Aleco

Receive Two Free KFT Packs and an Arena Ticket for Logging in to Hearthstone on Halloween

Sign in to follow this  

21 posts in this topic

5EpW9mt.jpg

Don't forget to log in to Hearthstone today! You'll receive two free KFT packs and a free Arena run for your troubles.

Blizzard is giving away two free Knights of the Frozen Throne packs and one free Arena run as a reward for logging in to Hearthstone on Halloween. Don't miss out on this golden opportunity to play the Hallow's End dual-class Arena for free, as this special Arena is already regarded as one of the best holiday events in the history of Hearthstone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there is no reason to complain. When I look at a lot of tavern brawls they made I could cry how bad they are made but this is a funny thing and not forever just for halloween. I think a lot of players who had nice cross class combos in normal games (through discovery) will enjoy this.

And no one's forcing you to play it. Just make a deck, retire and get a free pack and some dust or gold :)

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Caldyrvan said:

I think there is no reason to complain.

Yes there is.

Quote

When I look at a lot of tavern brawls they made I could cry how bad they are made

So could I, but that's entirely beside the point. Tavern Brawl has always been the "let's try dumb stuff out" portion of HS.

Quote

this is a funny thing

No, it really, really, really is not. This is "Randomonium" levels of pathetic.

Quote

and not forever just for halloween.

And (censored) thanks (censored) God! What Arena needs is balance, not this absolute crapfest.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got myself a 4-legendary draft as Rogue/Mage. That was kinda cool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, got Arfus and Valeera the Hollow, thanks Blizzard.

But yeah, double class Arena was fun at first, but I felt it got old real quick, I like the idea of changing the rules of Arena once in a while, but not like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new arena is just awful. Can't wait to see the regular arena return. There are so many ways to make arena interesting, but they went for Encounter-at-the-Crossroads-for-the-eighth-time level of fun. Disappointing at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one have been really enjoying the dual-class Arena! Though it does make things a bit more random and harder to predict, an alternative way to look at it is that the skill cap in the dual-class Arena is even higher than normal. The top Arena pros have been stringing together more 12 win runs than ever during this event, and I believe that is due to the fact that there are more difficult decisions to them to make, which creates even more opportunities for their higher skill to shine through the randomness than normal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aleco said:

The top Arena pros have been stringing together more 12 win runs than ever during this event, and I believe that is due to the fact that there are more difficult decisions to them to make, which creates even more opportunities for their higher skill to shine through the randomness than normal. 

More because they're playing more, or higher percentage of 12-wins than normal? In theory, the top players should be averaging higher than usual, given that the overall standard should be lower than usual (everyone getting free entries).

Personally quite enjoyed it as a novelty, and like that they did it. At the same time, not really enjoying arena in general these days. KFT really messed up arena balance imo. Agree with Kripp, Death Knights should never have been in arena. They're fun when you get them, but no fun to play against and just make many games one-sided or completely determined on how deep down one card is in its deck. Feels like fewer and fewer games come down to the skill of either player to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bozonik said:

Agree with Kripp, Death Knights should never have been in arena. 

Totally agree with you there! Whereas legendary minions can typically be answered by a well constructed Arena deck, Death Knights offer so much value over a long game that they're just too difficult to overcome without ridiculous card quality.

2 hours ago, Bozonik said:

More because they're playing more, or higher percentage of 12-wins than normal? In theory, the top players should be averaging higher than usual, given that the overall standard should be lower than usual (everyone getting free entries).

It appears to me that they're getting many more 12 win runs than they would outside of the event. Though the free entry players are certainly a factor in the first few matches I'd guess that they'd be mostly gone by the time you reach the 9 to 11 win mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that Arena's main issues are common\rare\epic\legendary system and huge luck factor in drafting

I would prefer 3 crads being offered on some different criteria and in a way that gives decks of roughly equal power.

Something like giving sets of 3 cards with similar global winrate in arena would be much more preferable for me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, free 2 packs and an arena-run :)

My packs gave me 2 x rare, 8 x common (I don't have any luck with the last 40 packs or something like that).

Unfortunatly my arena-run totally sucked (1:3...)

My deck didn't seem that bad (not great, I got one legendary card. And the best avaiable legendary was Nat Pagle, no shit!) but well, I just sucked *g*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Aleco said:It appears to me that they're getting many more 12 win runs than they would outside of the event. Though the free entry players are certainly a factor in the first few matches I'd guess that they'd be mostly gone by the time you reach the 9 to 11 win mark.

Sure, but it filters through since the typical 9-win opponent during the event will be more like the typical 7/8-win opponent outside of the event as they've also faced easier opponents along the way.

And a new meta, even if temporary, should provide opportunities for those quickest to figure it out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2017 at 5:56 AM, Strongpoint said:

I believe that Arena's main issues are common\rare\epic\legendary system and huge luck factor in drafting

I would prefer 3 crads being offered on some different criteria and in a way that gives decks of roughly equal power.

Something like giving sets of 3 cards with similar global winrate in arena would be much more preferable for me.

Thing is, how do you judge that level of power? Would giving Flamestrike to a Mage be the same as giving a Rogue Fan of Knives? Explosive Trap and Blizzard? Fireball and Eviscerate? I think it's incredibly difficult to do it by any criteria other than rarity, simply because of how different the actual classes are. 

Blade Flurry can be better than Flamestrike with a good weapon, so is it rated higher or lower? The same? How do the weapons rank? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blainie said:

Thing is, how do you judge that level of power? Would giving Flamestrike to a Mage be the same as giving a Rogue Fan of Knives? Explosive Trap and Blizzard? Fireball and Eviscerate? I think it's incredibly difficult to do it by any criteria other than rarity, simply because of how different the actual classes are.

I would use Blizzard's internal statistics aka winrate of the card in arena for the past few weeks dynamically changing. First few weeks of new expansion will have all new cards at 50%, creating a special meta happening three times per year.

It is objective data. It creates decisions in draft. It gives good players an edge by letting them to draft hard to play cards that have lower than they deserve global winrate. It balances classes, if class has a ton of high quality class cards it will get fewer of them. If class has shitty class cards it will get more bonemares to compensate. It makes all decks closer to each other in power. It is far from ideal, but it is far better than what we have today.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is as well that there are pretty strong and pretty bad legends/epics. I understand blizz creates the shitty high rarity cards so ppl have lower chance to get the good ones and hopefully throw more money at them.

But for arena it makes no sense. They should just remove those obviously bad cards ;)

Edited by Caldyrvan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2017 at 4:11 PM, Strongpoint said:

I would use Blizzard's internal statistics aka winrate of the card in arena for the past few weeks dynamically changing. First few weeks of new expansion will have all new cards at 50%, creating a special meta happening three times per year.

Interesting way of doing it - I don't think this would work for legendaries at all though. You can draft a 3 legendary deck and never draw them while going 0-3. You can win with Patches and no pirates and go 10-3. I think they should be independent of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07.11.2017 at 4:31 AM, Caldyrvan said:

The problem is as well that there are pretty strong and pretty bad legends/epics. I understand blizz creates the shitty high rarity cards so ppl have lower chance to get the good ones and hopefully throw more money at them.

But for arena it makes no sense. They should just remove those obviously bad cards ;)

I hate the whole idea of removing cards from arena. Arena is the place I want to play cards that I'd never put in a constructed deck. And I want it doing because I made such choice not because I got unlucky.

It can be fun to choose between Backstreet Leper Shieldbearer and Grimscale Oracle

But only if you know that you get fair decks and your opponents have similar choices. It is far more interesting choice than "choosing" between UI and two shitty epics.

 

3 hours ago, Blainie said:

Interesting way of doing it - I don't think this would work for legendaries at all though. You can draft a 3 legendary deck and never draw them while going 0-3. You can win with Patches and no pirates and go 10-3. I think they should be independent of it.

Never draw them going 0-3 will even out in global statistics. Maybe winrate of when drawn can be better than winrate when in the deck (but cards that still in your deck do influence your play, so it doesn't seem right)

Also, why legendaries should be special? Why not good spells or something like Bonemare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strongpoint said:

Also, why legendaries should be special? Why not good spells or something like Bonemare

Because legendaries are normally not as straight forward as something like Bonemare. Bonemare is a straight 4/4 buff with a 5/5 body on board. You know exactly what it does and it normally has a straight forward impact on the game.

Think about how many legendaries have completely unpredictable outcomes. Whether it's RNG targeting, random effects that you can't control, effects that rely on time of triggering etc. They have so much more potential to be either amazing or awful because of it, so are so much harder to quantify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blainie said:

Think about how many legendaries have completely unpredictable outcomes. Whether it's RNG targeting, random effects that you can't control, effects that rely on time of triggering etc. They have so much more potential to be either amazing or awful because of it, so are so much harder to quantify.

Servant of Yogg-Saron is a rare and it has huge variance attached. Should it be treated differently, too?

We are discussing thing that will never happen, but if, in this hypothetical system, late in draft,  you choose between three cards with low winrate it is obvious that some cards will be strong for you because of synergies (N'Zoth, the Corruptor with zero deathrattles and ten deathrattles is very different in power. or just type of deck (Sinister Strike in some crazy aggresive rogue deck may be a fine card). Decks won't have same power level

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Strongpoint said:

Servant of Yogg-Saron is a rare and it has huge variance attached. Should it be treated differently, too?

We are discussing thing that will never happen, but if, in this hypothetical system, late in draft,  you choose between three cards with low winrate it is obvious that some cards will be strong for you because of synergies (N'Zoth, the Corruptor with zero deathrattles and ten deathrattles is very different in power. or just type of deck (Sinister Strike in some crazy aggresive rogue deck may be a fine card). Decks won't have same power level

But then compare Servant to the real Yogg, there's definitely a huge difference in the amount of RNG. N'Zoth is a far better example of varying usefulness though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Zadina

      For the first time, we know exactly where and when the card reveals for the upcoming expansion will happen.
      The reveal season will start off with the livestream on November 20. Then, it's time for the fan sites and streamers to take over.
      The schedule for the reveals during November 21 to November 26 has been unveiled and you can check it out below. We will have a fast pace of 3 to 4 reveals per day!
      Blizzard Entertainment
      We’ve teamed up with the Hearthstone community to bring you a treasure trove of card reveals!
      Tricky traps and dangerous dungeon dwellers lurk behind every twist and turn of Hearthstone’s upcoming expansion. We’ve gathered a party of Hearthstone community members to bring to light all the lavish loot and malicious minions they’ve discovered while venturing deep into the catacombs.
      Check out the days and times below, and click the images to portal directly over to their channels. 
      Week of November 20 The schedule for Week 2 will be posted on Friday November 24 PST!
      (source)
      We will be following closely these card reveals. You should look out for them on our news forum and on our Kobolds & Catacombs hub.
    • By Zadina

      It looks like that, contrary to previous expansions, the Kobolds and Catacombs card reveals will start with a card reveal stream.
      We are used to getting card reveals streams in the end of the revealing period, but now we get one in the beginning (and presumably another one in the end?).
      As it was already known, the card reveals will restart on November 20. The stream, hosted by Game Designer Peter Whalen and Brian Kibler, will begin at 11 a.m. PST or 8:00 p.m. CET of that day. It will be broadcast on the PlayHearthstone Twitch channel and it will be available in several languages.
      Hopefully we'll get a good amount of cards shown; we'd expect to see around 15 cards. As always, Icy Veins will be here to cover this. Don't forget to keep an eye at our Kobolds & Catacombs hub!
    • By Zadina

      We finally have a new brawl this week and it rewards a Kobolds & Catacombs pack.
      In this Tavern Brawl, you just pick a class and you get a random deck.
      Both players get a quest. This quest requires that 7 minions are played by any player. When the quest is completed a Treasure Chest, similar to the one spawned by Marin the Fox, will appear on both sides of the board and the quest counter will be reset.
      If you are the one to play the 7th minion, then an easier-to-break 0/4 Treasure Chest (which can be healed) will appear on your opponent's side. In contrast, a normal 0/8 Treasure Chest will appear on your side of the board and vice versa.
      Be aware that even though the quest states that minions need to be summoned, they actually need to be played. This means that cards like Stand Against Darkness or the minions summoned from cards like Barnes or Murloc Tidehunter do not add to the quest counter.
      This Tavern Brawl combines skill and luck. You have to make critical decisions in choosing whether to push face damage or break the chest and hope for the best. On the other hand, a good Treasure Chest highroll can completely change the game.
      Upon victory in this brawl, you will be awarded with a Kobolds & Catacombs card pack which can be opened when the new expansion releases.
    • By Zadina

      The October 2017 lists were a bit late this time, since the Dual Class Arena rankings had to be accounted for.
      We'll start with the top 20 in Standard and Wild. You can find the entire leaderboard here for the Americas and over here for Europe.
      Standard
      Americas   Europe   1. AlwaysLucky 1. Seiko 2. fertygo 2. hunterace 3. hunterace 3. Kyouma 4. DavidSWu 4. Franky3fois 5. naxoloo 5. Meati 6. Satellite 6. Django 7. Monsanto 7. Ogiez 8. ETC 8. Mandalf 9. Cantelope 9. Atouba 10. Chakki 10. Maur1 11. Artefy 11. Zhym 12. PogChampion 12. onepunch 13. pomolive 13. PRTHNCA 14. faNatic 14. Feike 15. zlsjs 15. Saci 16.
      Rase 16. Jarla 17. Arawn 17. Florindo 18. KingOfType89 18. Twink 19. rask 19. NickChipper 20. aqua 20. Orange Wild
      Americas   Europe   1. Hazer 1. Xaos 2. awedragon 2. sipiwi94 3. JTZ 3. Jorj 4. Wargizmo 4. Norwis 5. Ben 5. Liooo45 6. Bananaramic 6. FlamingSword 7. AZSwim 7. Бурзум 8. TitanX 8. HammerSmith 9. Ice 9. Kohai 10. Jonahrah 10. Lubyllule 11. Elf 11. Doux 12. Hurryupidiot 12. Thorclack 13. WildWolf 13. nikitos569 14. XCrouton 14. Hijodaikan 15. blueblurr 15. Cyan 16.
      drTama 16. Fenomeno 17. sipiwi94 17. myr 18. jin 18. Specialist 19. waxwingslain 19. DonSikaleone 20. Roffle 20. Spingy Arena
      During October, the Dual Class Arena event took place, which lasted two weeks. The rankings below represent the top 20 players in the Americas and in Europe during this event, as well as their average number of wins.
      Americas     Europe     1. Zevron 9.20 1. ШтанУдачи 9.67 2. headshot 9.13 2. not2fast 9.60 3. Rakisuta 9.07 3. Conqueror 9.53 4. KellenAbel 9.00 4. Ventox 9.53 5. Hambo 8.93 5. guDDummit 9.47 6. Cheerous 8.87 6. Razu 9.47 7. Middle 8.87 7. Braid 9.20 8. jedddddd 8.73 8. HUMANATEE 9.13 9. Touchit 8.60 9. 那誰 9.07 10. Deception5 8.60 10. oroff 9.07 11. Cicci 8.53 11. Wijkert 9.07 12. Gebuttersnap 8.53 12. Vezhlivij 9.07 13. Turn1Delver 8.47 13. Dchuck 9.07 14. Dentalcannon 8.47 14. JibJab 9.00 15. Moon 8.47 15. Amandriada 8.93 16. Badonkadonk 8.40 16. HugoBOSS 8.87 17. haoqi 8.40 17. Dexter 8.87 18. dk2 8.40 18. ExoticBm 8.80 19. enslen 8.40 19. fosatheone 8.80 20. Crumpled 8.40 20. Duup 8.80
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Dream Cards guide