Berserk Barbarian Build for Diablo 2 Resurrected
The Berserk Barbarian, also known sometimes as a Pitzerker, is the best Magic Finding character in Diablo 2. The reason for this is that not only does he move quickly through areas and have high survivability with his shouts, but he has the skill Item Find that uses his Magic Find every time it successfully pops a corpse. Because of this, the number of unique monsters that he can kill and Magic Find "double-dip" is higher than any other character, thus giving him the title of greatest Magic Find character in the game.
The best place to farm for the top tier items comes from Unique Monsters in location with a high Area Level (alvl), such as The Pit or Ancient Tunnels. By taking advantage of the skill Find Item the Berserk Barbarian can double-dip on these monsters drops, making him more effective at Magic Finding than any other character in the game. His unique build style and speed also make him faster than other Barbarians and truly the king of farming.
You can check the viability of this build in PvM by consulting our PvM Tier List.
Berserker Barbarian Skill Build
The following section shows the core skills for the Berserker Barbarian. For a detailed breakdown of all core and optional skills as well as the recommended order for allocating skill points, refer to the Skills page of this guide.
- 1 point to all prerequisites
- 20 points to Berserk — Main skill used by the character, required
- 20 points to Weapon Mastery of choice — Sword Mastery recommended, required
- 20 points to Battle Orders — Increases Life and Mana, required
- 20 points to Find Potion — Synergy for Find Item, required
- 15+ points to Find Item — Increases chance to find additional loot, required
- 1 points to Increased Speed — Great for additional Faster Run/Walk Speed, required
- 1 points to Natural Resistance — Adds a lot of Elemental Resistance, required
- 1+ points to Howl — Allows you to scare off all non-Unique monsters and Synergy for Berserk, required
- 1 points to Battle Command — Increases skills by 1, required
Since the Berserk Barbarian is not a starter character, we recommend using a generic Barbarian build until the appropriate level. For more information, refer to the Early Leveling section of this guide.
Berserker Barbarian Stat Points and Attributes
|Enough for Gear||Enough for Gear||Everything Else||None|
You can read more details about the Stats and Attribute requirements for this build on our Skills page.
Berserker Barbarian Gear
The following section shows some of the most important Items for the Berserker Barbarian. For a detailed per-slot breakdown of all Berserker Barbarian Items and alternative builds, refer to the Gear page of this guide.
- Weapon: Grief ( Phase Blade preferred)
- Weapon Offhand: Phase Blade socketed with 6 Ist Runes
- Weapon Swap: Wizardspike and Wizardspike
- Body Armor: Enigma
- Helm: Harlequin Crest
- Gloves: Chance Guards
- Boots: War Traveler
- Belt: Goldwrap
- Ring 1: Nagelring
- Ring 2: Nagelring or Ring with +10% Faster Cast Rate to reach the 105% breakpoint
- Amulet: Highlord's Wrath or Amulet with +5% Faster Cast Rate to hit the 105% breakpoint
- Charm 1: Barbarian Hellfire Torch
- Charm 2: Annihilus
- Charm 3: 40% MF Gheed's Fortune
- Rest of Charms: Small Charms with 7% Magic Find
MrLlamaSC's Berserker Barbarian Video Guide
We also have a video guide that goes over the build, if you prefer that instead of or in addition to our written guide.
Berserker Barbarian Breakpoints
In Diablo 2, stats that affect action speed (known as frames) for attacking, casting, blocking, and recovering from a hit can almost never be taken literally. For example, gaining 10% Increased Attack Speed from an item will not necessarily translate into 10% faster attacks. To achieve faster actions, certain breakpoints must be reached, which vary for every class. The tables below list how much of a given stat is required to actually improve the action speed of the class for the stated action.
Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints
|Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||9||8||7||6||5||4||3||2|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame||0%||7%||15%||27%||48%||86%||200%||4680%|
Faster Cast Rate Breakpoints
|Faster Cast Rate Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||13||12||11||10||9||8||7|
|Faster Cast Rate required to reach frame||0%||9%||20%||37%||63%||105%||200%|
Faster Block Rate Breakpoints
|Faster Block Rate Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||7||6||5||4||3||2|
|Faster Block Rate required to reach frame||0%||9%||20%||42%||86%||280%|
Berserker Barbarian Mercenary
- Weapon: Etheral Insight
- Body Armor: Ethereal Fortitude
- Helm: Ethereal Andariel's Visage with Ral Rune
Berserker Barbarian Early Leveling
The following section features a generic Barbarian skill point progression meant to make leveling towards becoming a Berserk Barbarian smoother.
- 1 point to Bash
- 4 points to Mace Mastery or the Weapon Mastery of your choice
- 6 points to Double Swing at levels 6-11
- 1 point to Double Throw at level 12
- All remaining points to your Weapon Mastery until level 24
- All remaining points to Frenzy until ready to respec into Berserk
For more comprehensive leveling advice, please refer to our Barbarian Fastest Leveling Build.
- World First Level 99 in Diablo 2: Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Minimum Specs, Possible 2022 Release, and No PC Port
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Gameplay Videos
- Diablo 2: Resurrected New Ladder Builds and Tier List
- Diablo 2 Resurrected Patch 18.104.22.168 Bug Fixes: April 25th
- Diablo 2 Patch 2.4 (Final Notes)
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update: March 2022