High Priestess Mar'li Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
High Priestess Mar'li is the third Priestess that you will kill before Hakkar, and can be found in her temple to the south inside Zul'Gurub. She is the Spider Aspect, using her spiders and her own spider transformation abilities to fight.
High Priestess Mar'li Summary by Role
- You will want at least 2 tanks.
- The off-tank will spend most of the fight sitting in the Ranged DPS group, just waiting. At some point, Mar'li will root all of the melee and start running towards the ranged; it will be the off-tank's job to pick her back up and bring her back to the melee.
- Try to help group the spider adds when they spawn.
- Dispel the Poison Bolt Volley when you can. Shamans can use their Poison Cleansing Totem, which is especially valuable here.
- Try to stay 30 yards away from the boss to avoid her poison and webs.
- Melee DPS will need to have an interrupt rotation set up for Drain Life.
- Ranged DPS will want to stand with healers, 30+ yards away from the boss.
- Spider adds will be dangerous if left alive, so kill them as soon as possible when they spawn.
General Tips for High Priestess Mar'li
- Having the off-tank sit with the Ranged DPS away from the boss is the key to making this an easy fight. Enveloping Webs is by far the most dangerous point of the fight, if not done correctly.
- Healers need to be quick about dispelling the poison from melee, since it can be quite dangerous.
- Melee need to be consistent with their interrupts on Drain Life.
- All of the DPS should kill spider adds as soon as possible.
Strategy for High Priestess Mar'li
To start the fight, one tank should pick up High Priestess Mar'li while the off-tank should pick up the add with her. Once the add is dead, the off-tank needs to run out to where the Ranged DPS should be stacked with healers, at least 30 yards away from the boss. They will do nothing, just sitting and waiting for when the boss casts Enveloping Webs, which will root everyone in melee and completely drop threat with everyone rooted. This will cause her to run at the ranged, where the off-tank should be waiting to immediately pick her up and bring her back.
While Enveloping Webs is the most dangerous mechanic in the fight, there are a couple of other important things to watch for. Spider adds will periodically spawn, which need to be killed as soon as possible, since they get stronger the longer they are alive. Drain Life needs to be consistently interrupted by melee. Lastly, healers need to be dispelling Poison Bolt Volley whenever it goes out. If you have Shamans in the raid, they can use Poison Cleansing Totem to make this much easier.
- Enveloping Webs will root all melee targets and drop threat. Have a tank waiting in ranged to pick up the boss when she casts this.
- Drain Life needs to be interrupted.
- Poison Bolt Volley needs to be dispelled, but Ranged DPS and Healers should never get hit if they are 30+ yards away.
Loot from High Priestess Mar'li
|Band of Jin||Ring|
|Talisman of Protection||Neck|
|Flowing Ritual Robes||Chest|
Shared High Priest Loot
The High Priests and Priestesses of Zul'Gurub have a shared set of items in their loot table that can be dropped in addition to their specific loot tables.
|Belt of Untapped Power||Waist|
|Cloak of the Hakkari Worshipers||Back|
|Gloves of the Tormented||Hands|
|Might of the Tribe||Back|
|Zulian Scepter of Rites||1-Hand Mace|
|Band of Servitude||Ring|
|Seal of the Gurubashi Berserker||Ring|
- 13 Apr. 2020: Guide added.
- Season of Mastery to Wrath Classic and Classic Era Transfers
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 14th
- New Tabard for Current Season Available in Wrath Classic
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 11th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 10th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 7th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 6th
- Wrath of the Lich King Classic Phase 1 Raid and Gearing Guides