Discipline Priest Healing Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Discipline Priest. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Healer Priest stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Discipline Priest
All of our stats are very close in value, including intellect. Due to the scaling of Intellect on gear, targeting the highest item level possible is almost always the correct play in terms of gearing, outside of Azerite gear and Trinkets.
The stat priority is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Getting a Better Understanding of Discipline Priest Stats
Intellect is your primary stat. You should look for this stat in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Spell Power, which increases the power of your heals.
Haste reduces the cast time of your spells, reduces the cooldown of Power Word: Solace, and also reduces your global cooldown. Moreover, it increases the amount of attacks your Shadowfiend can make, and the number of ticks from Shadow Word: Pain/ Purge the Wicked.
Critical Strike grants your damaging spells and heals a chance to double their value. That said, it is worth noting that it does not double-dip with regards to Atonement healing (Atonement heals cannot be critical hits; they only heal for the amount of damage that was done, which is the only portion that can be a critical strike).
Mastery ( Mastery: Grace) increases your healing on Atonement targets. Please note that this DOES work with your Atonement healing and not just your direct healing.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Updated for Patch 8.3.
- 15 Jul. 2019: Updated page after first week of The Eternal Palace raid.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 May 2019: Updated page after peer review.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 12 Mar. 2019: Updated page for Patch 8.1.5.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated page for Patch 8.1.
- 11 Sep. 2018: Updated with proper stat recommendations.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Is Gamepad Support Coming to WoW in Shadowlands?
- Allied Races No Longer Require Exalted Reputation in Shadowlands
- Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 33978
- Covenant Abilities Already Very Controversial in the WoW Community
- Hunter Stable Size Will Be Increased in WoW Shadowlands
- A New Leveling Experience Awaits in WoW Shadowlands
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: April 7th
- Bastion Zone and Kyrian Covenant In-dept Preview (Official)
- VuhDo - Private tank order
- ElvUI: a Comprehensive Guide
- GM of a Guild.
- New disc looking for advice
- Monk Leveling Guide
- Class Order Halls - Resources and Advancements
- Elemental Shaman 8.3
- Mage Leveling Guide