L0rinda

Caverns Below Nerf is Live: Several Other Important Changes

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

KOGLeVm.jpg

The Caverns Below has been nerfed. Several other changes have been made.

The expected nerf to The Caverns Below is now live. Alongside this change, however, was a surprise update to several cards, which added them into the Elemental tribe. There were also tweaks to Arena drop rates.

The Caverns Below nerf was discussed at length in a recent Blizzard Q+A session. In case you needed a reminder, the change is shown below. This change has been made so that Control decks could have more room to flourish. The Caverns Below can be dusted at full rate until July 24.

oVy4WEz.png

More surprisingly was the update to several cards, adding the Elemental tag to them. Those cards are Jade SpiritDjinni of ZephyrsFlame of AzzinothMana Geode, and Hallazeal the Ascended. Jade Spirit in particular is an interesting change, as it is a natural fit in Elemental Shaman decks already. 

Blizzard also had this to say about Arena:

Blizzard LogoBlizzard

Flamestrike, Abyssal Enforcer, and Vicious Fledgling will appear in drafts 50% less often.

Popular cards had small drop rate changes to address class balance concerns. (Note - These changes range from 1-5%. They are small enough that they are unlikely to be noticed during an individual draft, but should have enough cumulative impact to help improve class balance.)

We’re working to improve the Arena experience, and your feedback is always appreciated!

(source)

These changes will be hard to quantify, but we were informed during the Q+A session that the best cards from the best classes will appear less often, and the best cards from the worst classes will appear more often.

The full article on the patch can be found here.

• Like 1

Jade Spirit being an elemental now is definitely interesting. This will be instantly added & tried in jade rogue when I get home from work.

It's a very nice boost to jade/elemental shaman too.

You forgot the most important change though: You can now exit the game without crashing. Hopefully.

Edited by PaasHaaS

41 minutes ago, Bigtimedwarfer said:

Does this patch introduce the no duplicate legendaries change, or do we have to wait for the mid August patch?

That won't happen until Knights officially launches.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaasHaaS said:

Jade Spirit being an elemental now is definitely interesting. This will be instantly added & tried in jade rogue when I get home from work.

It's a very nice boost to jade/elemental shaman too.

You forgot the most important change though: You can now exit the game without crashing. Hopefully.

Jade Spirit is the only class elemental for rogues and druids now and that means Servant of Kalimos will pull it out quite often. It is interesting.

Well, the arena-changes are certainly a step in the right direction.

I did one whole arena-run so far and got one priest...and the rest where mages and paladins as usual (in 7 games). But at least I encountered not a single Flamestrike or Spikeridged Steed. Also I got a pretty bad Paladin-Deck myself, without any weapons and only one removal spell (as usual :P).

I hope we will see a bigger variety in the futur. For now people will probably stick to the more powerfull classes, before they try anything new. Maybe this will change, when the dust sattles...and maybe I should start picking warlock, warrior, priest and company more often, too :D

Edited by Taan

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zadina
      Two new 2-mana 2/2s (that's a lot of 2s) were revealed for Warlock and Priest respectively.
      The two EVIL cards were revealed on an Instagram story by @PlayHearthstone. Apart from the obvious similarities they share, they are completely different: their wording is inconsistent and one of them looks better than the other!

Destroy your own minion(s) to gain a bonus effect hasn't been that good for Zoolock, apart from Grim Rally which does buff the rest of your board. It also remains to be seen how good Lackeys are going to be and if Lackey support cards will be printed. The Genius is probably meant to target Lackeys on the board (they are expendable, after all) to produce other Lackeys.

I like this EVIL guy slightly better, since Priest has historically suffered when it comes to the 2-mana slot. However, I am not sure how good Lackeys are going to be in a class that has always thrived on Control. It still a bit unclear to what direction Priest is heading to in Rise of Shadows, since all 3 of its cards that have been revealed so far hearken to pretty standard mechanics/archetypes for Priest (Deathrattle, stealing, Forbidden).
      Card images are a courtesy of u/xcrouton.
    • By Zadina
      Rastakhan's Rumble didn't feature a Paladin Secret, but now we have a new one in Rise of Shadows!
      No Surrender was unveiled by CarryPotter on YouTube. The video is in Spanish and contains gameplay of the new card.

Image by u/czhihong
      A lot of people seem to think this card is really powerful, since it can compliment well an Aggro/Secret Paladin deck, it synergises with Bellringer Sentry and it keeps stuff like Secretkeeper alive. Personally, I am not too sold on it, since Aggro Paladin's cheap and small minions or your dudes will still die from most board clears even after the +2 health buff applies.
      What do you, guys and gals, think?
    • By Zadina
      The younger Windrunner sister joins Hearthstone and she's obviously a Legendary Hunter minion!
      The card was revealed by RegisKillbin on Twitch. He had to solve an intricate puzzle box by Blizzard to get the card.

And here is the legendary bow, Thori'dal:

That's a pretty unusual effect for Hunter to get. It definitely requires more support, the stats are mediocre and it is incredibly slow. The class doesn't exactly lack the face damage spells and Spell Hunter is a thing obviously, but it was never really about the damaging spells but more about the Secrets and creating minions via spells. Hunter also lacks a decent board clear. Things have considerably slowed down for Hunter in the past expansions and judging by the other Hunter card, Unleash the Beast, revealed earlier today, they might slow down even more. So, who knows? Maybe Vereesa will actually be good at some point.
    • By Zadina
      Two new cards from Rise of Shadows were revealed earlier today!
      Unleash the Beast was revealed by Chinese streamer Mr. Wuco on Twitch.

The Wyvern is a Beast. This makes for an excellent Arena card, while it also works well with Zul'jin.
      Keeper Stalladris was revealed by Eurogamer. The article also contains gameplay of the card.

According to the Eurogamer article, to support Stalladris' release, Blizzard has also gone back and added new art to older Choose One cards, as both choices sometimes used the same design. The card is comparable to Fandral Staghelm and it can go well into Token and Hand Druid. In Wild, things may get a bit out of hand with Jade Idol.
    • By Zadina
      The community card reveals begin with a Paladin card with Twinspell.
      Lightforged Blessing was revealed in a video with a catchy song by Japanese site Dekki.

Every recent expansion has a card printed for Heal Paladin and Rise of Shadows is no exception. While it may not seem exciting at first glance, Lightforged Blessing can work really well with Wild Pyromancer and Immortal Prelate. Obviously this card isn't made to be used early, since Heal and Control Paladin don't really have early board presence, and one copy of it should be enough, since it has Twinspell. The other issue is that no matter how much support Heal Paladin keeps getting and even though its concept is well made, it never really took off as an archetype.