Fury Druid Build for Diablo 2 Resurrected
The Fury druid is one of the strongest Melee builds in Diablo 2. With extremely fast Attack Speed and a solid Health pool, this character can take on even the hardest of bosses in the game. He is better at single target damage rather than fighting large crowds so make sure to be careful in areas like the Chaos Sanctuary where you can get surrounded and Decrepified.
The Fury Druid is the Druid's version of the Paladin's Zeal skill. With a large boost to Attack Rating and damage, plus the Increased Attack Speed and Life in Wolf form, this is an exciting build to play that can take advantage of a lot of weapons including Ribcracker for some insane damage. Like other classes, finding Cannot Be Frozen will be crucial to advance beyond Normal.
You can check the viability of this build in PvM by consulting our PvM Tier List.
Fury Druid Skill Build
The following section shows the core skills for the Fury Druid. For a detailed breakdown of all core and optional skills as well as the recommended order for allocating skill points, refer to the Skills page of this guide.
- 1 point to all prerequisites
- 20 points to Werewolf — Main Transformation, required
- 20 points to Lycanthropy — Increases Life and Duration of Werewolf, required
- 20 points to Fury — Main damage skill, required
- 1+ points to Feral Rage — Can be useful to have up for Life Steal, required
- 20 points to Oak Sage — Big increase to Life
Since the Fury Druid is not a starter character, we recommend using a generic Elemental Druid Build until the appropriate level. For more information, refer to the Early Leveling section of this guide. You could also Level using some of the other Wolf Skills is wanting to play Werewolf from the start.
Fury Druid Stat Points and Attributes
|Enough for Gear||Enough for Gear||Everything Else||None|
You can read more details about the Stats and Attribute requirements for this build on our Skills page.
Fury Druid Gear
The following section shows some of the most important Items for the Fury Druid. For a detailed per-slot breakdown of all Fury Druid Items and alternative builds, refer to the Gear page of this guide.
- Weapon: Grief Phase Blade
- Weapon Swap: Call to Arms and Spirit
- Shield: Stormshield
- Body Armor: Fortitude
- Helm: Jalal's Mane
- Gloves: Laying of Hands, Dracul's Grasp
- Boots: Gore Rider
- Belt: String of Ears
- Ring 1: Raven Frost
- Ring 2: Rare Ring with % Life and Mana Stolen per Hit, Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
- Amulet: Highlord's Wrath
- Charm 1: Druid Hellfire Torch
- Charm 2: Annihilus
- Charm 3: Max Damage/Attack Rating/Life Charms
- Charm 4: 10 Small Charms with Life, Resistances, Mana, or Faster Hit Recovery depending on needs
MrLlamaSC's Fury Druid Video Guide
We also have a video guide that goes over the build, if you prefer that instead of or in addition to our written guide.
Fury Druid Breakpoints
In Diablo 2, stats that affect action speed (known as frames) for attacking, casting, blocking, and recovering from a hit can almost never be taken literally. For example, gaining 10% Increased Attack Speed from an item will not necessarily translate into 10% faster attacks. To achieve faster actions, certain breakpoints must be reached, which vary for every class. The tables below list how much of a given stat is required to actually improve the action speed of the class for the stated action.
Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints
|Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||14||13||12||11||10||9||8||7||6||5||4||3||2|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame (Human, Two-Handed Weapon)||-||0%||5%||10%||16%||26%||39%||56%||86%||152%||377%||-||-|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame (Human, One-Handed Weapon)||0%||3%||7%||13%||19%||29%||42%||63%||99%||174%||456%||-||-|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame (Wolf)||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||0%||9%||20%||42%||86%||280%|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame (Bear)||-||0%||5%||10%||16%||24%||37%||54%||86%||152%||360%||-||-|
Faster Cast Rate Breakpoints
|Faster Cast Rate Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||18||17||16||15||14||13||12||11||10||9|
|Faster Cast Rate required to reach frame (Human)||0%||4%||10%||19%||30%||46%||68%||99%||163%||-|
|Faster Cast Rate required to reach frame (Wolf)||-||-||0%||6%||14%||26%||40%||60%||95%||157%|
|Faster Cast Rate required to reach frame (Bear)||-||-||0%||7%||15%||26%||40%||63%||99%||163%|
Faster Block Rate Breakpoints
|Faster Block Rate Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||12||11||10||9||8||7||6||5||4||3|
|Faster Block Rate required to reach frame (Human)||-||0%||6%||13%||20%||32%||52%||86%||174%||-|
|Faster Block Rate required to reach frame (Wolf)||-||-||-||0%||7%||15%||27%||48%||86%||200%|
|Faster Block Rate required to reach frame (Bear)||0%||5%||10%||16%||27%||40%||65%||109%||223%||-|
Fury Druid Mercenary
You can either choose a Defensive ( Holy Freeze) or Offensive ( Might) Act 2 Nightmare Mercenary depending on if you prefer a bit more safety or a bit more damage.
- Weapon: Ethereal The Reaper's Toll
- Body Armor: Etheral Fortitude
- Helm: Ethereal Andariel's Visage socketed with a Ral Rune
Fury Druid Early Leveling
This is a generic Elemental Druid progression to help get to Level 30 where you can Respec into Fury.
- 5 points to Firestorm
- 1 point to Molten Boulder at level 6
- 6 points to Firestorm at levels 6-11
- All remaining points to Fissure
- Respec at level 30+ into Fury
For more comprehensive leveling advice, please refer to our Druid Fastest Leveling Build.
- 30 Sep. 2021 (this page): Added video guide embed.
- 19 Sep. 2021 (gear page): Page added.
- 19 Sep. 2021 (skills page): Page added.
- 19 Sep. 2021 (this page): Build added.
- Seasonal Legendaries and Uniques Will Come to Eternal Realms At the Same Time
- 40 Important Diablo 4 Glossary Terms Explained Quickly (Video)
- Official Diablo 4 Hardcore Level 100 Contest Updated to Exclude Those With Preview Codes
- Diablo 4 Launch Live Action Trailer
- Diablo 4 Launch Guide - Everything You Need to Know
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- World Boss Ashava Spawn Times on the Diablo 4 Server Slam
- Diablo 4 World Boss Ashava Solo Hardcore Kill at Level 20