Frost/Fire Bow Amazon (Bowazon) Build Skills for Diablo 2 Resurrected
This page shows the recommended skill point progression and priority for the Frost/Fire Bowazon. Note that the following list refers to the total number of skill points, not the character level, to best account for the 12 bonus skill points granted by quests.
Frost Fire Bowazon Skill Build
This section goes over your ideal skill build. You can see it pictured immediately below in our skill calculator, and then we also provide you with a listed progression.
- 1 point to all prerequisites
- 20 points to Freezing Arrow — Main Cold damage and crowd control skill, required
- 20 points to Cold Arrow — Synergy for Freezing Arrow, required
- 1 point to Ice Arrow — Synergy for Freezing Arrow, but only increases freeze length, which is not necessary, required
- 20 points to Immolation Arrow — Main Fire damage skill, required
- 20 points to Exploding Arrow — Other main Fire damage skill, required
- 20 points to Fire Arrow — Synergy for Exploding Arrow, required
- 9 points to Pierce — When used with Razortail, helps reach a 100% chance to Pierce enemies, which significantly improves area of effect damage output, required
- 17+ points to Valkyrie — Extremely helpful in tanking and is quite good in a Hardcore playthrough. If you do go for Valkyrie having at least 17 points total will give her the best gear possible, optional
The Frost/Fire Bowazon is a great counter to the large number of Immune Monsters in Hell. While most elemental characters have to figure out creative solutions to avoid Immunities, the Frost Fire Bowazon is capable of tackling most content. Additionally, Freezing Arrow adds a lot of safety to the build through constant freezing.
This specific build focuses on gaining as many +Skills as possible, even prioritising these over Attack Rating, Crushing Blow, and other common offensive stats. The reason for this is because Exploding Arrow, Immolation Arrow, and Freezing Arrow both will always have their elemental hit 100% of the time. Thus, stacking as much Damage in those Skills will be the most beneficial way to improve, on top of also bringing additional points to Pierce.
In addition to increasing skill levels, Increased Attack Speed is also a very important affix for damage. When playing through the game and considering different bows, take a look at the speed of your attacks; faster bows are often likely to yield better results than bows with more damage, all other things being equal.
Very early in the game, it can be very beneficial to simply run a bow socketed with Rubies as the Fire Damage from the Rubies will actually add to the damage of Exploding Arrow. While this is not particularly useful for an Endgame Build, it improves the leveling experience for the Amazon.
Frost Fire Bowazon Stats Discussion
How much Strength Does a Frost Fire Bowazon Need?
Enough for gear — this number always changes based on the gear you are using, so make sure to always double check the Strength requirements of each piece of gear you are planning to use as well as how much Strength each piece will provide once equipped.
How much Dexterity Does a Frost Fire Bowazon Need?
Enough for gear — Dexterity can also be used to add a little bit of Attack Rating, but this is generally not the best way to obtain it. Many bows require high Dexterity, meaning you will often end up having enough Attack Rating by nature.
How much Vitality Does a Frost Fire Bowazon Need?
Everything else into Vitality — 250+ Vitality. Every excess attribute point should be allocated to Vitality, as long as you can meet the Strength and Dexterity requirements of your items by the time you wish to equip them.
How much Energy Does a Frost Fire Bowazon Need?
Nothing — allocating stat points to Energy in a final build is universally considered sub-par for almost every character due to the widespread availability of Mana Potions. For this Frost/Fire Bowazon, it is often recommended to get to around 40-50 Energy while leveling that you can then refund with a respec later into the game.
- 28 Apr. 2022: Updated for Patch 2.4.
- 31 Aug. 2021: Page added.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Upcoming Dev Campfire Chat: November 30th
- Player Gathers All Uber Uniques and Asks “Did I Beat the Game?”
- Diablo 4 Steam Discount and Free Trial
- Diablo 4 Patch 1.2.2 Hotfixes: November 20th
- Diablo 4 Mother’s Blessing XP and Gold Buff Bugged, to Be Increased and Live This Week
- Diablo 4 Patch 1.2.2 Hotfixes: November 17th
- Mother’s Blessing Returns to Sanctuary (November 20-27)