Void Reaver Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Void Reaver can be either the second or third boss you encounter in the Tempest Keep 25-player raid instance. Void Reaver is an extremely straightforward boss fight that will demand a heavy amount of output from both your healers and damage dealers. Once you have the mechanics mastered this boss is widely considered one of the biggest throughput tests in all of The Burning Crusade
Void Reaver is the second boss in the Tempest Keep 25 player raid. Void Reaver is a considerable DPS and healing check but a rather simple boss that will require your raid to bring the most damage and healing they can do.
Role-Specific Tips for Void Reaver
Spread around the room and ensure every member of the raid is able to be reached by a healer.
Be ready for tank swaps and ensure you are healing the person with aggro as every time Void Reaver casts Knock Away he will clear the threat table of the person he hits with the spell.
Make sure as ranged DPS you are spread to minimize the impact of Arcane Orb.
Maximum threat builds/gearing are very useful for this boss as the ability Knock Away wipes threat from the person targeted by this spell. Knock Away is always cast on the person Void Reaver is currently attacking.
Void Reaver Abilities
- Knock Away — Knocks back the person who Void Reaver is attacking and wipes their threat completely.
- Pounding — This channels a large amount of damage to all players close to Void Reaver.
- Arcane Orb — Sends a large Arcane Orb toward a random player in the raid that is not in melee range; it moves extremely slowly and will impact a large area where the player it targeted was located when the ability was cast. Make sure to run away from where the impact site will be or you will take a large amount of damage and be silenced for 6 seconds.
Strategy for Void Reaver
Pulling the Boss
It can greatly help to pre-assign the ranged members of your raid in locations around the boss to mitigate the effects of Arcane Orb. Ensure every member of the raid has a healer in range of them. The boss should be tanked in the center of the room where he stands to allow the raid the most room to avoid the Arcane Orb.
This encounter requires a large amount of threat from your tanks, so allowing them to build a lead early is important. Using three tanks can greatly help as the frequency of threat wipes thanks to Knock Away can lead to a damage dealer pulling aggro and potentially dying. Once your tanks have a comfortable threat lead the only major mechanics for the raid to handle are Pounding which will deal a large amount of damage to those in close proximity of the boss, so make sure heals are focused on the melee during this channel, and Arcane Orb which will require the ranged members of the raid to move away from an orb that will be launched to the position of a random player who is not in melee range.
Void Reaver Loot
|Pauldrons of the Vanquished Defender||Tier Token||Shoulders|
|Pauldrons of the Vanquished Champion||Tier Token||Shoulders|
|Pauldrons of the Vanquished Hero||Tier Token||Shoulders|
|Fel Reaver's Piston||Accessory||Trinket|
|Cowl of the Grand Engineer||Cloth||Helmet|
|Girdle of Zaetar||Leather||Belt|
|Void Reaver Greaves||Legs|
|Wristguards of Determination||Plate||Bracers|
- 31 Aug. 2021: Guide added.
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.2 PTR Notes: May 18th
- Death Heat Map for Hardcore Characters and Their Killers
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Blizzard Announces Hardcore Classic
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Wrath Classic 3.4.2 PTR Schedule
- Official Support for Hardcore Classic Realms Coming Soon?
- New Sons of Hodir Tabard to Be Added to Wrath Classic