War Cry Barbarian (Singer) Build Skills for Diablo 2 Resurrected
This page shows the recommended skill point progression and priority for the Singer Barbarian. Note that the following list refers to the total number of skill points, not the character level, to best account for the 12 bonus skill points granted by quests.
Singer Barbarian Skill Build
- 20 points to War Cry — main damage dealer and stunner, required
- 20 points to Battle Orders — Increases Life and Mana, required
- 20 points to Battle Cry — Lowers defense and damage, required
- 20 points to Taunt — Synergy for War Cry, required
- 1+ points to Howl — Synergy for War Cry, required
- 1 point to Battle Command — Adds one more skill, required
- 1 point to Increased Speed — Increases Barbarian movement, required
- 1+ points to Natural Resistance — Greatly increases Resistances, required
- 1 point to Leap — Good for movement, required
- 1 point to Concentrate — Can be useful for Crushing Blow on bosses, optional
Select Singer Barbarian Skill Discussion
The Singer Barbarian is more of a support build than it is anything else, but it is viable enough to solo through Hell.
War Cry's Strength is in its long stun in area-of-effect format. While you are casting War Cry, all regular monsters are stun locked until you kill them with War Cry. As a result, the Singer has a lot of safety and can provide a lot of crowd control for teammates if he is in a group.
The downside of War Cry is that its damage is poor and the range of its area-of-effect is also poor. The range issue can be mitigated with a sufficient level of Taunt to force ranged monsters to come near you. But there is no way to boost War Cry damage with the exception of additional skill levels and Amplify Damage or Decrepify curses.
Against monsters that cannot be stunned, using Battle Cry as a debuff against melee monsters can improve survivability. Otherwise, kiting against unstunnable monsters is the only course of action.
Whether you are building the Singer to solo through the game or support your teammates, hopefully the constant yelling does not get too tiring.
Singer Barbarian Stats Discussion
The following section discusses how many attribute points should be allocated to each of the primary stats.
How much Strength Does a Singer Barbarian Need?
Enough for gear — this number constantly changes based on the gear you are using though, so make sure always to double-check the Strength requirements of each piece of equipment you have as well as how much Strength each piece will provide once equipped.
How much Dexterity Does a Singer Barbarian Need?
Enough for gear. Dexterity is excellent for increasing Block Chance but if you are not planning to invest points to max that out, it is often not worth adding any additional points.
How much Vitality Does a Singer Barbarian Need?
Everything else into Vitality — 250+ Vitality. Every excess attribute point should be allocated to Vitality, as long as you can meet the Strength requirements of your items by the time you wish to equip them. Not only does this increase your Life total, but it also increases the chance for Health Potions to double the healing provided. On top of that, the more Life you have, the less chance you have to be put into Hit Recovery, helping your Character out even more!
How much Energy Does a Singer Barbarian Need?
Nothing — allocating stat points to Energy in a final build is universally considered sub-par for almost every character due to the widespread availability of Mana Potions. For the Singer Barbarian, it can help to add points to Energy while leveling that you can then remove with a respec later in the game.
- 20 Sep. 2021: Page added.
- Seasonal Legendaries and Uniques Will Come to Eternal Realms At the Same Time
- 40 Important Diablo 4 Glossary Terms Explained Quickly (Video)
- Official Diablo 4 Hardcore Level 100 Contest Updated to Exclude Those With Preview Codes
- Diablo 4 Launch Live Action Trailer
- Diablo 4 Launch Guide - Everything You Need to Know
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- World Boss Ashava Spawn Times on the Diablo 4 Server Slam
- Diablo 4 World Boss Ashava Solo Hardcore Kill at Level 20