Wind Druid Build for Diablo 2 Resurrected
The Wind Druid is a relatively strong and safe build that can clear out a large portion of the zones in Diablo 2 without much fear. He does not require a ton of gear, but getting a couple of key items can help accelerate his farming speed and keep him safe from harm.
The Elemental Skill Tree is the strongest of the three, offering both Fire Skills, strong for early game, and Wind Skills, stronger for mid and late game. With Cyclone armor to absorb Elemental Damage, Hurricane to slow nearby mobs, and strong Physical damage Tornado the Wind Druid is a stellar choice for a Druid build.
You can check the viability of this build in PvM by consulting our PvM Tier List.
Wind Druid Skill Build
The following section shows the core skills for the Wind Druid. For a detailed breakdown of all core and optional skills as well as the recommended order for allocating skill points, refer to the Skills page of this guide.
- 1 point to all prerequisites
- 20 points to Hurricane — main crowd control and cold damage dealer, required
- 20 points to Tornado — main damage dealer, required
- 20 points to Twister — prerequisite to Tornado, required
- 20 points to Cyclone Armor — great elemental absorb, required
- 1-20 points to Oak Sage — bonus to Life for you and party, required
Since the Wind Druid is not a starter character, we recommend using a generic Druid build until the appropriate level. For more information, refer to the Early Leveling section of this guide.
Wind Druid Stat Points and Attributes
|Enough for Gear||Enough for Gear||Everything Else||None|
You can read more details about the Stats and Attribute requirements for this build on our Skills page.
Wind Druid Gear
The following section shows some of the most important Items for the Wind Druid. For a detailed per-slot breakdown of all Wind Druid Items and alternative builds, refer to the Gear page of this guide.
- Weapon: Heart of the Oak, Suicide Branch
- Weapon Swap: Call to Arms and Spirit
- Shield: 35% Spirit Monarch Shield
- Body Armor: Enigma
- Helm: Helm: Druidic Pelt with Tornado skill bonus, or a Circlet with Elemental Skill bonus and Faster Cast Rate
- Gloves: Trang-Oul's Claws or Magefist
- Boots: Ethereal Sandstorm Treks or Waterwalk
- Belt: Arachnid Mesh
- Ring 1: Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band or Ring with +10% Faster Cast Rate if wanting to reach the 163% Faster Cast Rate Breakpoint
- Ring 2: Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band or Ring with +10% Faster Cast Rate if wanting to reach the 163% Faster Cast Rate Breakpoint
- Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope or crafted Amulet with Faster Cast Rate for the 163% Faster Cast Rate Breakpoint
- Charm 1: Druid Hellfire Torch
- Charm 2: Annihilus
- Charm 3: 9x Skiller Grand Charms with Life or Faster Hit Recovery to reach the 63% or 99% Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoint
- Charm 4: 10 Small Charms with Life, Resistances, Mana, or Faster Hit Recovery depending on needs
MrLlamaSC's Wind Druid Video Guide
We also have a video guide that goes over the build, if you prefer that instead of or in addition to our written guide.
Wind Druid Breakpoints
In Diablo 2, stats that affect action speed (known as frames) for attacking, casting, blocking, and recovering from a hit can almost never be taken literally. For example, gaining 10% Increased Attack Speed from an item will not necessarily translate into 10% faster attacks. To achieve faster actions, certain breakpoints must be reached, which vary for every class. The tables below list how much of a given stat is required to actually improve the action speed of the class for the stated action.
Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints
|Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||14||13||12||11||10||9||8||7||6||5||4||3||2|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame (Human, Two-Handed Weapon)||-||0%||5%||10%||16%||26%||39%||56%||86%||152%||377%||-||-|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame (Human, One-Handed Weapon)||0%||3%||7%||13%||19%||29%||42%||63%||99%||174%||456%||-||-|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame (Wolf)||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||0%||9%||20%||42%||86%||280%|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame (Bear)||-||0%||5%||10%||16%||24%||37%||54%||86%||152%||360%||-||-|
Faster Cast Rate Breakpoints
|Faster Cast Rate Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||18||17||16||15||14||13||12||11||10||9|
|Faster Cast Rate required to reach frame (Human)||0%||4%||10%||19%||30%||46%||68%||99%||163%||-|
|Faster Cast Rate required to reach frame (Wolf)||-||-||0%||6%||14%||26%||40%||60%||95%||157%|
|Faster Cast Rate required to reach frame (Bear)||-||-||0%||7%||15%||26%||40%||63%||99%||163%|
Faster Block Rate Breakpoints
|Faster Block Rate Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||12||11||10||9||8||7||6||5||4||3|
|Faster Block Rate required to reach frame (Human)||-||0%||6%||13%||20%||32%||52%||86%||174%||-|
|Faster Block Rate required to reach frame (Wolf)||-||-||-||0%||7%||15%||27%||48%||86%||200%|
|Faster Block Rate required to reach frame (Bear)||0%||5%||10%||16%||27%||40%||65%||109%||223%||-|
Wind Druid Mercenary
- Weapon: Ethereal Insight or The Reaper's Toll
- Body Armor: Ethereal Fortitude
- Helm: Ethereal Andariel's Visage socketed with a Ral Rune
Wind Druid Early Leveling
- 5 points to Firestorm
- 1 point to Molten Boulder at level 6
- 6 points to Firestorm at levels 6-11
- All remaining points to Fissure
- Respec around levels 35-40 into the Wind Druid
For more comprehensive leveling advice, please refer to our Druid Fastest Leveling Build.
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Blizzard on Recent Diablo 2 Server Outages
- Connection Issues Continue to Plague Diablo 2 Servers
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Patch 10.12 Notes, October 12th
- Diablo 2 Server Connection Issues: October 11th
- Diablo 4's New Game Director is Joe Shelly
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update: October 2021
- The First Uber Diablo in Diablo 2: Resurrected Killed, First Annihilus After 120+ SoJs Sold