FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

World First N'Zoth Mythic By Complexity Limit

a7iOeWS.jpg

After leading the entire raid and grabbing 8 World Firsts, Complexity Limit have taken that final step and claimed their ninth as well, with their Mythic N'Zoth kill! The final boss of Ny'alotha and Battle for Azeroth has fallen and brought the first US raid endboss World First since the first tier of Mists of Pandaria in Heart of Fear in 2012. Huge congratulations to Limit who really dominated this raid, their lead never being in question, bumping up against many bugs and issues along the way, but pulled through nonetheless.

Here's the World First kill directly from the event stream, starting in the mythic only phase, with some 40% left on the boss:

Some truly impressive play, with the new tactic of having a player outside the raid throughout the whole raid, the GM and raid leader Max in this case, calling all the shots and looking over the players for almost all the bosses, which was somewhat adopted by Method as well, on one or two bosses. Method are currently on 33% and are the closest guild to Limit, with Pieces, Alpha and Aversion behind them. Also, over 100,000 people watched live on Max's stream as the boss went down, with another 80,000 on Method's with another at least 50,000 across all the other player streams.

As far as the US 16 hour advantage, the general consensus among all WF raiders is that "a World First is a World First", meaning that it's just about the first guild to down a boss, regardless of the US (and EU) advantage. In this particular case that doesn't seem like it will be relevant, as Method are very unlikely to down the boss in the next 16 hours, with the same applying to Alpha and their 30-ish hour disadvantage.

BRAaltt.png

N'Zoth died after 274 pulls on the third day of the second week, which is perhaps just a tiny bit disappointing in terms of boss length, but with Corrupted items having an incredible impact on this raid, which was showcased by the postponed nerfs. It was still an incredibly impressive performance by Limit, showcasing their amazing players and preparation, strategy and execution. Huge congratulations all round once again!

The endboss and the raid in general had a much higher amount of drama than usual as well, starting way back on Heroics with some guilds getting two reset's worth of loot from N'Zoth, continuing with Ra-den where Limit, Method and then everyone else abused his short reset timer to stack up some big buffs to their opening DPS, and then heading to Mythic N'Zoth himself who had a massive bug get saved by Blizzard despawning the boss for Limit, but then also accidentally despawning him for everyone on the US servers, a big hotfix mid-progress that was then reverted the next day, and finally the crazy move of Blizzard presumably completely scrapping the final Mythic-only phase and more. We also took a look at whether the boss really was as buggy as it seemed compared to previous expansions, which you can read about here.

You can check out everything that's happened so far in your race coverage hub, or follow the race to World 2nd over on Method's site or stream, as well as celebrate with the champions on Complexity Limit's stream!

QCC0LLL.jpg

World First race related articles

• Like 3

Limit played really well this tier almost unbelievably so, I've been following the race with so many streams open (though mainly Asian ones) and Limit's play has been really amazing.

While their choice of having Max watch from the outside and command/guide the raid is smart and interesting it still takes good players to actually perform those actions and execute on it and that has been the most impressive thing to watch I think.

• Like 2

Gratz to them, but I hope that the "coach" thing doesn't catch on.  I personally don't like it at all.  Also not a huge fan of the casters this race, seemed more spastic and annoying than informative and engaging.  Just my 2 cents

Edited by Environment

20 minutes ago, Environment said:

Gratz to them, but I hope that the "coach" thing doesn't catch on.  I personally don't like it at all.  Also not a huge fan of the casters this race, seemed more spastic and annoying than informative and engaging.  Just my 2 cents

I'm not a fan of the coach thing either, but it's 100% going to be the new normal.

• Like 1

I hate that everyone still wants Method to beat it in 16 hours now so they can try to say Method should be number 1. That argument doesn't hold water anymore since guilds who watch the world first get so much strat info. I guarantee if they do it, we will hear that quite often. I am all for a global launch to make things more interesting.

Grats Limit! Very well deserved.

Edited by Sharknad0

2 hours ago, Sharknad0 said:

I hate that everyone still wants Method to beat it in 16 hours now so they can try to say Method should be number 1. That argument doesn't hold water anymore since guilds who watch the world first get so much strat info. I guarantee if they do it, we will hear that quite often. I am all for a global launch to make things more interesting.

Grats Limit! Very well deserved.

They won't beat it in 16 hours.

4 hours ago, Environment said:

where is Khaldor when you need him

Wow, so what if they were being coached, it was a different tactic used and it paid off for them. If other guilds try it in the future then good luck to them, I don't see a problem with it. That would not make me stop watching world first streams so I won't cry about it like some people. Method were the best before N'zoth died and now they are not so they will be feeling the pressure. Good job Limit, well deserved!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Environment said:

And I get that the coaching thing will be the norm now, but it just means that I won't watch anymore race to world firsts. 

That's a pretty extreme reaction but ok.

14 hours ago, Environment said:

And I get that the coaching thing will be the norm now, but it just means that I won't watch anymore race to world firsts. 

If that really stops you from watching, you're just looking for an excuse. Almost every "e-sport" (and EVERY regular sport) has a coach. League, DotA, Counter Strike, etc. You might not consider it that way, but there's clearly enough money they're treating the world first races as an E-sports tournament.

Rare Patron

The 21 man coach thing i think is fine. If you think about it, it kind of accomplishes the goal of weak aura's. If you watch methods attempts, you'll notice commands pop up in weak aura's and on timers like "Pre-spread right" , reminiscent of what max was calling out in real time. So in a way, a 21m coach is basically just doing what several mods that are already in game do, but in real time and fluctuate per pull, and make communication easier because everyone is communicating to max, and then he's relaying it back as commands rather than people having to think on the fly if their weak auras are innacurate or they put themselves in a bad position for a pull.

There is litterally no reason to not have a coach because the only thing that matters is taking the bosses down the most efficient way possible. people hung up "skills" should reconsider.

Edited by duerikkekuldindust

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this