Mage DPS Molten Core Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items from Molten Core for your Mage DPS in WoW Classic. For more gearing advice, please refer to our Mage DPS Gearing and Best in Slot guide.
Mage Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List for Molten Core / Onyxia's Lair
Mage's Tier 1, Arcanist Regalia has some nice perks, the 3-set bonus gives you a Spell Damage boost, the 5-set is mostly forgettable and the 8-set bonus reduces your threat generation by 15%, which is really nice, but not enough to warrant using the full set, as there are much more powerful alternatives to most pieces.
We will be recommending the strongest pieces below, with the weaker ones having a remark that you should only use them if they will allow you to get an extra set bonus.
The list below contains gear from: raids, epic PvP sets (above rank 11) and world bosses, as well as some gear from dungeons and quests, when warranted.
*These items have random suffixes. You will be looking for of Frozen Wrath, which gives +Frost Spell Damage. Since you need both the item and the correct suffix to drop, these are often hard to farm, so make sure you have reasonable alternatives until you can get the correct drop.
**While we are only listing the Horde versions of the PvP set and PvP reputation gear, equivalent versions can be found on the Alliance side, with the same requirements, cost and stats.
You can find more Mage BiS lists in our dedicated gear hub below.
- 20 May 2020: Added Sandworm Skin Gloves.
- 15 May 2020: Added Silithus Twilight boss summonings gear.
- 28 Apr. 2020: Clarified some items with different quest sources on Alliance and Horde.
- 23 Apr. 2020: Added Zulian Ceremonial Staff.
- 11 Mar. 2020: Updated with Arathi Basin gear.
- 28 Feb. 2020: Added Flarecore Leggings.
- 11 Feb. 2020: Guide added.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank