FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aleco

Trump's Card Reveal: Academic Espionage

38577-star-aligner-card-reveal.jpg

Burgle Rogues get a new toy in this Epic spell, which shuffles cards from your opponent's class into your deck.

Popular Hearthstone streamer TrumpSC has revealed a new Epic card for Rogue from The Boomsday Project:

636682284046435368.png

Woah. We haven't seen many cards like this one, though I suppose you could argue that Deck of Wonders is spiritually similar. However, the Burgle mechanic is especially potent in Rogue, where cards such as Tess Greymane can be used to gain extra value from cards which belong to your opponent's class. This card dilutes your deck in a very significant way and could potentially fill it up with nonsense such as Ice Fishing or Reckless Flurry, but it could also be an excellent anti-fatigue tool for Mill Rogue decks (if that ever becomes a thing again in Standard). I'm not fully sold on Academic Espionage, but if there are a sufficient number of support cards for it then I could see it as an excellent enabler for Burgle decks.

Where do you come down on Academic Espionage? It's exciting, but is it playable? Let us know in the comments and be sure to check out our Boomsday Hub for more spoilers!

Ok hold the phone.

edit: Nevermind read it wrong.     Ehh?    Too random is my next thought.

Edited by Migol

This fits well with the Rogues legendary spell. Draw your entire deck when you're low on cards or have almost all your combo pieces ready, then play this to ensure you still have cards in your deck.

• Like 1

Meh... Too random... Existing Rogue decks take advantage of the efficiency of their class cards, they neither need nor want clutter in their hand or draw. The only "burgle"-type card seeing much play those days is Blink Fox, and that's because a 3/3 for 3 is workable even when given a completely useless card.

Now, sure, you'l get some Trolden-tastic Preparation + this turn 1 and (insert random huge 8+-drop here) turn 2, but that won't be consistent enough to see this played much in standard. Maybe as an ace-up-the-sleeve in a Wild Mill deck. Might also be workable in arena. 

I.  Actually think this might have potential.  Rogues have enough card draw, generally, that you can get some insane value from this, and it can out right win you a lot of games by itself.  On top of that, this makes everyone's favorite Waifu really strong if you get any number of minions off of it.  There are a lot of problems with it, obviously, but the effect is powerful.  Very powerful.  Also has insane synergy with the rogues legendary spell.  There is science to be done with this card.

I agree, I see some insane value here.

Sure, you need to combine it with lot's of carddraw like with Coldlight Oracle

Bounce the oracle, get tons of cards and be able to play lots of them for 1 mana? Great.

In wild we will see this card, because there are more possibilities for card draw.