Discipline Priest Healing Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Discipline Priest. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. The Basics of Stats for Discipline Priest
Intellect is your most important stat, and thus higher item level will usually provide better results. In terms of secondary stats, Haste has slightly more value than other secondaries, but not enough to reduce your item level to target it. The remaining secondaries are all quite equal in value. Leech is also worth using if you have it but this tertiary stat loses value in easier content or during farm content.
The BfA Patch 8.1 stat priority is below:
- Critical Strike;
Please keep in mind any stat "priority" will vary based on your current gear. It is recommended to choose a higher item level piece of gear in almost all cases because of the increased value of Intellect over all secondaries. Tertiary stats (Leech) or sockets can change this factoring slightly.
2. Getting a Better Understanding of Discipline Priest Stats
Intellect is your primary stat. You should look for this stat in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Spell Power, which increases the power of your heals.
Haste reduces the cast time of your spells, reduces the cooldown of Power Word: Solace, and also reduces your global cooldown. Moreover, it increases the amount of attacks your Mindbender can make, and the number of ticks from Shadow Word: Pain/ Purge the Wicked.
Critical Strike grants your damaging spells and heals a chance to double their value. That said, it is worth noting that it does not double-dip with regards to Atonement healing (Atonement heals cannot be critical hits; they only heal for the amount of damage that was done, which is the only portion that can be a critical strike).
Mastery ( Mastery: Grace) increases your healing on Atonement targets.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated page for Patch 8.1.
- 11 Sep. 2018: Updated with proper stat recommendations.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Artifact Power Catchup Disabled Until January 22nd
- Crafted Gear Now Requires the Profession to Equip in Patch 8.1
- This Week in WoW: December 11th
- Patch 8.1: List of Known Issues
- New World of Warcraft Folder Structure
- Class Guides for World of Warcraft Patch 8.1
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 11th
- 8.1: Tides of Vengeance Is Now Live in the Americas
- Holy Paladin 8.0.1
- Feral Druid 8.0.1
- Discipline Priest 8.0.1
- Arcane Mage 8.0.1
- Bilescourge Bombers better than Demonic Strange?
- Enhancement Shaman 8.0.1
- Shaman Leveling Guide
- Unholy Death Knight PvP 7.2