Gahz'ranka Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Gahz'ranka is the final optional boss in Zul'Gurub, and while quite easy to do, is a pain to summon. Summoning Ghaz'ranka requires a raider with maxed fishing to complete a quest chain and do some fishing, so make sure someone is ready to go!
Gahz'ranka is one of the many optional bosses in Zul'Gurub, but is noticeably one of the most frequently skipped bosses, due to an annoying summoning requirement and a lack of important loot drops. If you do wish to summon Gahz'ranka, however, you will need to have a maxed fisherman in your group do the quest chain below.
- Start in Zul'Gurub. At the very north is the temple where you fought the High Priestess Arlokk. Directly south of that temple is a river. Next to the river is a camp, where, in a small chest in the camp, you can loot Nat's Measuring Tape.
- Take the measuring tape to Nat Pagle in Dustwallow Marsh.
- Complete the quest by talking to him, and buy the Mudskunk Lure that he now sells.
- Return to Zul'Gurub, and go back to the same river from the first step. Along that river are pools of fish that will be called Muddy Churning Waters. Fish there until you have 5x Zulian Mudskunks.
- Go back to where you first found the measuring tape. Use the lure in the river directly next to the camp to summon Gahz'ranka.
Strategy for Gahz'ranka
Gahz'ranka is an incredibly easy fight as he only has three mechanics, two of which you can completely negate by fighting him underwater in the river. His abilities are Frost Breath, which is just a tank damage cone, Gahz'ranka Slam, which is just a tank knock-back that being underwater solves, and Massive Geyser, a random knock-back that being underwater solves. Just fight him in the river, and kill him for some free loot.
Loot from Gahz'ranka
|Nat Pagle's Broken Reel||Trinket|
|Tome of Polymorph: Turtle||Misc (Mage-only)|
|Nat Pagle's Fish Terminator||Staff|
- 13 Apr. 2020: Guide added.
- Season of Mastery to Wrath Classic and Classic Era Transfers
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 14th
- New Tabard for Current Season Available in Wrath Classic
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 11th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 10th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 7th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 6th
- Wrath of the Lich King Classic Phase 1 Raid and Gearing Guides