Damien

Midrange Dragon Paladin Standard

18 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Midrange Dragon Paladin Standard deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does "unique decks outside the meta" mean?

is this a just for fun deck to use with your friends and not a good deck to use for ranked?

i just fought an awesome dragon paladin on my shaman, is there a way to make this a ranked play deck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Abelcain said:

What does "unique decks outside the meta" mean?

is this a just for fun deck to use with your friends and not a good deck to use for ranked?

i just fought an awesome dragon paladin on my shaman, is there a way to make this a ranked play deck?

Unique decks outside the meta are usually decks that are not a big threat and are inferior to most of other meta decks. You can use them to ladder, but it won't be as easy as it would be with midrange shaman or hybrid hunter.

Sure, dragon pally can be a ladder deck (and some may consider it as a ladder deck already), but since the deck is still new, it needs more refinement, which can only be done with a ton of experience with the deck. It's the same reason why dragon warrior wasn't played much when it first appeared, but it still gained an insane popularity later, when it got more refined. 
If the Unique Deck category was split into Fun-only and Ladder-viable, dragon paladin would be in the latter category.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On September 28, 2016 at 5:17 PM, positiv2 said:

Unique decks outside the meta are usually decks that are not a big threat and are inferior to most of other meta decks. You can use them to ladder, but it won't be as easy as it would be with midrange shaman or hybrid hunter.

Sure, dragon pally can be a ladder deck (and some may consider it as a ladder deck already), but since the deck is still new, it needs more refinement, which can only be done with a ton of experience with the deck. It's the same reason why dragon warrior wasn't played much when it first appeared, but it still gained an insane popularity later, when it got more refined. 
If the Unique Deck category was split into Fun-only and Ladder-viable, dragon paladin would be in the latter category.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AbelcainIt might be moved when we see the results of nerfs on meta. We will update our decks to reflect the nerfs first though, so it might take some time before the deck's efficiency is reevaluated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been having a lot of fun with this deck.  Played against Shaman and managed to do:

Turn #7 Dragon Consort into

Turn #8 Brann Bronzebeard + 3-mana Dragon Consort + 2-mana Book Wyrm into

Turn #9 Ysera (from an earlier Netherspite Historian)

It doesn't always play out so well, but that was fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, 

i am playing this deck right now and i got to say it is FUN. it is surprising, well balanced and it is showing great combinations and agility to counter other decks. I do learned a lot just by playing this deck. 

thank you very much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Guest Simon said:

Hi, 

i am playing this deck right now and i got to say it is FUN. it is surprising, well balanced and it is showing great combinations and agility to counter other decks. I do learned a lot just by playing this deck. 

thank you very much

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you are enjoying it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Bigtimedwarfer said:

Any chance of this being updated to reflect Kolento's midrange dragon deck? http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/kolentos-dragon-paladin-january-2017-season-34/

Would love some guidance on how best to pilot it, particularly with how/when to drop Sir Finley.

Sir Finley Mrrgglton looks like a card you can drop when you are sure what you're playing against. Against aggro you want priest or warrior hero power, and mage or druid (possibly even rogue) against midrange and tempo, and warlock or mage against control decks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2017 at 2:08 PM, Bigtimedwarfer said:

Any chance of this being updated to reflect Kolento's midrange dragon deck? http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/kolentos-dragon-paladin-january-2017-season-34/

Would love some guidance on how best to pilot it, particularly with how/when to drop Sir Finley.

There is already another guide for the deck :) - http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/grimy-goons-dragon-paladin-gadgetzan-standard-deck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mourenin said:

With which card I could replace Tirion Fordring? Thx

Tirion Fordring is an amazing card for this deck. Not only it gives you huge minion value in the form of a 6/6 with divine shield and taunt, but also gives you an amazing weapon - the Ashbringer. Since this deck is all about the value and stats, Tirion Fordring is a high priority craft. Until you craft him, you can use Ragnaros the Firelord or Ysera, though you'll have much lower end-game power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Tirion Fordring is an amazing card for this deck. Not only it gives you huge minion value in the form of a 6/6 with divine shield and taunt, but also gives you an amazing weapon - the Ashbringer. Since this deck is all about the value and stats, Tirion Fordring is a high priority craft. Until you craft him, you can use Ragnaros the Firelord or Ysera, though you'll have much lower end-game power.

Ok, thanks. I´ll craft him as soon as possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan

      Two more cards from Knights of the Frozen expansion were revealed and Blizzard communicated why there was just a single card reveal before that. The cards are Ice Breaker and Plague Scientist.
      Three card reveals were scheduled for today and the reveal for the second and third card was delayed and the reason is that those reveals were all with partners that couldn't make it happen today due to various reasons.
      Blizzard (Source)
      We originally had a few more card reveals for today, but the card reveals were all with partners and they unfortunately couldn't happen today due to a variety of issues. But good news! There will be two more card reveals tonight, so please look forward to them. There will also be more card reveals happening every day this week! The first card that was revealed is the Ticking Abomination and here are the next two:
      Shaman's Ice Breaker
      Ice Breaker will synergize well with Frost Shock and we'll have to see Freeze effects of other cards first to determine its usefulness and full potential. Ice Breaker will be good for minion removal combined with Glacial Shard. For now, the card looks better than Shatter.

      Picture is a courtesy of Hearthpwn
      Rogue's Plague Scientist
      Provides Rogues with much needed board clear (hard removal). Synergizes well with Tentacle of N'Zoth, Wild Pyromancer. On the other hand for Constructed, it competes with Vilespine Slayer and SI:7 Agent that both seem to be better choices.

      Picture is a courtesy of Hearthpwn
       
    • By Oxygen

      The first card since the initial annoucement for Knights of the Frozen Throne has been revealed by C4mlann earlier this morning.
      Let's take a look at the first KotFT card officially revealed by C4mlann.

       
      Blizzard kicks off the reveal with a card that seems unplayable in all currently popular decks, and subpar in arena. Although some players have suggested silence priest as a potential target, Ticking Abomination is actually detrimental to play without a form of silence in hand, unlike other popular silence targets. The caveat here is that since this is one the first card revealed, we don't actually know what's in store. Might there be a way to transfer Deathrattle effects to enemy minions? Will KotFT control decks play no minion before turn 5? One potential use for this one might lie in "forcing" your opponent to trigger your own Deathrattle effects with a high value card, but we'll have to wait and see. We might even see something that gives Deathrattle effects Lifesteal, the expansion's new mechanic, for some minion-based healing.
      For more information, please check out our guide to the new Hearthstone expansion.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Destruction Warlock PvP guide for Legion.
    • By Pain
      Hello guys i would like to share my weakauras for each healing class, hope you like it ;)
      Any feedback is appreciated
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      New to Weakauras ?
      You can download it here :
      https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/weakauras-2
      Copy - paste the code of which you can find down below  (Import string) On the wago.io webpage links you can find a copy string button on the right, colored red.
      Like this :  When ingame type /wa to open the control panel of weakaura. Select "import" A screen will pop-up and select the import button on it. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Update Log :
      11-02-17 : Improved Shaman Healing tool.
      25-02-17 : Improved Paladin Healing tool.
      17-06-17 : Alot of changes to the Shaman Healing tool and a few to the Druid Healing tool.
      26-06-17 : Massive update for Holy palading Healing tool !
      01-07-17 : Massive update for Holy Priest Healing tool !
      16-07-17 : Big improvement for the Druid Healing tool. 
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Shaman Druid Paladin Priest Monk ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Shaman 
      We will start of with the shaman :
      Resto Shaman - Healing Tool

       
      Import string :  https://wago.io/ByETuKaXb
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Resto Shaman - Small Healing Tool
      If you prefer a smaller setup, you might like this one. (But doesnt cover everything)

      Import string :  https://wago.io/Hk9yGEIVZ
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Resto Shaman - Cooldowns

      Import string : https://wago.io/VJm5cicKM
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Resto Shaman - Usable cooldowns

      Import string :  https://wago.io/EJcuns5Kz
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Druid 
      Druid - Healing Tool
       

      Import string :  https://wago.io/r13lsgKHW
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

      Druid - Cooldowns

      Import string : https://wago.io/NkXd5octG
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

      Paladin
      Paladin - Healing tool

       
      Import string : https://wago.io/BJBdRnRmb
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

      Paladin - Cooldowns

      Import string : https://wago.io/4k3EqiqtM
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
       
      Priest
      Holy Priest - Healing Tool

      Import string : https://wago.io/B1SrkgB4b
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Holy Priest - Cooldowns

      Import string :  https://wago.io/VkRaio5Yz
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Holy Priest - Trail of light Talent Tracker *Additional*

      Import string :  https://wago.io/EyclhaZuZ
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Disc Priest - Healing Tool

      Import string :  https://wago.io/NJm2ci9FG
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
       
      Monk
      Since i know little about monk healing, i do not feel like ill be the right person to try and make a weakaura
      for the monk, but i've got a link from someone else his. Since i still want to be some what helpfull to
      any healing class.
      https://wago.io/4yaTFmN6G
      *credits to Emarline*
       
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Inarius Skeletons Necromancer build guide.