Rage Hammer Destroyer Skill Guide for Lost Ark
Equipped with a gigantic gravity hammer, Destroyer obliterates all in it's path. The king of stagger, Destroyer abuses encounters through personal shields and a taunt. This class comes with two different playstyles, Gravity Training and Rage Hammer.
Rage Hammer: Skill Descriptions, Tripods, Gems and Runes
Rage Hammer follows a simple flow of generating Gravity Cores and spending them to deal massive damage to the enemy. Split between Concentration (blue) and Gravity Release (purple) skills, we can also split these groupings up even further by what they provide, and alternative skills that may be used in their place.
These skills all generate a specific amount of Gravity Cores, which are used to boost the power of Gravity Release skills, and also increase the size of the shield generated by them. To better understand how these skills work, we can break them up into several groups; Mandatory, Mobility, and Counter skills.
Mandatory Concentration Skills
- Heavy Crush: Your main spam skill. This only generates one Gravity Core, but due to it's low cooldown, it can be paired with any other Concentration skill to prepare for a Gravity Release skill. Nothing else in Destroyer's kit has such a low cooldown, so it can't really be replaced by anything for the same effect. Aftershock can be placed before a boss becomes targetable, allowing you to generate a Gravity Core from the tick puddle for a minor damage gain.
- Endure Pain: This skill puts you into what is essentially god mode. Push-immunity, damage reduction, and a taunt to set up for easy head attacks. To top it off, this skill can generate three orbs without even having a target. Try to pair this with Gravity Release skills that don't take the Tenacity tripod.
Mobility Concentration Skills
All of the following skills generate two Gravity Cores, but none of them can be animation cancelled. For a full build, you'll take one of these actions.
- Jumping Smash: Can be used to apply Armor Destruction while also dealing a considerable amount of Stagger damage with Smash.
- Power Shoulder: The range on this can be extended by coupling Objective Complete and Express Fury.
- Running Crash: Capable of increasing Stagger damage for six seconds using the Target Focus tripod. Slightly longer cooldown than the others, something to be mindful of.
Counter Concentration Skills
Both of these skills come with their pros and cons, a decision should be made on an encounter basis, or for player comfort.
- Power Strike: Can be nehanced to swing the hamer for longer and strike five times instead of three, which can be nice for counter safety in prog. Capable of applying Armor Destruction.
- Dreadnaught: The strength of this skill lies in usage of the Tenacity tripod. If this is taken, you have to skip on Armor Destruction and must take it on another skill.
Note: You're free to take both of these, sacrificing one of your mobility skills. This combination allows you to take both Armor Destruction and Tenacity for the sacrifice of less movement, but gives you two counter skills, if the encounter demands it.
Gravity Release Skills
Unlike the Gravity Training build, our Gravity Release skills are set in stone. We don't prioritize Gravity Meter gain at all, so we're forced to take the four highest damage dealing skills in this section.In 99% of instances, you will want to use these actions with three Gravity Cores to ensure maximum damage output, as the scaling is not linear. For each Core generated, these are the following gains:
- One Gravity Core: 10% damage increase, 10% shield.
- Two Gravity Core: 25% damage increase, 20% shield.
- Three Gravity Core: 45% damage increase, 30% shield.
Mandatory Gravity Release Skills
- Perfect Swing: Quite a long cast time, this is not an instant cast like it is in the Gravity Training build. Easily the highest damage skill in Destroyer's kit. Has head and back attack modifier.
- Seismic Hammer: High DPS, can be animation cancelled after your hammer hits the ground. Has the option of using Tenacity while still learning to face tank through hits. Has head and back attack modifier.
- Full Swing: Extremely short cooldown compared to other Gravity Release skills. Comes with the added bonus of having mobility attached to it.
- Earth Eater: High Stagger damage, as well as being able to run the Tenacity. Only needs one bar of charge to get maximum Stagger damage.
|Skill Name||Tripod 1||Tripod 2||Tripod 3|
|Heavy Crush||Quick Hit (N/A)||Defenseless Target (Low)||Aftershock (Low)|
|Power Strike||Agile Movement (Medium)||Armor Destruction (N/A)||N/A|
|Power Shoulder||Toughened Body (Low)||Objective Complete (Medium)||Express Fury (N/A)|
|Endure Pain||Guaranteed Core (N/A)||Taunt (N/A)||Healthy Mentality (Low)|
|Earth Eater||Enhanced Strike (High)||Tenacity (N/A)||Earthen Rage (High)|
|Full Swing||Agile Movement (Medium)||Scary Hammer (High)||Beast's Eye (High)|
|Seismic Hammer||Enhanced Strike (High)||Absolute Strength (High)||Starving Strength (High)|
|Perfect Swing||Weak Point Detection (High)||Absolute Strength (High)||Intemperance (High)|
- Heavy Crush: Bleed
- Power Strike: Rage
- Power Shoulder: Galewind
- Endure Pain: Quick Recharge
- Earth Eater: Galewind
- Full Swing: Galewind
- Seismic Hammer: Overwhelm
- Perfect Swing: Galewind
- 19 Dec. 2022: Guide added.
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Lost Ark Spring Update Release Date Announced
- Lost Ark March Update Massive Release Notes
- Lost Ark Artist Subclass and 3 Special Events Preview - Coming March 15th
- Lost Ark Bot Banwave and Witcher Crossover Event
- Lost Ark December Update Release Notes: Wreck the Halls
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- New Lost Ark Skill Tree Tripod System Release Date, Transfer Details