Smileton Quick Dungeon Tips and Guide
Welcome to our quick guide to Smileton, a capstone dungeon in Endwalker. This guide aims to be a quick primer for players entering the dungeon for the first time so they will know what to expect.
Full Guide for Smileton
This guide serves as a quick primer for players experiencing the dungeon for the first time. It is aimed to be digestible quickly and targeted towards a specific role, so you can read it while in queue or loading in! For detailed explanations on boss mechanics, take a look at our main guide for the dungeon.
General Mechanics of Smileton
- There will be red and blue faces at the east and west of the arena. They will do red or blue line AoEs with Lines of Fire.
- Getting hit by the same color of AoE twice in a row will stun you for a short duration and deal heavy damage.
- Get knocked back into the correct row or spread out to the correct row. Make sure you check the face, as Upside Down will swap them.
- Leap Forward will cause the Frameworker to jump and do an AoE in the direction indicated.
- Print Workers will copy Leap Forward. Avoid the AoEs.
- The Big Cheese
- The explosives spawned by Explosives Distribution will explode on the side. They will move close or far depending on the arrows - one arrow is close, three arrows is far.
- Dispense Explosives will create mines that players have to avoid while dodging explosives.
- Right Disassembler and Left Disassembler shoots a line AoE from the boss's right or left arm, so dodge on the side the mechanic indicates.
- You will have to avoid explosives and disassembler at the same time.
Quick Tips for Tanks
- Face's Heart on Fire IV, the Frameworker's Steel Beam, and The Big Cheese's Piercing Missile are the tank busters to watch out for.
- Drag the Frameworker to the safe spots from the worker's AoEs.
- Stun the Smiley Dynamite's Burst if it happens during a point-blank AoE.
- If your group is having trouble avoiding the mines, you use a cooldown and pop them to create a safe space.
Quick Tips for Healers
- Face's Temper's Flare, the Frameworker's Circular Saw, and The Big Cheese's Violent Discharge are the raidwides to watch out for.
Quick Tips for DPS
- Use AoE during trash pulls!
- Face has no positional indicators.
- There is a tiny safe spot on the area with the mine to dodge explosives during Explosives Distribution, meaning melee can stay in melee range.
- 10 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- FFXIV - Fan Festival 2024 in Tokyo: How to Watch It Live Online!
- FFXIV - Hairstyle Contest Winners Announced! See The Amazing Designs Here!
- FFXIV - Get The Collectors Edition For Half The Price!
- FFXIV - Cloud Data Center Stress Test
- FFXIV - Fan Festival: Third Round of Merchandise Available for Pre-Order
- FFXIV - Endwalker EP5: A Mini-Album of Epic Music
- FFXIV - Callback Campaign: Invite Your Friends and Get Rewards