Onyxia Alliance Attunement Guide
Onyxia's Lair has one of the longest attunement quests in Classic, with two separate questlines for the two factions. This page contains the Alliance attunement questline, but if you play Horde, you can take a look at our Horde attunement guide for Onyxia's Lair.
In order to enter Onyxia's Lair, players will need to have a Drakefire Amulet, which is obtained through a faction-specific attunement quest chain.
Quest Chain for Onyxia's Lair Attunement (Alliance)
The quest chain for the Alliance is split into groups of quests and we have outlined the full progression of quests below.
- The True Masters quest group:
- The Crumpled Note quest group:
- Jail Break quest group:
- General Drakkisath quest group:
To start the questline, you will need to be Level 48, but to finish it, you will need to be Level 52.
The True Masters Quest Group
The quest line starts in the Burning Steppes, where you have to have to find Helendis Riverhorn in the southeast of the zone.
Once finished, head back to Helendis and pick up The True Masters.
The True Masters quests simply require you to visit NPCs in different areas, from Stormwind Keep to Lakeshire and then finally to the Burning Steppes.
Once you have completed these travelling quests, you will have to head into Blackrock Depths to find Marshal Windsor. You will need to kill High Interrogator Gerstahn to obtain a key and then open the cell that houses Marshal Windsor in the prison area.
The Crumpled Note Quest Group
Return to Windsor to hand this in and to obtain the quest for the next section.
Jail Break Quest Group
As soon as you accept the next quest, it will start the escort portion, so have a group ready!
Jail Break! requires you to help Marshal Windsor escape the dungeon. You should clear as much trash as you can prior to starting this quest, to avoid unnecessary fighting. Once you have succeeded, speak to Marshal Maxwell back in Morgan's Vigil to hand in the quest.
Once he announces you, you will need to speak to Marshal Windsor.
General Drakkisath Quest Group
Marshal Windsor needs an escort through Stormwind for the next quest, The Great Masquerade. Follow him and make sure he does not die. You can let Bolvar fight most of the mobs for you, despite the mobs being difficult to solo, so just stand back and let him fight.
Return this to Haleh to obtain your Drakefire Amulet.
- 09 Dec. 2019: Fixed location of Helendis.
- 15 Nov. 2019: Guide added.
- Upcoming Season of Discovery Phase 2 Class Tuning: February 27th
- WoW Hardcore Self-Found Mode Begins February 29th
- Dragonflight 10.2.5 and Season of Discovery Hotfixes, February 21st
- Gnomeregan Trinket Sends Player to Forbidden Zones in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 20th
- Blizzard Acknowledges Gnomeregan Raid Lockout Bug
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th