Restoration Shaman Healing Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Restoration Shaman, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Restoration Shaman gems and enchants.
Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Restoration Shaman
This guide covers the best enchants, gems, and consumables you can use in Dragonflight.
To better understand why these specific enchants and gems are recommended, check out the detailed stats guide below.
Best Gems for Restoration Shamans
Gems are crafted by Jewelcrafting, and you can use as many as you have sockets in your gear. You can guarantee sockets in your necklace with the Tiered Medallion Setting, also crafted by Jewelcrafters.
You will always want to have one Primalist Gem, ideally the maximum Quality Inscribed Illimited Diamond, but the baseline Inscribed Illimited Diamond is still worth using over any other gem.
Radiant Alexstraszite is the best gem to stack on the other slots, especially if you are using the Jewelcrafting-produced trinket Idol of the Lifebinder, which scales with the amount of Alexstraszite gems you are using.
Best Enchants for Restoration Shamans
Dragonflight reintroduced Leg enchants from Tailoring, which have cheap ( Vibrant Spellthread) and expensive ( Temporal Spellthread) versions, and Belt enchants in the form of Shadowed Belt Clasp, created by Blacksmithing.
The rest of the enchants are produced by the Enchanting profession and all gear enchants are affected by Quality, with the best version of each enchant, such as the three-star Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Leech, being stronger than lower versions, such as the one-star Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Leech.
We will be listing only the best versions of each enchant, but lower versions can be used to save gold.
|Cloak||Enchant Cloak - Regenerative Leech|
|Bracers||Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Leech|
|Waist||Shadowed Belt Clasp|
|Boots||Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze|
Consumables for Restoration Shamans
Best Phials and Potions for Restoration Shamans
Phials are the new Flasks and persist through death for 30 minutes. Potions are short-duration powerful effects. Alchemy crafts both and affected by Quality which increases their effects.
Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage is the best phial for raw throughput but also has a significant downside which might lead you into using Phial of Elemental Chaos instead. Phial of Tepid Versatility grants a lower throughput benefit but has a significant damage reduction component, which is excellent in a progress or high-key scenario where your survivability is critical.
Use Potion of Frozen Focus to regenerate Mana if you can afford the downtime. Otherwise Aerated Mana Potion or Potion of Chilled Clarity (with heavy Chain Heal / Healing Surge usage) are better. Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power or the cheaper Elemental Potion of Power can be used for throughput if you are fine on Mana.
Residual Neural Channeling Agent and Delicate Suspension of Spores can be used while dead and be the difference between victory and defeat in an encounter.
Dreamwalker's Healing Potion does not share the same cooldown as Healthstones and should be used for emergency self-healing.
Best Food for Restoration Shamans
Food is crafted by Cooking and has no Quality, which means all versions of a food item are equal.
Eat from the Dragonflight feasts, Hoard of Draconic Delicacies or Grand Banquet of the Kalu'ak, if possible. Otherwise, eat Deviously Deviled Eggs, Fated Fortune Cookie, Revenge, Served Cold, or the cheaper Filet of Fangs.
Other Consumables for Restoration Shamans
If you are not using Earthliving Weapon, use the Buzzing Rune Fauna Rune, crafted by Inscription, on your weapon.
Augment Runes for Restoration Shamans
Draconic Augment Rune, or the infinite Dreambound Augment Rune, can be used for an additional stat boost during progression raiding or the toughest Mythic+ keys.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Explained the Onyx Annulet nerfs and its new status as a decent, but not great, ring.
- 10 May 2023: Added the new waist enchant, Shadowed Belt Clasp.
- 09 May 2023: Adjusted for Corrupting Rage May 9th bug fix.
- 05 May 2023: Adjusted Spore Tender recommendation post 72% nerf and for Corrupting Rage bugged state.
- 01 May 2023: Added Spore Tender enchant, Phial of Corrupting Rage, and Deviously Deviled Eggs.
- 24 Mar. 2023: Further Onyx Annulet updates.
- 23 Mar. 2023: Updated post multiple gem buffs for the Onyx Annulet making it worth using.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated with the Onyx Annulet for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 30 Nov. 2022: Added leg enchants from Tailoring Spellthreads.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2