Berserk Barbarian Build Skills for Diablo 2 Resurrected
This page shows the recommended skill point progression and priority for the Berserk Barbarian. Note that the following list refers to the total number of skill points, not the character level, to best account for the 12 bonus skill points granted by quests.
Berserker Barbarian Skill Build
- 1 point to all prerequisites
- 20 points to Berserk — Main skill used by the character, required
- 20 points to Weapon Mastery of choice — Sword Mastery recommended, required
- 1 points to Increased Speed — Great for additional Faster Run/Walk Speed, required
- 1 points to Natural Resistance — Adds a lot of Elemental Resistance, required
- 20 points to Howl — Allows you to scare off all non-Unique monsters and Synergy for Berserk, required
- 1+ points to Shout — Increases defense and synergy for Berserk, required
- 1+ points to Battle Orders — Increases Life and Mana, required
- 1 points to Battle Command — Increases skills by 1, required
- 15+ points to Find Item — Increases chance to find additional \ loot, required
Select Berserker Barbarian Skill Discussion
The Berserk Barbarian or "Zerker" is the Best Magic Finding build in Diablo 2, which may come as a surprise to you until you understand just how strong Find Item is for finding loot. With an extra ~50% chance to find an item from a monster, all of the sudden a decent farmer can now outperform even the fastest Sorceress or Paladin.
The Skill usage for this character might take a little bit of time to figure out as it requires a lot of quick movements to optimize. Having some quick casting weapons like Wizardspike or Suicide Branch on swap to Teleport quickly can help speed up his time between mobs.
To start, Weapon Swap to your fast casting weapons and Teleport to the first boss group. Once there, cast Howl to scare off the minions and isolate the unique boss. Weapon swap over to your main-hand, kill the boss with Berserk, then Find Item his corpse quickly and weapon swap back to your off-hand to move onto the next group. It does not sound too difficult, but a lot is going on in a short time so the repetition is good to practice.
In terms of where to farm, the Zerker is really quite functional is most any Area. Pindle is always a great boss kill, and the Pit is where he is known for farming super well, but honestly, he can be taken into most areas in the game and still loot extremely quickly.
This is definitely a more endgame build and although it can be run through the game, it will be slower than most builds.
Berserker Barbarian Stats Discussion
The following section discusses how many attribute points should be allocated to each of the primary stats.
How much Strength Does a Berserker Barbarian Need?
Enough for gear — this number always changes based on the gear you are using though, so make sure to always double-check the Strength requirements of each piece of gear you have, as well as how much Strength each piece will provide once equipped.
How much Dexterity Does a Berserker Barbarian Need?
Enough for gear. Dexterity is excellent for increasing Block Chance, but if you are not planning to invest points to max that out, it is often not worth adding any additional points. The little bit of Attack Rating gained per stat point ends up not worth it most of the time and is better spent on more Life instead.
How much Vitality Does a Berserker Barbarian Need?
Everything else into Vitality — 250+ Vitality. Every excess attribute point should be allocated to Vitality, as long as you can meet the Strength requirements of your items by the time you wish to equip them. Not only does this increase your Life total, but it also increases the chance for Health Potions to double the healing provided. On top of that, the more Life you have, the less chance you have to be put into Hit Recovery, helping your character out even more!
How much Energy Does a Berserker Barbarian Need?
Nothing — allocating stat points to Energy in a final build is universally considered sub-par for almost every character due to the widespread availability of Mana Potions. While leveling, if you find your character struggling with Mana, you can allocate a few points to Energy that you can then remove with a respec later in the game.
- 20 Sep. 2021: Page added.
- Diablo 2: Resurrected 1.25 PTR Now Live: Character Pre-Mades and Known Issues
- Blizzard Working on a New Survival Game for PC and Console
- Announcements We Can Expect this Week? (Speculation Post)
- New Runewords Coming in Diablo 2 Patch 2.4
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Patch 2.4 PTR Notes: January 21st
- A Message from Mike Ybarra
- An Excerpt from Bobby Kotick's Email to Staff
- Official Microsoft and Activision Blizzard Announcements on Acquisition