Throw Barbarian Build Skills for Diablo 2 Resurrected
This page shows the recommended skill point progression and priority for the Throw Barbarian. Note that the following list refers to the total number of skill points, not the character level, to best account for the 12 bonus skill points granted by quests.
Throw Barbarian Skill Build
- 1 point to all prerequisites
- 20 points to Double Throw — Main damage skill, required
- 20 points to Double Swing — damage synergy for Double Throw, required
- 1 point to Leap — Helpful for avoiding surrounds and escaping, required
- 20 points to Throwing Mastery — Main damage mastery, required
- 1 point to Increased Speed — Increases movement speed, required
- 1 point to Natural Resistance — Increases Resistances, required
- 20 points to Battle Orders — Massive Life and Mana gain, required
- 1+ points to Howl — Useful for scaring monsters away to isolate Unique enemies, required
- 1 point to Battle Command — Adds a temporary skill bonus to all skills, required
- 1 point to Taunt — Can be used to lure monsters, optional
- 1 point to Battle Cry — Can be used to lower Defense and Damage, optional
- 1 point to Berserk — Useful against Physical Immune monsters, optional
- 1 point to Frenzy — Can be useful to increase Attack Speed between Double Throws, optional
Select Throw Barbarian Skill Discussion
The Throw Barb is often overlooked as the Barbarian is usually known for his strong melee attacks and War Cries, and not as a ranged sharpshooter. Surprisingly however, a maxed out Throw Barb can actually kill every monster in the game and handle Uber Tristram Bosses as well.
As with some other uncommon builds, the Throw Barb will take some practice to play. Swapping into Frenzy every few seconds to build up Attack Speed can be extremely valuable, allowing for a significant damage ouput increase.
To further increase damage, running high Deadly Strike gear Throwing Mastery, and Lacerator with a 33% Chance to Cast Amplify Damage leads to quickly multiplying your damage by 3 or 4. This is why every gear upgrade is so singnificant for the Throw Barb.
When leveling through the game, this build will definitely struggle at first and run into problems, including having to repair often. However, most of the solid Unique throwing weapons have the Replenishes Quantity Affix, allowing you to stay out longer and also equip Ethereal versions for even more damage without fear of losing said weapons. Overall, the Throw Barbarian is very slow on an ungeared playthrough, but a definite recommendation to try out once a little bit of gear has been obtained.
Throw Barbarian Stats Discussion
The following section discusses how many attribute points should be allocated to each of the primary stats.
How much Strength Does a Throw Barbarian Need?
Enough for gear — Your weapon will most likely have the highest Strength requirement for this build, and so investing whatever that number may be is the appropriate thing to do. However, this number always changes based on the gear you are using, so make sure to always double check the Strength requirement of each piece of gear you have as well as how much Strength each piece will provide once equipped. You technically can place additional points into Strength to increase your damage if you feel that you are resilient enough as it is. Each point of Strength provides a modest 0,75% Increased Damage.
How much Dexterity Does a Throw Barbarian Need?
Enough for gear — The same logic as Strength applies to Dexterity. The little amount of Attack Rating gained per Dexterity point ends up not being worth it most of the time and, and it is generally better to invest into more Vitality instead.
How much Vitality Does a Throw Barbarian Need?
Everything else into Vitality — 250+ Vitality. Every excess attribute point should be allocated to Vitality, as long as you can meet the Strength and Dexterity requirements of your items by the time you wish to equip them.
How much Energy Does a Throw Barbarian Need?
Nothing — allocating stat points to Energy in a final build is universally considered sub-par for almost every character due to the widespread availability of Mana Potions.
- 20 Sep. 2021: Page added.
- Mother’s Blessing Returns to Sanctuary (November 20-27)
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Living Steel Drop Rates Increased, Chest Spawns Fixed: November 14th Hotfix
- Living Steel and Living Steel Chest Improvements Coming With Hotfix This Week
- Blind Player Levels to 100 in Hardcore Diablo 4
- Extremely Lucky Player Gets 2 Shakos (Harlequin Crest) in 2 Duriel Kills
- How to Make Tortured Gift of Living Steel Helltide Chest Appear in Diablo 4 Season 2
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands