means of Mana restoration
- Prayer of Mending — This is a strong spell; throw it out and forget about it. This ability holds great value if you can get multiple procs from this.
- Mass Dispel — This is an AoE version of Dispel Magic. It attempts to remove 1 Magic debuff from up to 10 friendly targets and 1 Magic buff from up to 10 enemy targets. It can also remove spells that previously could not be dispelled, such as Ice Block and Divine Shield.
These are the main abilities that you will be using frequently and should be very familiar with.
- Dispel Magic — Use this to remove important buffs or debuffs.
- Power Word: Shield — You can use this in an emergency to give someone a buffer of HP if they would die before you can finish a cast.
- Binding Heal — Use this to heal yourself and a target at the same time for a moderate amount.
- Flash Heal — This is an emergency, quick heal. Try not to use this too much as it will quickly burn through all your Mana.
- Renew — This is a very strong heal-over-time. Try to keep this up on tanks and anyone else who will take high damage.
- Greater Heal — This is your big heal. You will often pre-cast this and cancel the cast if the heal will be wasted.
- Abolish Disease — This will remove a disease from a target, and continues to remove a disease every 5 seconds for 20 seconds.
- Circle of Healing — This is your main AoE healing ability. With enough gear to sustain the high Mana cost, you can push out some very high healing numbers. Always be mindful of the who you are choosing as the main target, as it will only heal allies that are near the initial target; you must be aware of players positioning.
- Prayer of Healing — You can use this to pre-heal incoming party damage. Other than that Circle of Healing will be better the majority of the time.
- Prayer of Mending — Put this up on the tank before the pull, or if there is heavy AoE damage going out.
Holy Priests have no cooldowns specific to their spec, only their general class ones.
- Fear Ward — This can be used on a friendly target to prevent one fear effect. Its effect lasts for 3 minutes with a 3-minute cooldown.
- Shadowfiend — This summons a temporary pet that follows your attack orders. Every time it lands a melee attack, it returns Mana back to you based on the damage dealt. Use this when you are low on Mana and have a target nearby.
- Inner Focus — This reduces the Mana cost of your next spell by 100% and increases its Critical Strike chance by 25%. Use this to stay inside the 5-second rule if possible. It is great for ressing as well.
- Psychic Scream — This ability fears up to 5 nearby enemies. Use this if you have aggro and will die otherwise.
- Fade — This ability temporarily reduces your threat by a small amount. It is useful if you pull threat early on in a fight.
Crowd Control Abilities
- Shackle Undead — This lets you crowd control an Undead mob for 50 seconds.
- Mind Soothe — This allows you to reduce the range at which Humanoids pull, allowing you to possibly skip certain trash mobs.
- 30 May 2021: Guide added.
- Honor Reward Increases and Requirement Decreases Coming to Burning Crusade Classic With January 27th Update
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: January 26th
- Blizzard Working on a New Survival Game for PC and Console
- Announcements We Can Expect this Week? (Speculation Post)
- Hardcore One-Life Ragnaros (and Rest of Molten Core)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: January 21st
- A Message from Mike Ybarra
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3, Patch 2.5.3 Notes
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?