Control Glaivier Skill Guide for Lost Ark
Brandishing two weapons, a Glaive and a Spear, Glaivier offers fluid gameplay at both close and mid-range. Packed full of utility and being one of the more mobile advanced classes in the game, Glaivier comes in two playstyles, Control and Pinnacle.
Control: Skill Descriptions, Tripods, Gems and Runes
As Control can only use the skills from Flurry stance there's a limited pool of skills to choose from. Still, you'll have a selection that provides valuable Synergy, Stagger and Weak Point damage. Glaivier's tripods are important but with your DPS % being more evenly distributed across skills; you should prioritize getting them all leveled rather than just a select few. Cooldown gems and tripods are highly valued to make your rotations feel better, having micro-downtime between skills.
- Shackling Blue Dragon is your most valuable button, providing 18% Critical Rate synergy. It also deals Weak Point damage.
- Half Moon Slash contributes the highest damage in your kit. It's multi-hit property makes it the go-to for proccing Judgment / Conviction.
- Raging Dragon Slash is your third highest DPS skill, providing decent stagger as well. With limited rune options, it's the main choice for Judgment procs.
- Chain Slash is your second highest DPS skill. Also being multi-hit, it's another option for proccing Judgment / Conviction.
- Stampeding Slash rounds out your top four DPS skills. Like the others it has multi-hit but typically runs Galewind due to the lengthy animation.
- Wheel of Blades as one of your optional skills is recommended for its good stagger and damage.
- Windsplitter relies on Crits to really deal a lot of damage due to Down Strike.
- Flash Kick is a good mobility tool that helps with Bleed uptime.
- Thorn Jab is your counter skill and is good to upkeep Adrenaline given it's low cooldown.
Below is a table consisted of recommended tripods for each skill. For DPS skills, their damage is evenly spread so you'll want to level all of them to maximum when you can. Cooldown tripods are prioritized to smoothen your rotation.
|Skill Name||Tripod 1||Tripod 2||Tripod 3|
|Shacking Blue Dragon||Quick Prep (High)||Blitz (N/A)||Critical Spear (N/A)|
|Half Moon Slash||Flurry Expertise (Medium)||Final Decision (Medium)||Blade of Tornado (Medium)|
|Raging Dragon Slash||Quick Prep (High)||Quick Slash (Medium)||Awaken (Medium)|
|Chain Slash||Brilliant Spear (Medium)||Final Decision (Medium)||Brilliant Spear (Medium)|
|Stampeding Slash||Flurry Expertise (Medium)||Enhanced Strike (Medium)||Ripping Blades (Medium)|
|Wheel of Blades||Excellent Mobility (N/A)||Weak Point Detection (Low)||Consecutive Spin (Low)|
|Windsplitter||Concussion (N/A)||Final Decision (Low)||Down Strike (Low)|
|Flash Kick||Excellent Mobility (Low)||Final Decision (Low)||Corkscrew (Low)|
|Thorn Jab||Excellent Mobility (N/A)||N/A||N/A|
- Flash Kick: Bleed
- Chain Slash: Galewind
- Thorn Jab: Quick Recharge
- Stampeding Slash: Galewind
- Windsplitter: Galewind
- Wheel of Blades: Overwhelm
- Shackling Blue Dragon: Focus
- Half Moon Slash: Conviction
- Raging Dragon Slash: Judgment
- 09 Jan. 2023: Guide added.
More Lost Ark Content
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Lost Ark Spring Update Release Date Announced
- Lost Ark March Update Massive Release Notes
- Lost Ark Artist Subclass and 3 Special Events Preview - Coming March 15th
- Lost Ark Bot Banwave and Witcher Crossover Event
- Lost Ark December Update Release Notes: Wreck the Halls
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- New Lost Ark Skill Tree Tripod System Release Date, Transfer Details