TBC Classic Fury Warrior Guide
Welcome to our Fury Warrior guide for TBC Classic, tailored for PvE content. Here, you will learn how all you need to know to play Fury Warrior proficiently. Click the links below to navigate the guide or read this page for a short introduction.
Warriors are melee fighters, heavily trained in the art of combat. They rely on their strength and incredible toughness to guide them through the thick of battle. Warriors are less flexible than other classes, but are tougher and capable of dealing devastating damage to their enemies much more quickly.
Fury remains the top DPS spec for Warriors, focusing on dual-wielding rather than Two-Handed weapons. While the overall strength of DPS Warriors is reduced from that of Classic WoW, with proper gear and group, a Fury Warrior remains one of the best AoE classes in the game, and arguably the strongest cleave DPS overall.
If you would like to see where Fury Warriors fall in the overall rankings among DPS specs for both PvE and PvP in TBC Classic, we have created pages dedicated to explaining what classes and specializations are the best of the best through multiple factors. However, ultimately, you should not let these lists dissuade you from playing what you enjoy.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Very high cleave damage potential
- Does not have a limited resource like Mana
- Extremely gear-dependent
- Weak in early content
- Only contributes damage to a raid
Best Alliance Races for Fury Warriors
Human is the best choice for Alliance Fury Warriors, offering a nice damage boost through expertise and increased reputation gains, both of which are especially important in early gear stages.
Humans are a great, well rounded choice for Warriors, offering increased Expertise if using a Sword or Mace (Sword Specialization/Mace Specialization). The increased reputation gain from Diplomacy helps immensely with the early game reputation farming, but falls off later as it has no benefit other than that.
Added to the game with Burning Crusade, Draenei make good Arms Warriors as the Hit Rating from Heroic Presence is great, especially since it applies to your entire party.
Best Horde Races for Fury Warriors
Orc is the best choice for Horde Fury Warriors. It offers a huge increase to damage output through Axe Specialization and Blood Fury essentially giving you a free trinket.
Blood Fury is basically a free trinket, making orcs an extremely strong race. The expertise when using Axes (Axe Specialization) is also very useful, especially early on, as there is not much gear with expertise on it.
Hardiness increases your chance to resist stuns by 15%, which is also nice to have.
Troll is a decent option as Berserking can have some very strong uses. Beast Slaying is a very strong passive, but has a limited amount of uses in Burning Crusade.
Best Professions for Fury Warriors
Blacksmithing is highly recommended for Fury Warriors as the crafted weapons will last you until the later phases of Burning Crusade. Any Warrior looking to put out the highest damage possible will want to get this profession.
Leatherworking is a decent option if you have no one else in the party able to use Drums of Battle. You can craft some gear early on as an extra bonus, but this is replaced quickly.
Enchanting gives you +8 all stats through Enchant Ring - Stats, giving you a bit of health, Attack Power, and Critical Strike Rating.
Jewelcrafting offers Crimson Sun and Stone of Blades, giving you a bit more stats than standard gems.
Engineering is the recommended second profession. It offers no benefit to your main spec, but does however offer you many other benefits. Aside from the many different gadgets and gizmos offered, such as Rocket Boots Xtreme, you will be able to make Stamina trinkets for tanking.
Goblin Rocket Launcher and Gnomish Poultryizer are both amazing tanking trinkets, lasting through most of the content. Having the utility to tank dungeons, heroics and Karazhan will greatly improve how often you get brought to groups.
If you would like to learn more about how your profession of choice can be used to supplement your goldmaking, along with a variety of other means to bolster your income, see our full goldmaking guide linked below:
- 14 Aug. 2021 (gear page): Page added.
- 14 Jul. 2021 (enchants page): Fixed some incorrect enchants & typos.
- 11 Jun. 2021 (enchants page): Re-added Meta gem.
- 11 Jun. 2021 (pre-raid gear page): Added Meta gem and Ragesteel Shoulders.
- 26 May 2021 (pre-raid gear page): Guide added.
- 26 May 2021 (enchants page): Guide added.
- 26 May 2021 (stats page): Guide added.
- 26 May 2021 (rotation page): Guide added.
- 26 May 2021 (talents page): Guide added.
- 26 May 2021 (spells page): Guide added.
- 26 May 2021 (this page): Guide added.
- Infinite A'dal Vs. Terokk Fist Fight - Brilliant Bug Use
- Bans Going Out for Ogri'la Quest Exploit, Up to 6 Months + Hilarious Hotfix Consequences
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour
- Serpentshrine Cavern Classic Cleared in Under an Hour World First by Progress
- Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Is Now Live!
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 2 "Not a Bug" List
- BCC Phase 2: Overlords of Outland Launch Delayed
- Overlords of Outland Guides for Burning Crusade Classic