Flamegor Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Flamegor Summary by Role
- You will need at least 2 tanks.
- Positioning is key. Get in correct positions and do not move. You will want to bring the boss into the corner next to the ramp he comes into the room on, and position Flamegor exactly the same way that you positioned Ebonroc, with the tanks spacing out in front of the boss. Each tank should be spaced from one and other, with each having their back against the wall.
- You only need two tanks for this fight, and only to taunt swap whenever Flamegor casts his Wing Buffet, which will do a knockback and make the current target generate less threat.
- It is highly recommended that your tanks use Onyxia Scale Cloak. This cloak will protect you from a large portion of the fire damage that Flamegor's Shadow Flame breath does, which can potentially save your life.
- No special healing requirements, just make sure the tanks are kept alive. If the tanks died and lose threat, it will be hard to recover.
- There will be some raid damage that comes out from Flamegor's Fire Nova when he frenzies, but that should not be an issue if your Hunters are using their Tranquilizing Shot.
- Melee should be stacked in a single spot behind the boss and should never have to move. Ranged can be further out, but should also never need to move.
- You will need at least 2 Hunters to use Tranquilizing Shot whenever the boss frenzies. If not removed, he will use his Fire Nova repeatedly for a significant amount of raid damage.
General Tips for Flamegor
- Getting the boss positioned correctly is the most important part of the fight. Start with the entire raid sitting behind the ramp to LoS the boss to ensure that tanks can cleanly pull the boss into the corner next to the ramp. You will want to bring the boss into the corner next to the ramp he comes into the room on, with the tanks spacing out against the wall in front of the boss. This boss is positioned exactly like Ebonroc.
- There are only two mechanics on this fight, Wing Buffet and an enrage. For the Wing Buffet, the tanks will just want to taunt swap any time this is cast. Flamegor will also enrage every 10-15 seconds, which just requires a Hunter to use Tranquilizing Shot immediately to remove it.
Strategy for Flamegor
Flamegor is almost identical to Ebonroc, with the addition of an enrage mechanic. Set up the fight in the exact same way, with the tanks positioned with their backs against the wall in the same corner, swapping every time the boss casts Wing Buffet. The boss will also enrage every 10-15 seconds, which will make him start chain casting Fire Nova for lots of raid damage. This can be stopped by having a Hunter remove the enrage using Tranquilizing Shot every time the boss enrages. As long as the tanks swap and the Hunters are watching for enrages, the boss should not pose any problems.
- Wing Buffet will knock back a tank and reduce their threat, so tanks should swap any time this is cast.
- Fire Nova is the AoE ability that Flamegor will cast any time he is enraged. As long as your Hunters remove the enrage, this should not be cast more than once per enrage.
Loot from Flamegor
Tier 2 Loot
|Handguards of Transcendence||Hands||Priest|
|Gauntlets of Wrath||Hands||Warrior|
|Gauntlets of Ten Storms||Hands||Shaman|
Shared Loot with 3 Drakes (Firemaw, Ebonroc, Flamegor)
|Drake Talon Cleaver||Two-Handed Axe|
|Drake Talon Pauldrons||Shoulder|
|Ring of Blackrock||Finger|
|Taut Dragonhide Belt||Waist|
|Shadow Wing Focus Staff||Staff|
|Circle of Applied Force||Finger|
|Herald of Woe||Two-Handed Mace|
|Shroud of Pure Thought||Back|
|Styleen's Impeding Scarab||Trinket|
- 10 Feb. 2020: Guide added.
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- World's Fastest Naxxramas Speed Clear By Salad Bakers
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- The "Final Boss of Classic": Level 1 Raid Takes on Hogger
- We Might Be Hearing About Burning Crusade Classic by the End of the Year? (Rumor)
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki from IcyWiki
- TBC Transition+
- [H][EU][Skullflame] Impact Recruiting to raid Naxx Wednesday and Sunday
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- Shadowlands Threads of Fate Question
- Power Word: Shield Macro
- Looking for an addon or someone to make it
- The Best PvP weapon in classic for a warrior ?
- [Q]Opener Trinket Swap