Zadina

Smolderthorn Lancer Reveal: Rastakhan's Rumble

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

sOhTnvt.jpg

The community card reveals start with an Epic Warrior minion with Dragon synergy.

The live stream with Peter Whalen and RegisKillbin kicked off the reveal season (the schedule can be found here). Now, we have our first Rastakhan's Rumble community reveal by Spanish streamer Snoodyboo:

1f864f3a730f19ec114e929ee5a2c061.png

Smolderthorn Lancer is both overcosted and it has two conditions (Dragon in hand and damaged enemy minion). It certainly gives a clue as to the direction Warrior is heading into Rastakhan's Rumble, as Team 5 might be trying to revive Dragon Warrior (which again was just a less powerful type of the good ol' Wallet/Control Warrior). On the bright side, Odd decks now have an Execute and perhaps we might see Odd Dragon Warrior.

Does this card have too difficult to be met conditions or is it the new Duskbreaker? Let me know what you think in the comments below!

A potentially interesting card, provided there's some odd dragons to use with it that's good for Warrior. Will have to wait and see, but I'm interested.

• Like 1

just waiting to see some interesting but very conditional, under- or weirdly stated warrior cards, while druid gets more broken combo enablers, standalone powerful minions and high flexible cards...

15 minutes ago, Zadina said:

which again was just a less powerful type of the good ol' Wallet/Control Warrior

If I remember correctly, at the times of BrM, it was actually a pretty good tempo oriented midrange deck, with a fantastic mid-game (well, it isn't called midrange for no reason). You sure?

Potentially good odd-costed dragons for odd warrior, almost all high cost neutral dragons fit there. AlexstraszaYsera and Onyxia saw play in warrior before.  What I don't like about this is, you can't go all dragon, because the deck has a good shell, but you can't also add just one or two dragons and hope the new epic works. It might see play in one copy, but it will be very questionable.

Seems obscene in a temporary dragon shell.  I don't think one currently exists in standard (and probably won't with just 1 X-Pac), but man if it does, this will be a huge pay off for it.  A 1 Mana 3/2 that draws you an execute?  It is broken strong imo.  

5 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

If I remember correctly, at the times of BrM, it was actually a pretty good tempo oriented midrange deck, with a fantastic mid-game (well, it isn't called midrange for no reason). You sure?

I remember a variant closer to what Big Warrior would be today with all the Classic dragons (a couple of which I still don't have to this date...) and other Legendaries.

But, I remember now the midrange variant with the Alexstrasza's Champions was very annoying if it got its early game going fast, but it was definitely not a top-tier deck either.

• Sad 1