Bear Sorceress Build Skills for Diablo 2 Resurrected
This page shows the recommended skill point progression and priority for the Bear Sorceress. Note that the following list refers to the total number of skill points, not the character level, to best account for the 12 bonus skill points granted by quests.
Bear Sorceress Skill Build
- 20 points to Enchant — main damage boost skill, required
- 20 points to Warmth — synergy for Enchant, required
- 20 points to Fire Mastery — added damage for Enchant, required
- 20 points to Lightning Mastery — added Lightning damage, required
- 1 points to Teleport — invest immediately at level 18, required
- 1 points to Static Field — invested at level 6, let the rest of your plus skills increase its range, required
- 1 points to Frozen Armor — useful for defensive purposes, required
Select Bear Sorceress Skill Discussion
The Bear Sorceress is purely meant to be a meme build. It is viable with extremely endgame gear, but clear speed is still slow even with this expensive gear. It can be a funny build to bring out into PvP games and catch a squishy character off guard, and two-shot them, though.
Wereforms are strange in how they interact with Increased Attack Speed. As a rough estimation, weapon gear Increased Attack Speed contributes majority effectiveness while non-weapon equipment Increased Attack Speed is minority effectiveness. This estimation means that generalized, only Increased Attack Speed on your weapon improves your Wereform animation speeds. The only purpose in having non-weapon gear Increased Attack Speed is if non-weapon gear Increased Attack Speed will push you to the next breakpoint, which depends on your weapon speed's frame table. You will have to use the Increased Attack Speed Calculator to figure out the attack frames for Wereforms. The Fanaticism from Beast does significantly contribute to these animation lengths as well.
The Bear Sorceress relies on Enchant and both Fire and Lightning Mastery to do the majority of damage. In terms of viability, you will be doing three elements of Damage: Fire, lightning, and Physical, where your Physical damage is the least but still notable, so you will not have an issue with immunities. Pre-buffing Enchant is definitely recommended to get as much of an edge as possible with damage.
A mercenary with Infinity will greatly increase your damage. Both the lightning and Fire Damage you do are boosted by lowering enemy resistances, and enemy defense is reduced to have a better chance of hitting as well.
As for your primary attack skill, you simply attack with a normal attack. Have fun mauling things to death as a Sorceress!
Bear Sorceress Stats Discussion
The following section discusses how many attribute points should be allocated to each of the primary stats.
How much Strength Does a Bear Sorceress Need?
Enough for gear — for a Character using a Spirit Monarch Shield this will be 156 Strength as that is usually the highest Strength requirement for commonly used gear. If choosing to use another shield with lower Strength requirements, then adjust to that value. This number constantly changes based on the equipment you are using, so make sure to double-check the Strength requirements of each piece of gear you have and how much Strength each piece will provide once equipped.
How much Dexterity Does a Bear Sorceress Need?
Enough for gear. The less Dexterity, the better since Werebear has bad blocking frames.
How much Vitality Does a Bear Sorceress Need?
Everything else into Vitality — 250+ Vitality. Every excess attribute point should be allocated to Vitality, as long as you can meet the Strength requirements of your items by the time you wish to equip them. Not only does this increase your Life total, but it also increases the chance for Health Potions to double the healing provided. On top of that, the more Life you have, the less chance you have to be put into Hit Recovery, helping your character out even more!
How much Energy Does a Bear Sorceress Need?
Nothing — allocating stat points to Energy in a final build is universally considered sub-par for almost every character due to the widespread availability of Mana Potions. While leveling, if you find your character struggling with Mana, you can allocate a few points to Energy that you can then remove with a respec later in the game.
- 28 Apr. 2022: Updated for Patch 2.4.
- 21 Sep. 2021: Page added.
- Diablo 2 Patch 2.5 PTR Update: September 6th
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Diablo 2 Resurrected PTR 2.5 Patch Notes
- Will Diablo 4 Pre-Orders & Release Date Be Announced at The Game Awards on December 8th?
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update: August 2022
- Unconfirmed Dragonflight Pre-Patch and Launch Dates Leaked
- Current Diablo 4 Beta is Internal Only
- Diablo 4 Beta Added to the Battle.net Catalog