FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Paladin Dungeon Run

Guest JaybeeBrad

Of course a Silver Hand deck becomes useless if your last boss is Azari, the Devourer, as the second he plays a Despicable Dreadlord (deal one damage to all enemies at the end of your turn) he wipes 100% of your board, ever time, and you never get the opportunity to catch up and destroy that card.

Guest levantou

Or Kraxx, who's not even the last boss. ~_~ I can't get paladin. I'm at over 100 bosses. Any other suggested strategies?

Guest Grelgunk

I've done the dungeon with Paladin two times, and finished it both times! I think first time though I went heavy on dragons, but I don't remember. Just now I got Val'anyr early in a weapons card bucket, then got offered the Totem of the Dead passive. I was dropping 1-cost 30+/20+ minions. The worst part about the run was how long the deathrattle animations took to resolve after the Deathrattles started stacking up. I played a 78/38 2-cost minion against Xol the Unscathed. Super easy mode.

I've found that the "The Floor is Lava" hero power in the Lava-filled Chamber DOES NOT affect your hero power summoned Silver Hand Recruits. Found this out too late and I even had the Captured Flag.

On 1/26/2018 at 4:59 PM, Guest levantou said:

Or Kraxx, who's not even the last boss. ~_~ I can't get paladin. I'm at over 100 bosses. Any other suggested strategies?

I didn't have to face Kraxx, but I just finished a run with a focus on Murlocs w/ Cloak of Invisibility. I recommend giving that a shot. Murlocs typically have more than 1 hp, so they can survive longer than Silver Hand Recruits. You'll still have an aggressive deck without being wiped by a 1-damage board clear.

My final boss was The Darkness. Cloak of Invisibility is the best treasure you can have against it. The only spells that will still have any effect are Psychic Scream and Twisting Nether. Just don't overextend and you'll be fine. The Cloak is very good to have against other bosses as well. Sure it makes taunt useless, but you shouldn't be picking any taunt buckets anyway if you go this route.

loGCys7.png

Passive treasures: Small Backpacks and Cloak of Invisibility

Treasure cards: Vorpal Dagger and Shifting Hourglass

Card buckets: Murlocs x3; Healing x2; Justice x1; Silver Hand x1

I'd like to say a few words about the awesomeness that is Vorpal Dagger. Not once have I regretted choosing this treasure. The greatest advantage is the ability to keep the enemy board clear by using your hero instead of your minions. You are able to close out a match much quicker when you have a strong board that can go face when not hindered by enemy minions. You've got four charges on the dagger to remove any taunts or other minions that the boss might run into yours. Against that OP jerk Blackseed, it is a godsend. You're able to eliminate targets for his hero power to evolve. I vote for this treasure to be promoted from Average to Good.

As for the card buckets, obviously you want to build your murloc army by choosing it (nearly) whenever possible. I found a few exceptions...

I chose two Healing buckets to get Ragnaros, Lightlord x3. If you're playing with Cloak of Invisibility, this guy will make you feel like Superman. Your other minions should not be taking any damage while cloaked (aside from bosses with AoE), so all the healing should go to your hero.

I picked up one Justice bucket for Aldor PeacekeeperKeeper of Uldaman, and Eadric the Pure. This isn't entirely necessary, but I wanted an insurance package to sort of cushion the blow if I had multiple big minions bearing down on me. Eadric was great during the fight against The Darkness. He delayed having to use Luminous Candle by turning the Darkspawn into wimpy 1-attack minions.

If you see a Justice bucket that includes Equality, I recommend grabbing it. It is great for bosses like Blackseed and Overseer Mogark. Against Blackseed, makes it easy to clear his board. Against Mogark, you take away his hero power. Speaking of the Mogark fights, Hydrologist was MVP. I managed to discover Repentance three times, which acted as a localized Equality.

The Silver Hand bucket was totally useless during the run. I had picked it up early before committing to Murlocs.

I found the easiest way to complete this through a buff/token style of deck.

- Always pick the "Many Blessings" card bucket. You will get many Lynessa Sunsorrows and the Last Kaleidosaur quest

- Try to get "Justicar's Ring" as your passive treasure. It will give you cheap buff targets.

Edited by Loreman

Guest Revolutionary

No posts in a while.  I did a paladin dungeon run just for the fun of it and I’ve never had a an easier time.  Justicar’s Ring, Armguards, and I picked up multiple of the Many Blessings bucket.  I used lots of Adaptation, Blessing of Might, and the give a minion divine shield and draw a card.  I ended up getting QuelDelar for the first time as the other treasure but didn’t need it.