Lightning Fury/Charged Strike Amazon (Javazon) Build for Diablo 2 Resurrected
She is the fastest boss-killing character in the game and can be extremely useful in high-density areas like The Secret Cow Level and the Chaos Sanctuary, making her fairly versatile. Her primarily Lightning-type damage is subject to Lightning Immunities, however.
With outstanding single-target and area of effect damage, the Javazon is the character with the highest damage output in the game. After getting a Mercenary with Infinity, her ability to farm becomes some of the best as well, with no area where she cannot farm efficiently. She does, however, have the drawback of being a bit of a glass cannon and requiring good positioning knowledge to play well. Her mobility is limited, too, as is generally the case for Amazons.
You can check the viability of this build in PvM by consulting our PvM Tier List.
Javazon Skill Build
This section shows the default skill build for the Javazon. For a detailed breakdown of all core and optional skills as well as the recommended order for allocating skill points, refer to the Skills page of this guide.
Javazon Stat Points and Attributes
|Enough for gear; around 150 total||Enough for gear; around 150 total||Everything else||None|
You can read more details about the Stats and Attribute requirements for this build on our Skills page.
The following section shows some of the most important items for the Javazon. For a detailed per-slot breakdown of all Javazon items and alternative builds, refer to the Gear page of this guide.
- Weapon: Ethereal Titan's Revenge
- Weapon Swap: Call to Arms and Spirit Monarch
- Shield: Spirit Monarch
- Body Armor: Chains of Honor
- Helm: Griffon's Eye socketed with a 5/5 Lightning Rainbow Facet
- Gloves: Magic gloves with +3 to Javelin and Spear Skills and 20% Increased Attack Speed (commonly known as as 3/20s) or Rare gloves with +2 to Javelin and Spear Skills, 20% Increased Attack Speed, and other useful stats
- Boots: Ethereal Sandstorm Trek, Waterwalk, or Aldur's Advance
- Belt: Razortail
- Ring 1: Raven Frost
- Ring 2: The Stone of Jordan or Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
- Amulet: The Cat's Eye
- Charm 1: Amazon Hellfire Torch
- Charm 2: Annihilus
- Charm 3: 9x Javelin Skiller Grand Charms with Life or Faster Hit Recovery to reach at least 86% Faster Hit Recovery
- Charm 4: 10 Small Charms with Life, Resistances, Mana, or Faster Hit Recovery, depending on needs
MrLlamaSC's Javazon Video Guide
We also have a video guide that goes over the build, if you prefer that instead of or in addition to our written guide.
In Diablo 2, stats that affect action speed (known as frames) for attacking, casting, blocking, and recovering from a hit can almost never be taken literally. For example, gaining 10% Increased Attack Speed from an item will not necessarily translate into 10% faster attacks. To achieve faster actions, certain breakpoints must be reached, which vary for every class. The tables below list how much of a given stat is required to actually improve the action speed of the class for the stated action.
Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints
|Hit Recovery Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||13||12||11||10||9||8||7||6||5||4|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame||0%||5%||10%||16%||24%||37%||54%||86%||152%||360%|
Faster Block Rate Breakpoints
|Faster Block Rate Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||5||4||3||2|
|Faster Block Rate required to reach frame||0%||13%||32%||86%|
Increased Attack Speed Breakpoints with Ceremonial/Matriarchal Javelins for Throwing (Lightning Fury)
|Increased Attack Speed Breakpoints (Throwing, Ceremonial/Matriarchal Javelins)|
|Frames to perform action||14||13||12||11||10||9|
|Increased Attack Speed required to reach frame||0%||6%||16%||30%||52%||89%|
Increased Attack Speed Breakpoints with Ceremonial/Matriarchal Javelins for Stabbing (Charged Strike)
|Increased Attack Speed Breakpoints (Stabbing, Ceremonial/Matriarchal Javelins)|
|Frames to perform action||11||10||9||8||7|
|Increased Attack Speed required to reach frame||0%||10%||26%||50%||95%|
You can either choose a Defensive ( Holy Freeze) or an Offensive ( Might) Act 2 Nightmare Mercenary, depending on whether you want more slow and safety or want your Mercenary to deal more damage to help take care of Lightning Immune monsters.
- Weapon: Ethereal Infinity
- Body Armor: Ethereal Fortitude
- Helm: Ethereal Andariel's Visage socketed with a Ral Rune
Javazon Early Leveling
The following section features a generic melee Amazon skill point progression.
- 1 point to Jab
- Save all points until level 6
- 4 points to Power Strike
- 12 points to Poison Javelin
- 1 point to Lightning Bolt at level 17
- All points to Charged Strike
- Either respec out of Poison Javelin now or keep allocating points to Charged Strike until level 30, and then respec to Charged Strike and Lightning Fury
For more comprehensive leveling advice, please refer to our Amazon Fastest Leveling Build.
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Blizzard on Recent Diablo 2 Server Outages
- Connection Issues Continue to Plague Diablo 2 Servers
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Patch 10.12 Notes, October 12th
- Diablo 2 Server Connection Issues: October 11th
- Diablo 4's New Game Director is Joe Shelly
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update: October 2021
- The First Uber Diablo in Diablo 2: Resurrected Killed, First Annihilus After 120+ SoJs Sold