Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zadina

hearthstone Jade Lotus Card Reveals of the Week

7 posts in this topic

fqZuTcx.jpg

It’s time to take a look at the Jade Lotus cards that have been revealed so far this week.

If you want to read more about the Jade Lotus, some initial card reveals and the Jade Golem mechanic, check out L0rinda’s article.

As L0rinda pointed out in his article, it is hard to evaluate how good the Jade Golem mechanic is before actually trying it – although most people seem to think it’s going to be really strong. Therefore, it’s difficult to estimate how good the cards below are actually going to be ingame.

Rogue

200px-Jade_Swarmer(49713).png?version=12

Rogue has had only one card reveal this week and it is the class with the fewest card reveals so far, if I am not mistaken. Jade Swarmer, revealed by Chinese site NGA, looks like a decent 2-drop and it definitely promotes the Unearthed Raptor/N’Zoth Rogue type of deck.

Druid

Lyx21mf.png

The new Druid cards look pretty interesting so far. First of all, Jade Idol was revealed by ThijsNL on his YouTube channel, and it is actually a rare card as you can see on Facebook. If the Jade Golem mechanic proves as good as it looks, this 1-mana spell will be quite strong. It fits well into current Druid decks (like token or spells) and works well with Fandral Staghelm, Violet Teacher, Gadgetzan Auctioneer and even Yogg-Saron, Hope's End. It also adds the possibility of extending the size of your deck, thus avoiding fatigue.

Jade Behemoth comes with relatively mediocre stats compared to its mana cost. Essentially, though, it’s a Fen Creeper which costs one additional mana and has a Battlecry effect. Given that you might already have played other Jade Golem cards, Jade Behemoth might summon a 3/3 or higher Jade Golem. Will it see any play? Only time will tell, but it looks like an okay card overall.

dpNmzJA.png

Virmen Sensei promotes the older archetype of Beast Druid. The card was just revealed, so there aren't a lot of reviews about it yet. The general consensus, so far, is that it looks like a medium/average tier card.

Shaman

985U4rh.png

Polygon revealed Devolve, the exact opposite of Evolve. While it’s easy to exclaim “this is OP” at this 2-mana spell, we still have to examine the facts. Devolve works more as a mass silence than a mass removal and it will definitely counter the Grimy Goons synergy of buffing cards in your hand. However, you are still left to deal with a board full of minions and you might get some unwanted minions (like Doomsayer if you have something good on the board as well). Shaman already has strong mass removal options, so my guess is that Devolve might not see as much competitive play.

Murloc Shaman never really caught on, so I don’t think Call in the Finishers will see much play either. Other Shaman class cards that promoted Murloc synergy, like Siltfin Spiritwalker and Everyfin is Awesome, weren’t very successful. However, four 1/1s at four mana is pretty decent and we all know how powerful this type of deck can get with the help of all the neutral Murloc cards.

Jinyu Waterspeaker, revealed by Pinpingho, is probably one of the best healing cards in the game. Compared to Antique Healbot, it has better stats, has a targeted heal and comes at 1 mana less (plus Overload). Does it fit well into Shaman, though? It’s difficult to tell since we are used to Shamans being more aggro and midrange oriented. It’s a good addition for Control Shaman and it can reinforce Midrange Shaman.

3IWySTs.png

Jade Chieftain is another card that promotes the Control style of play for Shaman. This card feels incredibly slow for Shaman - even a Control one. I get the feeling that Blizzard didn't want to print a lot of jade Golem cards for Shaman, since the class already has many options that offer strong board presence. Perhaps Battlecry Shaman with Rumbling Elemental might actually become a thing?!

We will probably have a final Jade Lotus card reveal later today. Lastly, don’t forget to participate in the community vote for an additional, presumably legendary card reveal; let’s not miss it like we did last week!

I will definitely test Call in the Finishers in evolve\token deck because this kind of deck lacks fitting 4 drops.  Can be enough to bait an AOE from the opponent or challenge the board should he choose to ignore them.

13 hours ago, Zadina said:

Jinyu Waterspeaker, revealed by Pinpingho, is probably one of the best healing cards in the game. Compared to Antique Healbot, it has better stats, has a targeted heal, heals for one extra HP and comes at 1 mana less (plus Overload).

Antique Healbot heals for 8, not 5. This means that Jinyu Waterspeaker heals for 2 less rathen than 1 more.

Devolve could be fun to use in mirror as you degrade the totems into Wisps or Murloc Tinyfins which will be easy to clear with Maelstrom Portal if you don't roll Wrath of Air Totem. It won't be worth playing anyway, but I will definitely play it for fun in some of my gimmicky decks.

@Strongpoint

Good point, hadn't thought about it!

@positiv2

Ugh, my brain doesn't function well late at night anymore. I think the thought process was like 5 mana = 5 heal or something like that! thanks for the correction

On 11/25/2016 at 1:22 PM, positiv2 said:

It won't be worth playing anyway, but I will definitely play it for fun in some of my gimmicky decks.

We all know it was only introduced to keep Trolden in business ;D

2 hours ago, Freshness said:

Devolve will also be useful for dealing with pesky Sylvanas and Tirions etc in N'Zoth decks.

Actually a very fair point, could act almost as a multi-target hex!