Fire Druid Build Skills for Diablo 2 Resurrected
This page shows the recommended skill point progression and priority for the Fire Druid. Note that the following list refers to the total number of skill points, not the character level, to best account for the 12 bonus skill points granted by quests.
Fire Druid Skill Build
- 20 points to Fissure — Invest immediately. This is your main damage skill, required
- 20 points to Firestorm — Main damage until Fissure. Fissure synergy, required
- 20 points to Volcano — Synergy for Fissure and decent single target damage against monsters like Baal who do not move much, required
- 20 points to Oak Sage — Big increase in Life, required
- 1+ points to Summon Grizzly — Tank for Hell, optional
- 1+ points to Cyclone Armor — Can be useful for Elemental Damage absorb, optional
Select Fire Druid Skill Discussion
The Fire Druid's main caveat is that many monsters in Hell have high Fire Resistance or Fire Immunity. Immunity-breaking spells can break Fire Immunes, but very rarely. As such, Fire Druids struggle with immunities. The way he works around this is with a maxed Volcano and maxed Grizzly Bear. Volcano does both Fire and Physical Damage, so the Fire Druid does have some way of dealing with immunities; it is just slow.
In Normal and most of Nightmare, the Fire Druid is extremely strong. The Fire Elemental skills that the Druid possesses do a lot of Damage with high range/area. Fissure is an extremely strong skill and will carry you through all of Normal and most of Nightmare. Once you hit Act 4 in Nightmare, this is where the resistant and immunity wall becomes stronger, with it standing tall once you enter Hell. From this point on, you take Volcano and Grizzly Bear as well as a mercenary to deal with resistant and immune monsters.
It is strongly recommended to boost your mercenary's damage. Doom along with an Act 2 Offensive Mercenary (for Might, to boost his and your Grizzly Bear's Physical Damage) is the best way to do this. Obedience is a strong weapon, but it does a lot of Fire Damage, which we are trying to avoid.
As such, this build will be expensive to make it competitive with other elemental builds, but it will still fall behind. However, it does have its strengths and does very well where there are little to no resistant or immune monsters.
Fire Druid Stats Discussion
The following section discusses how many attribute points should be allocated to each of the primary stats.
How much Strength Does a Fire Druid Need?
Enough for gear — for a Character using a Spirit Monarch Shield this will be 156 Strength as that is usually the highest Strength requirement for commonly used gear. If choosing to use another shield with lower Strength requirements, then adjust to that value. This number constantly changes based on the equipment you are using, so make sure to double-check the Strength requirements of each piece of gear you have and how much Strength each piece will provide once equipped.
How much Dexterity Does a Fire Druid Need?
Enough for gear. Dexterity is excellent for increasing Block Chance, but if you are not planning to invest points to max that out, it is often not worth adding additional Points. Also, this character does not use Attack Rating, so any extra Points add nothing of value.
How much Vitality Does a Fire Druid Need?
Everything else into Vitality — 250+ Vitality. Every excess attribute point should be allocated to Vitality, as long as you can meet the Strength requirements of your items by the time you wish to equip them. Not only does this increase your Life total, but it also increases the chance for Health Potions to double the healing provided. On top of that, the more Life you have, the less chance you have to be put into Hit Recovery, helping your character out even more!
How much Energy Does a Fire Druid Need?
Nothing — allocating stat points to Energy in a final build is universally considered sub-par for almost every character due to the widespread availability of Mana Potions. While leveling, if you find your character struggling with Mana, you can allocate a few points to Energy that you can then remove with a respec later in the game.
- 19 Sep. 2021: Page added.
- Diablo 2 Resurrected PC PTR Patch Notes: January 12th
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update, December 2021: +Skill Ranks Affixes, Legendary Affix Transfers, Paragon Talents, Visual Effects
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Developer Update Stream Highlights
- Big Blizzard Store Holiday Sale: D2R, Character Services, Shadowlands, Pets, Mounts and More
- Diablo 2 Resurrected Patch 2.4 Highlights
- Diablo 2 Resurrected PC & Console Patch 2.3.1 Notes
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update Coming in Late December
- Diablo 2: Resurrected 184.108.40.206 Patch Notes: December 6th