FORUMS
Damien

No Trogg Midrange Shaman Standard

Guest MrJojo

So I doubt this will get approved but that's ok, I just want you moderators and who created this deck to see this.

I just tried this deck for the very first time, against a golden rogue that had an 8/8 edwin on the board by turn 2.  The attached images are the result after the match.

....needless to say I'm liking this deck.

Edit: Images removed by moderator, will allow the comment the stay. People were pretty salty, to say the least.

9 hours ago, Guest MrJojo said:

....needless to say I'm liking this deck.

Had to remove the images unfortunately, but I'll keep the comment. It's nice to see you're doing well with it! :D

Guest Jappie

Hi! I have a question: why do you play two rockbiterweapons and one lightning bolt instead of the other way around? After the nerf I do not see the advantage of rockbiterweapon over lightning bolt in a deck without doomhammer/Al’Akir.

19 hours ago, Guest Jappie said:

Hi! I have a question: why do you play two rockbiterweapons and one lightning bolt instead of the other way around? After the nerf I do not see the advantage of rockbiterweapon over lightning bolt in a deck without doomhammer/Al’Akir.

Not sure, to be honest. @positiv2, ideas?

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

Not sure, to be honest. @positiv2, ideas?

I have not played the deck yet after the nerf and I could not come up with a satisfying answer, which is why I decided not to answer. My guess is that since the deck does not run any cards that synergize with overload, you are paying two mana anyway for Lightning Bolt without advantage, and it can screw up your next turn. It's also possible that it was overlooked. 

I think there is no justification in leaving the Rockbiter Weapons. The key strength in playing Argent Squire was that you could dispatch opposing Totem Golems with ease. Mirror is on the decline, and Feral Spirit found its way back in, so I believe it is not reasonable not to play Tunnel Trogg. Killing X/2s with back up for free is cool, for sure, but it's nothing that Trogg can't handle himself.

Lightning Bolt, in its turn, is simply awesome. In its best shape since 1994.

1 hour ago, positiv2 said:

[...]you are paying two mana anyway for Lightning Bolt without advantage[...]

Here, 1+1 mana does not equal 2 mana. Shocking, I know. But it matters a lot.

Also Bolt benefits from Spell Damage and 4 is the magic number of Standard. There is a real advantage over Rockbiter.

21 minutes ago, Paracel said:

Here, 1+1 mana does not equal 2 mana. Shocking, I know. But it matters a lot.

Actually, if you get a bad hand, and you don't get any 2-drop, while your opponent drops one, it is better to play Rockbiter Weapon than Lightning Bolt, as it doesn't prevent a 3-drop from being played next turn. This is a scenario where 1+1 is more expensive than 2.

You can still advance your gameplan with Hero Power, pass.

What you use as an example is a valid, but rather corner case, which does not come up that often from my experience. I say it again - I still believe that even though it's not 100% always that, but Bolt is worth the trouble, while Rockbiter isn't.

Edited by Paracel