Discipline Priest Healing Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Discipline Priest. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
The Basics of Stats for Discipline Priest
All of our stats are very close in value, including intellect. Due to the scaling of Intellect on gear, targeting the highest item level possible is almost always the correct play in terms of gearing, outside of Azerite gear and Trinkets.
The stat priority is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Leech and Avoidance
While we provide stat preference lists, swapping gear to higher item level items — and their higher intellect/total stats — should, usually, provide a larger upgrade than using lower item level items with higher priority stats. The exceptions to this rule are items with important tertiary stats, like Leech and Avoidance, which should still be used ahead of other items without them, unless the difference in item level is 10 or above.
Getting a Better Understanding of Discipline Priest Stats
Intellect is your primary stat. You should look for this stat in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Spell Power, which increases the power of your heals.
Haste reduces the cast time of your spells, reduces the cooldown of Power Word: Solace, and also reduces your global cooldown. Moreover, it increases the amount of attacks your Shadowfiend can make, and the number of ticks from Shadow Word: Pain/ Purge the Wicked.
Critical Strike grants your damaging spells and heals a chance to double their value. That said, it is worth noting that it does not double-dip with regards to Atonement healing (Atonement heals cannot be critical hits; they only heal for the amount of damage that was done, which is the only portion that can be a critical strike).
Mastery ( Mastery: Grace) increases your healing on Atonement targets. Please note that this DOES work with your Atonement healing and not just your direct healing.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 15 Jul. 2019: Updated page after first week of The Eternal Palace raid.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 May 2019: Updated page after peer review.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 12 Mar. 2019: Updated page for Patch 8.1.5.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated page for Patch 8.1.
- 11 Sep. 2018: Updated with proper stat recommendations.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Ny'alotha Raid Testing - October 17th and 18th
- Ny'alotha Plate Raid Sets Preview
- N'Zoth Serpent Mount in Patch 8.3
- New Essences in Patch 8.3
- Wrathion's Legendary Cloak Updated on Patch 8.3 PTR
- Allied Races & Pandaren Death Knight Textures Added on 8.3 PTR
- Alpaca Mount Fixed on Patch 8.3 PTR
- Mechagnome & Vulpera Dance Animations
- Assassination Rogue PvP 8.1.5
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Lock Destru bad dps improvement
- Il'gynoth Whispers 8.3 SPOILERS
- Restoration Druid 8.2
- Mission Table - Guide
- Hunter Macro
- Post your Transmog