Hydra Orb Sorceress Build Skills for Diablo 2 Resurrected
This page shows the recommended skill point progression and priority for the Hydra Orb Sorceress. Note that the following list refers to the total number of skill points, not the character level, to best account for the 12 bonus skill points granted by quests.
Hydra Orb Sorceress Skill Build
- 1 point to all prerequisites
- 20 points to Frozen Orb — max immediately, required
- Enough points in Cold Mastery to reach -150% Enemy Cold Resist
- 1+ points to Ice Bolt — synergy for Frozen Orb, required
- 1 point to Frozen Armor — invest when starting to teleport, required
- 1 point to Teleport — invest immediately at level 18, required
- 1 point to Static Field — invested at level 6, let the rest of your plus skills increase its range, required
- Secondary Element
- 20 points to Hydra — one of the main damage dealers, required
- 20 points to Fire Ball — Synergy for Hydra, required
- 20 points to Fire Mastery — Boosted Damage for Fire Skills , required
- 1+ points to Fire Bolt — Synergy for Hydra, required
Select Hydra Orb Sorceress Skill Discussion
The Hydra Orb Sorceress is a new creation that sets out to replace the Meteorb Sorceress. Thanks to the new Patch 2.4 update, Hydra is now much more powerful as Fire Damage and does not have a long cooldown anymore.
The downside of this build is that it sacrifices a bit of Damage for more versatility and thus in the endgame is not the fastest Sorceress to clear areas. With sufficient levels and an Infinity, Cold and Lightning Sorceresses outperform Hydra Orb Sorceresses by a decent margin.
Since this build does not scale too much with gear, it is effective even with very cheap gear, so the Hydra Orb Sorceress is certainly a strong place to start if you want to be able to handle most content on a budget.
Hydra Orb Sorceress Stats Discussion
The following section discusses how many attribute points should be allocated to each of the primary stats.
How much Strength Does a Hydra Orb Sorceress Need?
Enough for gear — for a Character using a Spirit Monarch Shield this will be 156 Strength as that is usually the highest Strength requirement for commonly used gear. If choosing to use another shield with lower Strength requirements, then adjust to that value. This number constantly changes based on the equipment you are using, so make sure to double-check the Strength requirements of each piece of gear you have and how much Strength each piece will provide once equipped.
How much Dexterity Does a Hydra Orb Sorceress Need?
Enough for gear. Dexterity is great for increasing Block Chance but if you are not planning to invest points to max that out, it is often not worth adding any additional points. This Sorceress will not use Attack Rating so extra points in Dexterity does not help.
How much Vitality Does a Hydra Orb Sorceress Need?
Everything else into Vitality — 250+ Vitality. Every excess attribute point should be allocated to Vitality, as long as you can meet the Strength requirements of your items by the time you wish to equip them. Not only does this increase your Life total, but it also increases the chance for Health Potions to double the healing provided. On top of that, the more Life you have, the less chance you have to be put into Hit Recovery, helping your character out even more!
How much Energy Does a Hydra Orb Sorceress Need?
Nothing — allocating stat points to Energy in a final build is universally considered sub-par for almost every character due to the widespread availability of Mana Potions. While leveling, if you find your character struggling with Mana, you can allocate a few points to Energy that you can then remove with a respec later in the game.
- 28 Apr. 2022: Page added.
- Diablo 4 Patch 1.3.1 Hotfixes: February 7th
- How To Get All Lunar Awakening Cosmetics and Mount Very Fast in Diablo 4’s New Event
- Protection Shrines May Not Work Correctly After Lunar Awakening Patch
- Workaround for Diablo 4 Crashing While Loading
- The Gauntlet & Leaderboards Launch Delayed
- World Tier 4 Vault and Trading Re-Enabled
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- World Tier 4 Vault of the Loom Temporarily Disabled