Holy Paladin Healing Mythic+ Tips — Dragonflight 10.2
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Holy Paladin in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
Holy Paladin in Mythic+
Holy Paladin is one of the better healing specializations for Mythic+. It has excellent throughput for almost any healing situation in dungeons, many defensive tools, multiple cooldowns for emergencies, and good damage for a healer. Holy Paladin weaknesses in Mythic+ include low mobility, lack of a standard interrupt, and limited options for crowd control.
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 3 page below.
Holy Paladin Mythic+ Rotation
5-man healing is very similar to single-target healing, with the exception that you will sometimes find uses for Light of Dawn, and that if you have the Beacon of Virtue talent, you should use it when multiple party members are taking damage.
You can read our Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page for more details.
While Holy Paladin has a lot of strong single-target heals through Holy Shock and Word of Glory, the class can struggle when facing very hard-hitting party-wide damage. Most players will end up underusing cooldowns, which can make AoE damage feel much harder to deal with. Remember that Divine Toll and Daybreak have such short cooldowns that you should be aiming to press them often.
One common mistake that players make that can make healing much more difficult is the overuse of Shield of the Righteous. When you are unfamiliar with how much damage your party will be taking, you should aim to sit on high holy power as much as possible so that in case unexpected damage occurs, you already have built up Holy Power ready to quickly heal it. This does not mean you cannot ever deal damage with Shield of the Righteous, but you should not spend 3 Holy Power on it the second you get that Holy Power. Try to save up until you get 4 or 5, and then spend Holy Power before building it up again.
Mythic+ Talents for Holy Paladin
Remember that you can easily import the talent tree below into the game with either of the two "Copy Export String" buttons:
Please note that our talents here are specifically focused on Mythic+. If you are interested in more generic talents or other forms of content, please refer back to our page dedicated to talents.
The class tree for Holy Paladin provides many strong abilities that can help to increase utility, damage, and even throughput. Quite possibly, the most vital talent is Rebuke, which allows you to have an interrupt again. This can make difficult packs and mobs much more manageable, as you will be able to assist with interrupting enemies. The rest of the talents selected aim to increase damage through the right side of the class tree as well as getting the strong capstone nodes, Of Dusk and Dawn and Divine Toll. The increased power from Dusk and Dawn is pretty self-explanatory, but Divine Toll is much more important. One of the historical problems for Holy Paladin in M+ is a lack of healing outside of Avenging Wrath. Divine Toll helps with this, but so does Daybreak and Tyr's Deliverance which gives us more cooldowns and more ways to deal with incoming damage. Even Flash of Light can be used in combination with Beacon of Virtue to output a lot of healing without cooldowns.
Blessing of Summer is another extremely important ability to consider. This talent is the old Night Fae covenant ability, and while it was never really popular in Shadowlands, it being only a 1-point talent makes it incredibly good. That being said, its value will come down to your usage. Some classes will benefit from the buffs more than others, and you also need to use it as often as possible to cycle through the four buffs and get back to Summer as quickly as you can, as it provides the largest DPS increase.
Best Trinkets for Holy Paladins in Mythic+
For in-depth trinket analysis, you should visit QuestionablyEpic which will provide you with a tool to compare every trinket you have, as well as rankings of the best overall trinkets. That being said, these are some of the top trinkets that you should aim for:
If you are interested in reading more about gearing your Holy Paladin, you can check out our page linked below.
Holy Paladin Utility
Due to the nature of dungeon content, healers will be expected to do damage and heal at the same time, as well as use your other utility to help your party perform well. Below is a list of abilities you should look for ways to use in Mythic+ at all times.
- Blessing of Protection will remove bleeds and other physical damage over time effects such as Grievous, as well as preventing all physical damage to the target for 10 seconds. It is often used on melee DPS players who might pull threat from your tank.
- Blessing of Freedom will remove or prevent the application of movement-impairing effects, including many that cannot be dispelled with Cleanse.
- Hammer of Justice will stun many mobs and can often be used to interrupt spell casting of targets that are not stun-immune.
- Devotion Aura is a very strong defensive ability for yourself and your group. Use of Aura Mastery with it can prevent large amounts of damage and save party members from very large damage spikes, especially those who lack defensive abilities. Try to stand within range of the tank when possible for maximum benefit.
- Repentance is a crowd-control ability but will only work against certain specific types of enemies. Using it will not place you in combat.
- Blinding Light is an Area of Effect that disorient enemies within 10 yards. The effect breaks when non-Holy damage is done to the target(s). It can also be used to interrupt the spell-casting of one or more enemies.
- 13 Nov. 2023: Talent recommendations updated.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Page Updated for 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 07 Aug. 2023: Updated talent recommendations.
- 17 Jul. 2023: Talent recommendation updated.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Talents updated for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 22 Feb. 2023: Talent recommendation updated.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Warrior Players Unhappy with the Lack of Choice in Odyn Questline
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear
- Season of Discovery Initial Tuning
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 1st
- Huge 10.2 Class Tuning: December 5th
- Void.gg's Hosting a $10K Solo Shuffle Tournament: Dec 2-3
- Sky-Captain's Masquerade Attire Set
- Living Flame (EU) Lone Wolf (EU) and Crusader Strike (US) Reams Temporarily Locked to New Players