Communication Overflow Summoner Skill Guide for Lost Ark
Summoner unleashes powerful arcane arts and summons primal beings to force her enemies into submission. Equipped with a magical rod, Summoner is capable of calling upon multiple Ancient Summons, all serving a different purpose to ensure she's ready for any situation.
Communication Overflow: Skill Descriptions, Tripods, Gems and Runes
Summoner's skills can be divided into its normal spells, pet summmons and Ancient Elementals. Her spells can provide buffs, Identity gauge, counters and more. Her pets also turn into actives called Command Skills after being summoned, performing extra attacks along with their basic attacks.
- Ancient Spear contributes a large part of your damage outside of Ancients. It's important to cancel the jump animation with another skill. If you do not, you aren't able to use Elemental Wings (Spacebar) while doing that animation and could mean taking unnecessary damage.
- Sticky Moss Swamp is one of your three self buffs and your party Synergy skill. Providing Attack Power for you and reduced Defense on enemies.
- Earth Collapse is a strong filler skill that deals good damage and serves as an animation cancel tool. This also does Weak Point and decent stagger.
- Steed Charge has good stagger ability and generates a moderate amount of Identity.
- Water Elemental serves as your counter and builds a solid amount of meter. Through MP Recovery, it'll also increase how fast you recover Mana when summoned.
- Winged Spirit is an optional skill dealing okay damage. It's mainly used when taking the Charming set but even then can be opted out for another skill if you don't like the holding property.
- Pauru is mainly used for the Attack Power buff for 5.0 seconds that applies when Pauru leaves. Deciding to take this does mean you'll have to play around and optimize the buff window on top of your existing buffs.
- Elcid provides an Attack Power buff same as Sticky Moss Swamp but they do not stack.
- Shurdi is a Critical Rate buff for the duration of the summon (20.0 ~ 28.0s). This is often used before your rotation starts.
- Maririn is everyone's favorite red panda, dealing a good amount of damage.
Ancient Elementals technically count as pets but they do not have tripods like the rest of her skills. Master Summoner typically wants to prioritize Akir inside buffs since it's the highest damage, however other Ancients all have their uses. Three out of five grant Weak Point, those being Osh, Alimaji & Phoenix. Osh being the fastest and lowest cost of the three, it's great to throw out first when met with a destruction check. Alimaji does increased 50% increased damage if the boss is staggered, making its damage comparable to Akir. Phoenix is a good skill for AoE, you'll be using this a lot in Chaos Dungeon. Jahia & Ligheas gives the highest amount of stagger and good damage. On top of this it also grants a shield for you upon use. All this comes with the caveat of a long animation, so be mindful of appropriate times to use this.
Below is a table consisted of recommended tripods for each skill. Red and Yellow priority skills should be leveled first. Eventually, you would want 18 full level tripods.
|Skill Name||Tripod 1||Tripod 2||Tripod 3|
|Ancient Spear||Quick Prep (High)|| Explosive Spear (Medium)
|| Ancient Strength (Medium)
|Earth Collapse||Flame Collapse (Low)||Shake (Low)||Great Earthquake (Low)|
|Elcid|| Magick Amplification (High)
||Deadly Poison Seed (Medium)|| Elite Summoning (Medium)
|Maririn||Atk. Power Enhancement (Medium)||Charge Command (Medium)||Communication (High)|
|Pauru||Weak Hit Point Detection (Medium)|| Atk. Power Enhancement (Medium)
||Blue Flame Pauru (Medium)|
|Shurdi|| Shining Growth (High)
||Smart Shurdi (N/A)|| Thrilling Light (Medium)
|Steed Charge||Stormlike Gallop (Low)||Stormlike Gallop (Low)||Destruction Charger (Low)|
| Ready Attack (High)
||Corrosion Diffusion (N/A)||(N/A)|
|Water Elemental||MP Recovery (N/A)||Weak Point Detection (Low)||Water Cannon (Low)|
|Winged Spirit||Magick Enhancement (Low)||Thunder Spirit (Low)||Communication (N/A)|
Since Communication Overflow can utilize Judgment / Conviction to help with MP and cooldowns we'll put those runes on Sticky Moss Swamp & Water Elemental. These skills are used as a pair within your rotation, before Ancient Spear and Water Elemental has several hits making it good for procs. Both Steed Charge and Winged Spirit can take Overwhelm. Because Shurdi is a persisting DoT around you, Bleed is a great option as it'll refreshing constantly. Ancient Spear wants Galewind for a well desired faster cast time. To further help with your MP economy, taking Focus on Elcid is a good option. Last but not least, we take Wealth on Earth Collapse for additional Identity gauge gain.
Epic & Rare
Keeping in mind that most skills do not share duplicate runes (i.e multiple Galewind and the like), a majority of them are able to take Legendary runes. That said, two of your skills are able to stick with lower rarity runes. Maririn takes Quick Recharge, but can take Wealth if you do not run Earth Collapse. Pauru can be given any rune really, but we opt for Rage here. If you do have the Legendary version, use that instead.
- 13 Dec. 2022: Guide added.
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Lost Ark Spring Update Release Date Announced
- Lost Ark March Update Massive Release Notes
- Lost Ark Artist Subclass and 3 Special Events Preview - Coming March 15th
- Lost Ark Bot Banwave and Witcher Crossover Event
- Lost Ark December Update Release Notes: Wreck the Halls
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- New Lost Ark Skill Tree Tripod System Release Date, Transfer Details