Aleco

Kobolds & Catacombs Set Review

Sign in to follow this  

9 posts in this topic

expansion-kobolds-and-catacombs.jpg

Need to get up to speed on the most important cards from Kobolds & Catacombs? Watch our five quick and easy "Top Five" videos, ten check out our detailed written reviews for the low-down on every card in the upcoming set.

Written Set Reviews

Top 5 Kobolds & Catacombs Cards

Top 5 Most Overrated Cards

Top 5 Most Underrated Cards

Top 5 "Dust Factories"

Top 5 Best Designed Cards

• Like 1

... I just realised there are no legendary I'm looking up to craft once I'm done with packs.

There are some epics, but no one legendary I really want. Aluneth gets close, but that's about it. 

That's... unexpected, up until now I always would craft at least one on day 1. Feels weird man. 

37 minutes ago, Kuster said:

... I just realised there are no legendary I'm looking up to craft once I'm done with packs.

There are some epics, but no one legendary I really want. Aluneth gets close, but that's about it. 

That's... unexpected, up until now I always would craft at least one on day 1. Feels weird man. 

I for one will be crafting Grumble, Worldshaker as soon as humanly possible! Elemental Shaman is the best.

• Like 1

Great vid and cool you found time to make so many of them :D

I would add Healing Rain as #6 of the underrated cards, I'm still optimistic about this card :)

6 hours ago, Kuster said:

I am with Aleco, I want Grumle ASAP, but otherwise you are right feels bad, I made an average per card overview of the ratings Aleco provided in the general discussion forum of hearthstone here and the numbers are really disappointing.

Edited by Caldyrvan

8 hours ago, Kuster said:

Isn't that a good thing though? I want to craft the rogue legendaries but that's it. I think it's nice that I don't feel like I have to craft a bunch of legendaries.

5 minutes ago, Liistrad said:

Isn't that a good thing though? I want to craft the rogue legendaries but that's it. I think it's nice that I don't feel like I have to craft a bunch of legendaries.

Yes, I was thinking about that. That's why I said it felt weird and not bad. xD

But like... it's kind of a turn off, you know? For example in KotFT the lichking was a card everyone wanted to play with ASAP, and with so many really cool death knights you were bound to want to play at least one of them. And in previous expansions, same thing, always at least one legendary you're dying to craft. 

It was me saying "bad" and I was referring to the quality of the cards (all not only the legends). Meaning a lot of bad cards you will see when opening card packs.

But if we can pick up some useful common and rare cards and have to worry less about getting our hands on many epics/legends, that's indeed weird but maybe not bad :)

Edited by Caldyrvan

Potion of Heroism is not underrated, ask any paladin player, he/she will tell you that, it will be included at least in 1 copy in control paladin lists. I don't know how important hearthpwn poll for you, or how viable is that; but the card has a solid 58% at very good. This is actually more than Dragon's Fury, which is at a little lower than 50%. I think people rate Potion of Heroism better than Dragon's Fury. So, Fury can't be overrated while Potion is underrated.

Do you think Runespear is better than Rhok'delar? I mean, both suck pretty badly. I also think Skull of Man'ari and Woecleaver will not see any play either, but those two mentioned are by far the worst. I think Runespear could easily take place of Lynessa in that list. I didn't like Lynessa so much tbh, but in a deck with 2 copies of Spikeridged Steed and Potion of Heroism, she is potentially a 5/13 taunt with divine shield (I don't know if she will also draw a card), which will bring two more taunts at 2/6. If your opponent doesn't have a silence, she will carry you until the end of the game. I think card's upper limit is too powerful to rate her as a 'dust factory'

Edited by FanOfValeera

Don't forget, the ratings are just a personal impression not an absolute :)

Oh and a lot of cards have a potential powerful upper limit but never see play for good reasons. 

Edited by Caldyrvan