Restoration Shaman Healing Castle Nathria Raid Guide — Dragonflight 10.0.0
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Restoration Shaman for each boss of the following raid: Castle Nathria. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.0.
In this section, you will find information and guidance for Restoration Shamans on each individual boss in the Castle Nathria raid. These are not complete encounter guides, but rather provide specific tips for doing the bosses as a Restoration Shaman.
Most tips should still be relevant but might be contingent on Dragonflight pre-patch changes done by Blizzard to account for the new talent system.
The following talent tree will work on every boss although some adjustments may be valid in some cases. You can also directly import it into the game using the following string:
During the Dragonflight Pre-Patch, Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination, and Sepulcher of the First Ones will be simultaneously featured as Fated Raids. During this time encounters within each specific raid will include an additional mechanic and items will drop at increased item levels. If you would like to learn more general information about the Fated Raids system as a whole, please see our overview below. Otherwise, continue to use this page for specialization-specific tips.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Shriekwing: Primal Tide Core.
- Exsanguinated will make allies take reduced healing and stacks. Do not waste Mana on players with high stacks of this debuff, unless they are about to die. You can Spirit Link Totem to stabilize them on an emergency, or Ancestral Protection Totem for a quick ress on anyone with a lot of stacks and / or hit by the sonar disks (and thus doomed to die soon afterwards from Descent).
- Because of all the line of sight mechanics in this fight, it is advisable to have healers spread across the room so that all players can get heals.
- Mythic: You can only see sonar disks when you have at least one stack of Bloodlight. This debuff is gained by standing on The Blood Lantern or the player carrying it. Do not stand on it for too long, as this debuff stacks.
For more information, please refer to our Shriekwing guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Huntsman Altimor: Primal Tide Core.
- Heal the souls spawned from Rip Soul fully before they reach the boss, as he will gain a 200% damage increase, otherwise.
- Save raid cooldowns for the final add, as the tank will need to move it periodically and that will cause him to do massive damage to your raid group.
- Mythic: After the second add arrives, the Sinseekers will spawn extra healing adds on anyone they hit. Be prepared to heal these with area effect healing such as Wellspring, especially if any are spawned close to the boss.
For more information, please refer to our Huntsman Altimor guide.
Sun King's Salvation
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Sun King's Salvation: Primal Tide Core.
- Use Earth Shield and Ascendance on Kael while buffed with high Infuser's Boon stacks to turbo-charge your healing! You can refresh this buff and add stacks by running over a new orb just before it expires.
- After killing Vile Occultists, essence fonts will spawn. Heal these to full in order to heal Kael for a massive amount.
- Mythic: Most strategies involve pushing Kael to the first Shade phase before the first adds spawn. Restoration Shamans are the best healers for this, as Mastery will have a huge effect at the start. Use the recommended talent build, set up Innervate and Power Infusion, as well as Earth Shield and Riptide on Kael, and go nuts with Ascendance and Healing Surge spam! You can regenerate Mana in Shade phases, as damage intake is very low.
For more information, please refer to our Sun King's Salvation guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Artificer Xy'Mox: Primal Tide Core.
- Save Graceful Spirit for healing while moving away from Phantasms in phase one and while moving against the gravitational pull in phase three.
- Mythic: Use Wind Rush Totem when your group is getting pulled in by the weapon in the center of the room and run against the closest wall. This will make it so that you do not die, barely. You can use Goblin jump / Ghost Wolf to make it safer, but it is not required. Damage ramps up towards the end of the fight, so make sure to save cooldowns for the final pulls. Finally, make sure to track and spot heal players affected by Withering Touch as they will be taking massive damage on top of everything else going on.
For more information, please refer to our Artificer Xy'Mox guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Hungering Destroyer: Primal Tide Core.
- Gluttonous Miasma prevents direct heals, so make sure to track it on your raid frames and do not heal anyone with it. Instead, you will need to heal any player next to someone debuffed, as the leech effect will add extra damage on top of the generic raid damage going on.
- Save raid cooldowns and Graceful Spirit for healing the raid when running against the Consume effect.
- Mythic: Use Spirit Link Totem on top of your group when Consume is cast and stay inside its effect to stay alive and minimize boss healing. If you have Gluttonous Miasma, make sure to stand at the edges of the SLT effect so that you do not die, but also do not add Essence Sap stacks to anyone in the raid. Use Ghost Wolf with Spirit Wolf to run out with your circles quickly and safely and back into the raid.
For more information, please refer to our Hungering Destroyer guide.
Lady Inerva Darkvein
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Lady Inerva Darkvein: Primal Tide Core.
- Prioritize healing on targets suffering from Shared Cognition.
- As the anima containers fill and are successively drained, raid damage will increase. Make sure to have all of your cooldowns available for the final 20% burn, as that is when the raid damage is likely to be at its highest.
- Mythic: Use Wind Rush Totem when your group has to move the boss from its current position or immediately after orbs spawn to give a speed boost to whoever has to deal with them. If you are chosen yourself try to deal with the closest orb, as healing this fight can be quite intense. Make sure to contribute DPS, especially in the start, when there is barely any damage going on and enough raid DPS can allow you to skip a set of add spawns.
For more information, please refer to our Lady Inerva Darkvein guide.
The Council of Blood
We advise you to use the following Legendary against The Council of Blood: Primal Tide Core.
- Danse Macabre requires you to be in a random position in the room before the dance sequence begins. Make sure to save movement abilities, including Wind Rush Totem in order to help everyone get to their designated places in time.
- Help interrupt Frieda's Dreadbolt Volley.
- Mythic: Interrupting Frieda is more important than ever, especially when she reappears throughout the fight, a missed interrupt is likely to lead to a wipe. Save your raid cooldowns for the raid damage when jumping to clear Dancing Fever. You will not have them ready every time, so make sure to set up a cooldown rotation with the rest of your healing team. Wind Rush Totem can be quite useful when moving around the room to dodge dancers and just before an add spawns and knocks the raid back on the final phase, to ensure everyone is back into position as soon as possible.
For more information, please refer to our The Council of Blood guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Sludgefist: Primal Tide Core.
- The longer the fight goes on, the higher the raid damage will be, so make sure you have access to all of your cooldowns for the final 20% burn, especially as the boss enrages at this point.
- If you have Chain Link you need to stay within close range of your partner. Forgetting that means death for both, move slowly and deliberately.
- Mythic: While there is a lot of damage to heal through in this fight, DPS is just as important as the check is very tight and you are likely to kill the boss mere seconds before wiping to him hitting a wall after all pillars are down. He takes double damage while stunned after hitting a pillar so make sure to DPS during this part, using only token cooldowns to stabilize the raid enough for the follow-up Colossal Roar. Never be afraid of going into the damage pools on the ground when moving around the room: they deal low damage and their slow is easily countered by Ghost Wolf if needed. You can use Ancestral Protection Totem to cheese the final Chain Links: use blessing of protection or an immunity on the player paired with the targeted person and have him break the chain to cancel the ability without giving max energy to the boss!
For more information, please refer to our Sludgefist guide.
Stone Legion Generals
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Stone Legion Generals: Primal Tide Core.
- Dispelling Heart Rend causes a very dangerous 6-second debuff, Heart Hemorrhage, on the dispelled player. Make sure to have strong single target healing ready for them before dispelling.
- Soak Pulverizing Meteor with the rest of the raid to remove everyone's Wicked Laceration and Serrated Tear stacks. Raid cooldowns might be helpful.
- The final phase is a frantic race against time as you face all mechanics of both bosses at once, make sure to have your raid cooldowns ready!
- Mythic: Use Wind Rush Totem to counteract the pushback effect of low health Skirmishers and Spirit Link Totem to keep the raid alive while no one can be healed due to the Goliath's Soultaint Effigy low health effect.
For more information, please refer to our Stone Legion Generals guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Sire Denathrius: Primal Tide Core.
- Impale and Fatal Finesse deal large damage to their targets, make sure to heal them up fast so that they do not die from subsequent damage.
- Ghost Wolf allows you to ignore the slow from March of the Penitent, so you should be in the group of players who never removes their stacks.
- Avoid edges in order to prevent yourself from being knocked off to your death when Denathrius uses Shattering Pain.
- Wind Rush Totem can be useful when the whole group needs to go through the mirrors in order to avoid Hand of Destruction.
- Mythic P1: Earthen Wall Totem is great to counteract the add damage on Phase 1, but it can cause massive lag when used after a lot of people soaked, so experiment with the timing at which you use it if that becomes an issue.
- Mythic P2: If you are assigned to interrupt Lord Evershade adds in Phase 2, be careful with Searing Censure projectiles, which will be flying over from another platform; being hit will silence you for 6 seconds and likely lead to a wipe, due to being unable to interrupt on your turn.
- Mythic P3: Because of the Mythic mirror mechanic and Blood Price, you will be 2-healing a 10 to 11 man group. Make sure to prioritize single-target heals accordingly and focus on topping anyone particularly low or out of personal cooldowns before the Blood Price casts, as otherwise deaths are likely to occur. Any damage you can contribute between heals will help a lot as kills tend to be down to the wire.
For more information, please refer to our Sire Denathrius guide.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2
- Full Trading Post Rotation for December 2023
- New Returning Items Tab for Trading Post Items in Patch 10.2.5
- Will Sylvanas Return in Patch 10.2.5?
- Night Elf Paladin NPC Spotted in Patch 10.2.5
- New Trading Post Mount in Patch 10.2.5 - Savage Blue Battle Turtle