Fire Druid Build for Diablo 2 Resurrected
The Fire Druid is known for being very strong in the early and mid game but running into a lot of Fire Immune monsters in Hell. That being said, he can be extremely strong in targeted farming of areas with few Fire Immune monsters and overall still has great damage output to beat the game.
The Elemental Skill Tree is the strongest of the three, offering both strong Wind and Fire Skills. With a large Area of Effect damage skill in Fissure and a close range burst damage from Firestorm, the Fire Druid can dominate in areas without Fire immunes. Unfortunately, many areas in Hell have a lot of Fire Immune monsters dropping this build from S tier to A or B tier.
You can check the viability of this build in PvM by consulting our PvM Tier List.
Fire Druid Skill Build
The following section shows the core skills for the Fire Druid. For a detailed breakdown of all core and optional skills as well as the recommended order for allocating skill points, refer to the Skills page of this guide.
- 1 point to all prerequisites
- 20 points to Fissure — Invest immediately. This is your main damage skill, required
- 20 points to Firestorm — Main Damage until Fissure. Fissure synergy, required
- 20 points to Volcano — Synergy for Fissure and decent single target damage against monsters like Baal who do not move much, required
- 20 points to Oak Sage — Big increase in Life, required
Fire Druid Stat Points and Attributes
|Enough for Gear||Enough for Gear||Everything Else||None|
You can read more details about the Stats and Attribute requirements for this build on our Skills page.
Fire Druid Gear
The following section shows some of the most important items for the Fire Druid. For a detailed per-slot breakdown of all Fire Druid items and alternative builds, refer to the Gear page of this guide.
- Weapon: Heart of the Oak
- Weapon Swap: Call to Arms and Spirit
- Shield: Phoenix
- Body Armor: Enigma
- Helm: Ravenlore
- Gloves: Trang-Oul's Claws or Magefist
- Boots: Eth Sandstorm Treks
- Belt: Arachnid Mesh
- Ring 1: The Stone of Jordan or Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band or Ring with +10% Faster Cast Rate with Life, Resistances, or Stats
- Ring 2: The Stone of Jordan or Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
- Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope
- Charm 1: Druid Hellfire Torch
- Charm 2: Annihilus
- Charm 3: 8x Skiller Grand Charms with Life or Faster Hit Recovery to reach the 86% Faster Hit Recovery breakpoint
- Charm 4: 10 Small Charms with Life, Resistances, Mana, or Faster Hit Recovery depending on needs
- Charm 5: 1x Fire Sunder Charm
MrLlamaSC's Fire Druid Video Guide
We also have a video guide that goes over the build, if you prefer that instead of or in addition to our written guide.
Fire Druid Breakpoints
In Diablo 2, stats that affect action speed (known as frames) for attacking, casting, blocking, and recovering from a hit can almost never be taken literally. For example, gaining 10% Increased Attack Speed from an item will not necessarily translate into 10% faster attacks. To achieve faster actions, certain breakpoints must be reached, which vary for every class. The tables below list how much of a given stat is required to actually improve the action speed of the class for the stated action.
Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints
|Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||14||13||12||11||10||9||8||7||6||5||4||3||2|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame (Human, Two-Handed Weapon)||-||0%||5%||10%||16%||26%||39%||56%||86%||152%||377%||-||-|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame (Human, One-Handed Weapon)||0%||3%||7%||13%||19%||29%||42%||63%||99%||174%||456%||-||-|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame (Wolf)||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||0%||9%||20%||42%||86%||280%|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame (Bear)||-||0%||5%||10%||16%||24%||37%||54%||86%||152%||360%||-||-|
Faster Cast Rate Breakpoints
|Faster Cast Rate Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||18||17||16||15||14||13||12||11||10||9|
|Faster Cast Rate required to reach frame (Human)||0%||4%||10%||19%||30%||46%||68%||99%||163%||-|
|Faster Cast Rate required to reach frame (Wolf)||-||-||0%||6%||14%||26%||40%||60%||95%||157%|
|Faster Cast Rate required to reach frame (Bear)||-||-||0%||7%||15%||26%||40%||63%||99%||163%|
Faster Block Rate Breakpoints
|Faster Block Rate Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||12||11||10||9||8||7||6||5||4||3|
|Faster Block Rate required to reach frame (Human)||-||0%||6%||13%||20%||32%||52%||86%||174%||-|
|Faster Block Rate required to reach frame (Wolf)||-||-||-||0%||7%||15%||27%||48%||86%||200%|
|Faster Block Rate required to reach frame (Bear)||0%||5%||10%||16%||27%||40%||65%||109%||223%||-|
Fire Druid Mercenary
You can either choose a Defensive ( Holy Freeze) or Offensive ( Might) Act 2 Nightmare Mercenary here depending on if you prefer a slower pace and safety, or want your Mercenary to have added Damage to help take care of Fire Immune enemies. I prefer Might Mercenary for this character. If running Phoenix I would not recommend Holy Freeze since it diminishes the viability of Redemption.
- Weapon: Ethereal Infinity
- Body Armor: Ethereal Fortitude
- Helm: Ethereal Andariel's Visage socketed with a Ral Rune
Fire Druid Early Leveling
- 5 points to Firestorm
- 1 point to Molten Boulder at level 6
- 6 points to Firestorm at levels 6-11
- All remaining points to Fissure
- Once Fissure is maxed, rest of the points into Firestorm and Volcano
For more comprehensive leveling advice, please refer to our Druid Fastest Leveling Build.
- 16 Feb. 2023 (this page): Updated for Patch 2.6.
- 30 Sep. 2021 (this page): Added video guide embed.
- 19 Sep. 2021 (gear page): Page added.
- 19 Sep. 2021 (skills page): Page added.
- 19 Sep. 2021 (this page): Build added.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- World Boss Ashava Spawn Times on the Diablo 4 Server Slam
- Diablo 4 World Boss Ashava Solo Hardcore Kill at Level 20
- Necromancer Skeletons Buffed in Diablo 4 Server Slam
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Diablo 4 Server Slam: Known Issues List
- Diablo 4 Post-Launch Updates: What to Expect?
- Get Diablo 4 with Select GeForce RTX 40 Series