Mage DPS Molten Core Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items from Molten Core for your Mage DPS in WoW Classic. For more gearing advice, please refer to our Mage DPS Gearing and Best in Slot guide.
Mage Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List for Molten Core / Onyxia's Lair
Mage's Tier 1, Arcanist Regalia has some nice perks, the 3-set bonus gives you a Spell Damage boost, the 5-set is mostly forgettable and the 8-set bonus reduces your threat generation by 15%, which is really nice, but not enough to warrant using the full set, as there are much more powerful alternatives to most pieces.
We will be recommending the strongest pieces below, with the weaker ones having a remark that you should only use them if they will allow you to get an extra set bonus.
The list below contains gear from: raids, epic PvP sets (above rank 11) and world bosses, as well as some gear from dungeons and quests, when warranted.
*These items have random suffixes. You will be looking for of Frozen Wrath, which gives +Frost Spell Damage. Since you need both the item and the correct suffix to drop, these are often hard to farm, so make sure you have reasonable alternatives until you can get the correct drop.
**While we are only listing the Horde versions of the PvP set and PvP reputation gear, equivalent versions can be found on the Alliance side, with the same requirements, cost and stats.
You can find more Mage BiS lists in our dedicated gear hub below.
- 20 May 2020: Added Sandworm Skin Gloves.
- 15 May 2020: Added Silithus Twilight boss summonings gear.
- 28 Apr. 2020: Clarified some items with different quest sources on Alliance and Horde.
- 23 Apr. 2020: Added Zulian Ceremonial Staff.
- 11 Mar. 2020: Updated with Arathi Basin gear.
- 28 Feb. 2020: Added Flarecore Leggings.
- 11 Feb. 2020: Guide added.
- World's Fastest Onyxia Speed Kill in WoW Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update: April 9th
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Raid Testing: April 13 - 15
- Daily Instance Cap is Over 50 on The Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Sealed Packages Added on the Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Burning Crusade Classic Boost Quests: Brand New BC Content
- New Burning Crusade Classic Build: Cap Raised to Level 70 & More
- New onyxia kill time
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Chaos Recruiting for TBC Classic [H] [Herod]
- No one wants retris
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- TBC Transition+
- Looking for guild with EARLY RAID TIMES