Nova Sorceress Build for Diablo 2 Resurrected
The Nova Sorceress is an extremely powerful close-combat warrior. With a limited Area of Effect, she has to Teleport into the middle of Monsters and get off a Nova before they can attack. With the help of Infinity she can clear almost any area in the game and with mana burn now fixed in Patch 2.4 Energy Shield has become much more useful for her in PvM.
The Nova Sorceress is amazing from Level 12 onwards. Additionally, once Infinity becomes available to her the Conviction Aura will break almost every Lightning Immune Monster, leaving them vulnerable to the extremely high damage of the Nova Sorceress. Once this item is obtained she can virtually farm any area in the game without concern.
You can check the viability of this build in PvM by consulting our PvM Tier List.
Nova Sorceress Skill Build
The following section shows the core skills for the Nova Sorceress. For a detailed breakdown of all core and optional skills as well as the recommended order for allocating skill points, refer to the Skills page of this guide.
- 1 point to all prerequisites
- 20 points to Nova — max first, required
- 20 points to Static Field — Synergy for Nova, required
- 20 points to Lightning Mastery — max after Nova, required
- 20 points to Telekinesis — Great if wanting to use Energy Shield
- 20 points to Energy Shield — max after Telekinesis if running an ES build.
- 1+ points to Thunder Storm — Useful for additional damage
- 1 point to Teleport — skill right at level 18, required
- 1 point to Warmth — great for Mana Regeneration, required
- 1 point to Frozen Armor — Useful for Freezing Mobs, required
Nova Sorceress Stat Points and Attributes
|Enough for gear||Enough for gear||Everything or nothing (if Energy Shield)||Nothing or everything (if Energy Shield)|
You can read more details about the Stats and Attribute requirements for this build on our Skills page.
Nova Sorceress Gear
The following section shows some of the most important Items for the Nova Sorceress. For a detailed per-slot breakdown of all Nova Sorceress Items and alternative builds, refer to the Gear page of this guide.
- Weapon: Eschuta's Temper, Heart of the Oak
- Weapon Swap: Call to Arms and Spirit AND Memory Staff (for Energy Shield)
- Shield: Spirit Monarch Shield with 35% Faster Cast Rate
- Body Armor: Chains of Honor
- Helm: Griffon's Eye Diadem
- Gloves: Trang-Oul's Claws or Magefist or Frostburns (for Energy Shield)
- Boots: Ethereal Sandstorm Treks
- Belt: Arachnid Mesh
- Ring 1: The Stone of Jordan or 10% Faster Cast Rate Ring if needing to reach 105% Faster Cast Rate breakpoint
- Ring 2: The Stone of Jordan
- Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope
- Charm 1: Sorceress Hellfire Torch
- Charm 2: Annihilus
- Charm 3: 9x Skiller Grand Charms with Life or Faster Hit Recovery to reach 86% or 142% Faster Hit Recovery
- Charm 4: 10 Small Charms with Life, Resistances, Mana, or Faster Hit Recovery depending on needs
Nova Sorceress Breakpoints
In Diablo 2, stats that affect action speed (known as frames) for attacking, casting, blocking, and recovering from a hit can almost never be taken literally. For example, gaining 10% Increased Attack Speed from an item will not necessarily translate into 10% faster attacks. To achieve faster actions, certain breakpoints must be reached, which vary for every class. The tables below list how much of a given stat is required to actually improve the action speed of the class for the stated action.
Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints
|Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||15||14||13||12||11||10||9||8||7||6||5|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame||0%||5%||9%||14%||20%||30%||42%||60%||86%||142%||280%|
Faster Cast Rate Breakpoints
|Faster Cast Rate Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||13||12||11||10||9||8||7|
|Faster Cast Rate required to reach frame||0%||9%||20%||37%||63%||105%||200%|
Faster Block Rate Breakpoints
|Faster Block Rate Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||9||8||7||6||5||4||3|
|Faster Block Rate required to reach frame||0%||7%||15%||27%||48%||86%||200%|
Nova Sorceress Mercenary
You can either choose a Defensive ( Holy Freeze) or Offensive ( Might) Act 2 Nightmare Mercenary here depending on if you want a slower and safer pace, or want your Mercenary to have added damage to help take care of Light immunes. We prefer a Holy Freeze mercenary.
- Weapon: Ethereal Infinity
- Body Armor: Ethereal Fortitude
- Helm: Ethereal Andariel's Visage socketed with a Ral Rune
Nova Sorceress Early Leveling
This is one of the best early leveling ways to progress.
- 5 points to Charged Bolt
- 1 point to Static Field at level 6
- 6 points to Charged Bolt at levels 6-11
- All points to Nova from levels 12-16
- 1 point to Telekinesis at level 17
- 1 point to Teleport at level 18
- All remaining points to Nova
For more comprehensive leveling advice, please refer to our Sorceress Fastest Leveling Build.
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Lobby Updates Coming Soon
- Diablo Immortal Blizzard Store Update and Health Potion Collector's Box
- World First Level 99 in Diablo 2: Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Minimum Specs, Possible 2022 Release, and No PC Port
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Gameplay Videos
- Diablo 2: Resurrected New Ladder Builds and Tier List
- Diablo 2 Resurrected Patch 22.214.171.124 Bug Fixes: April 25th