Frost/Fire Bow Amazon (Bowazon) Build for Diablo 2 Resurrected
The Frost/Fire Amazon is a slight variation of the Frostmaiden build. Instead of running only the Freezing Arrow line of skills with some Physical attacks to deal with Cold Immune Monsters, you are instead using Exploding Arrow. This build is generally seen as slightly worse than the Frostmaiden but can still complete Hell and is not very gear dependent.
The Frost/Fire Amazon is a slight variation of the Frostmaiden build. Instead of running only the Freezing Arrow line of skills with some Physical attacks to deal with Cold Immune Monsters, you are instead using Exploding Arrow and Immolation Arrow . This build is generally seen as slightly worse than the Frostmaiden but can still complete Hell and is not very gear dependent. One of the main advantage of running this build over single-element alternatives is to better deal with Immunities as you progress through the game. Builds specialised in a single element may deal more damage, but your Amazon will struggle in Solo Self Found play in late Nightmare and Hell.
You can check the viability of this build in PvM by consulting our PvM Tier List.
Frost Fire Bowazon Skill Build
Here is the default skill build for the Frost Fire Bowazon. For a detailed breakdown of all core and optional skills as well as the recommended order for allocating skill points, refer to the Skills section of this guide.
For this build, it is recommended to start with Fire Arrow into Exploding Arrow and Immolation Arrow until you can add Freezing Arrow once you hit level 30. This build is also very Mana intensive, so having some Mana Per Kill items and adding a few points into Energy while leveling is a good idea. You can respec out of these Energy points when your Amazon reaches a higher level and equips better gear. For more information, refer to the Early Leveling section of this guide.
Frost Fire Bowazon Stat Points and Attributes
|Enough for gear; around 80 total||Enough for gear; around 150 total||Everything else||Very little to none|
You can read more details about the Stats and Attribute requirements for this build on our Skills page.
Frost Fire Bowazon Gear
The following section shows some of the most important items for the Frost Fire Bowazon. For a detailed per-slot breakdown of all Frost Fire Bowazon items and alternative builds, refer to the Gear section of this guide.
- Weapon: Ice Matriarchal Bow with +3 to Freezing Arrow or Faith
- Weapon Swap: Call to Arms or Lidless Wall, unless you have 156 Strength for Spirit
- Body Armor: Chains of Honor
- Helm: Nightwing's Veil socketed with a 5/5 Cold Rainbow Facet or Harlequin Crest
- Gloves: Magic gloves with +3 to Bow and Crossbow Skills and 20% Increased Attack Speed or Rare gloves with +2 to Bow and Crossbow Skills, Increased Attack Speed, and other useful stats
- Boots: Ethereal Sandstorm Treks
- Belt: Razortail
- Ring 1: Raven Frost
- Ring 2: The Stone of Jordan or Rare ring with % Life and Mana Stolen per Hit
- Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope
- Charm 1: Amazon Hellfire Torch
- Charm 2: Annihilus
- Charm 3: 9x Bow Skiller Grand Charms with Life
- Charm 4: 10 Small Charms with Life, Resistances, Mana, or Faster Hit Recovery, depending on needs
MrLlamaSC's Frost Fire Bowazon Video Guide
We also have a video guide that goes over the build, if you prefer that instead of or in addition to our written guide.
Frost Fire Bowazon Breakpoints
In Diablo 2, stats that affect action speed (known as frames) for attacking, casting, blocking, and recovering from a hit can almost never be taken literally. For example, gaining 10% Increased Attack Speed from an item will not necessarily translate into 10% faster attacks. To achieve faster actions, certain breakpoints must be reached, which vary for every class. The tables below list how much of a given stat is required to actually improve the action speed of the class for the stated action.
Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints
|Hit Recovery Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||13||12||11||10||9||8||7||6||5||4|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame||0%||5%||10%||16%||24%||37%||54%||86%||152%||360%|
Frost Fire Bowazon Mercenary
- Weapon: Ethereal Infinity
- Body Armor: Ethereal Fortitude
- Helm: Ethereal Andariel's Visage socketed with a Ral Rune
Frost Fire Bowazon Early Leveling
- All points to Fire Arrow until level 10
- 1 point to Magic Arrow
- 1 point to Multiple Shot
- All points to Exploding Arrow until level 23
- 2 points to Immolation Arrow
- 1 point to Cold Arrow
- 1 point to Ice Arrow
- 1 point to Critical Strike
- 1 point to Penetrate
- 1 point to Freezing Arrow at level 30
- 1 point to Pierce at level 30
- From there, you can place points into Exploding Arrow and Freezing Arrow as you desire
For more comprehensive leveling advice, please refer to our Amazon Fastest Leveling Build.
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players
- NetEase Responds to Blizzard Licensing Agreement Expiration
- Most Blizzard Game Services to Be Suspended in China on January 23rd
- Activision Blizzard Q3 2022 Financial Results
- Diablo 2 Resurrected Patch 2.5.2 Release Notes