Freezing Arrow Frostmaiden Amazon Build for Diablo 2 Resurrected
The Frostmaiden is a Bow Amazon build that sacrifices damage for safety. With the ability to freeze everything around, she can move through the game at her own pace. Due to being more focused on elemental damage, this character is less gear dependent than most Bowazons and can be great for solo players.
With strong crowd control thanks to Freezing Arrow, the Frostmaiden crushes any area without Cold Immune monsters. While she does run into some single-element issues, having a strong Mercenary can help mitigate this somewhat. Overall, this build is a fun way to play the Bowazon all the way through Hell.
You can check the viability of this build in PvM by consulting our PvM Tier List.
Frostmaiden Skill Build
This section shows the default skill build for the Frostmaiden. For a detailed breakdown of all core and optional skills as well as the recommended order for allocating skill points, refer to the Skills section of this guide.
Frostmaiden Stat Points and Attributes
|Enough for gear||Enough for gear||Everything else||None|
You can read more details about the Stats and Attribute requirements for this build on our Skills page.
The following section shows some of the most important Items for the Frostmaiden. For a detailed per-slot breakdown of all Frostmaiden Items and alternative builds, refer to the Gear section of this guide.
- Weapon: Ice Matriarchal Bow or Grand Matron Bow with +3 to Freezing Arrow for Mana Steal
- Weapon Swap: Call to Arms and Lidless Wall, unless you have 156 Strength for Spirit
- Body Armor: Chains of Honor
- Helm: Nightwing's Veil socketed with a 5/5 Cold Rainbow Facet
- Gloves: Magic gloves with +3 to Bow and Crossbow Skills and 20% Increased Attack Speed or Rare gloves with +2 to Bow and Crossbow Skills, Increased Attack Speed, and other useful stats
- Boots: Ethereal Sandstorm Treks
- Belt: Razortail
- Ring 1: Raven Frost
- Ring 2: The Stone of Jordan or Rare ring with % Life and Mana Stolen per Hit
- Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope
- Charm 1: Amazon Hellfire Torch
- Charm 2: Annihilus
- Charm 3: 9x Bow Skiller Grand Charms with Life
- Charm 4: 10 Small Charms with Life, Resistances, Mana, or Faster Hit Recovery, depending on needs
MrLlamaSC's Frostmaiden Video Guide
We also have a video guide that goes over the build, if you prefer that instead of or in addition to our written guide.
In Diablo 2, stats that affect action speed (known as frames) for attacking, casting, blocking, and recovering from a hit can almost never be taken literally. For example, gaining 10% Increased Attack Speed from an item will not necessarily translate into 10% faster attacks. To achieve faster actions, certain breakpoints must be reached, which vary for every class. The tables below list how much of a given stat is required to actually improve the action speed of the class for the stated action.
Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints
|Hit Recovery Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||13||12||11||10||9||8||7||6||5||4|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame||0%||5%||10%||16%||24%||37%||54%||86%||152%||360%|
An Offensive ( Might) Act 2 Nightmare Mercenary is best to increase your physical Damage. An Offensive ( Blessed Aim) Act 2 Hell Mercenary could also work for increased chance to hit your physical shots.
- Weapon: Ethereal Infinity
- Body Armor: Ethereal Fortitude
- Helm: Ethereal Andariel's Visage socketed with a Ral Rune
Frostmaiden Early Leveling
The following section features a generic Bow Amazon skill point progression meant to make leveling towards becoming a Frostmaiden Bowazon smoother.
- 10 points to Fire Arrow
- 1 point to Magic Arrow at level 10
- 1 point to Multiple Shot at level 11
- All remaining points to Exploding Arrow until ready to respec into the full build
For more comprehensive leveling advice, please refer to our Amazon Fastest Leveling Build.
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Announces Formation of a Workplace Responsibility Committee
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Patch 2.3 Highlights
- The Reason Behind Jen Oneal's Departure, Bobby Kotick's Knowledge of Previous Sexual Misconduct Allegations: A Wall Street Journal Report
- World Fastest Diablo 2 and World First Diablo 2: Resurrected Holy Grail
- Better Working Conditions for ABK Contract Workers
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Patch 2.2.7 Build 66878: November 5th