Blizzard Frozen Orb Sorceress Build Skills for Diablo 2 Resurrected
This page shows the recommended skill point progression and priority for the Blizzard Orb Sorceress. Note that the following list refers to the total number of skill points, not the character level, to best account for the 12 bonus skill points granted by quests.
Blizzard Orb Sorceress Skill Build
- 1 point to all prerequisites
- 20 points to Blizzard — invest immediately and max out immediately, required
- 20 points to Frozen Orb — invest immediately and max out after Blizzard, required
- Enough points in Cold Mastery to reach -150% Enemy Cold Resist. Can usually get here with +Skills from Gear after just a couple of points.
- 20 points to Glacial Spike — Max out after maxing Blizzard and cold mastery is appropriate level
- 20 points to Ice Blast — Max out after maxing Blizzard and cold mastery is appropriate level
- 20 points to Ice Bolt — Max out after maxing Blizzard and cold mastery is appropriate level
- 1 point to Frozen Armor — invest when starting to teleport, required
- 1 point to Teleport — invest immediately at level 18, required
- 1 point to Static Field — invested at level 6, let the addition of your plus skills increase its range, required
Select Blizzard Orb Sorceress Skill Discussion
The Blizzard Orb Sorceress can power through many zones, specializing in areas like the Ancient Tunnels, Chaos Sanctuary, and Throne Room. With a large Area of Effect damage special and the ability to completely freeze Monsters using Ice Blast or Glacial Spike she not only puts out massive damage but also has extra survivability compared to other Sorceresses.
She is also known for being able to wear the highest amount of Magic Find Gear, as most of the other Sorceress elements are a bit more Gear dependent to get similar damage output. This allows for better farming overall, especially when looking for Unique and Set items.
One of the major benefits of 2.4 is that without Global Cooldowns, she can now cast Frozen Orb and Blizzard in between each other's cooldowns, meaning the damage output of this Character essentially doubles. For mobs with low health you can simply drop a single Blizzard and move on, but for the tankier mobs you can mix and match both skills to crush them even faster than a normal Blizzard Sorceress.
The Cold Sorceress overall has very good kill potential once reaching Level 24 and is one of the best Sorceress Skill Builds to take through the entire game.
Blizzard Orb Sorceress Stats Discussion
The following section discusses how many attribute points should be allocated to each of the primary stats.
How much Strength Does a Blizzard Orb Sorceress Need?
Enough for gear — for a Character using a Spirit Monarch Shield this will be 156 Strength as that is usually the highest Strength requirement for commonly used gear. If choosing to use another shield with lower Strength requirements, then adjust to that value. This number constantly changes based on the equipment you are using, so make sure to double-check the Strength requirements of each piece of gear you have and how much Strength each piece will provide once equipped.
How much Dexterity Does a Blizzard Orb Sorceress Need?
Enough for gear. Dexterity is great for increasing Block Chance but if you are not planning to invest points to max that out, it is often not worth adding any additional points. This Sorceress will not use Attack Rating so extra points in Dexterity does not help.
How much Vitality Does a Blizzard Orb Sorceress Need?
Everything else into Vitality — 250+ Vitality. Every excess attribute point should be allocated to Vitality, as long as you can meet the Strength requirements of your items by the time you wish to equip them. Not only does this increase your Life total, but it also increases the chance for Health Potions to double the healing provided. On top of that, the more Life you have, the less chance you have to be put into Hit Recovery, helping your character out even more!
How much Energy Does a Blizzard Orb Sorceress Need?
Nothing — allocating stat points to Energy in a final build is universally considered sub-par for almost every character due to the widespread availability of Mana Potions. While leveling, if you find your character struggling with Mana, you can allocate a few points to Energy that you can then remove with a respec later in the game.
- 28 Apr. 2022: Page added.
- World First Level 99 in Diablo 2: Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Minimum Specs, Possible 2022 Release, and No PC Port
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Gameplay Videos
- Diablo 2: Resurrected New Ladder Builds and Tier List
- Diablo 2 Resurrected Patch 22.214.171.124 Bug Fixes: April 25th
- Diablo 2 Patch 2.4 (Final Notes)
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update: March 2022