The Fifth Circle Normal Raid Guide
Welcome to our guide to The Fifth Circle, the first encounter in the second raid tier of Pandaemonium, Abyssos. This guide aims to prepare players for the raid so they will know what to expect, with simple mechanic instructions and notes on what to watch out for.
The Proto-Carbuncle, a Mythic Creation, is the first raid boss fought in Abyssos.
Unlocking The Fifth Circle
To unlock The Fifth Circle, players must complete the quest "Masks of the Father." This is the second quest in the quest chain starting from "An Unwelcome Visitor," which can be received from Claudien in Labyrinthos (X:8.6 Y:27.5) after completing the Pandaemonium: Asphodelos questline. There is a minimum item level restriction of 585 to enter through the duty finder in a matched party.
If you're looking for the savage version of this encounter, please follow the link below:
While the identity of Pandæmonium's assailant is yet unknown, Erichthonios makes no effort to hide his doubts concerning Lahabrea, who he suspects is using the infernal prison for private experimentation. As if to confirm to the warder's suspicions, a familiar appears in the halls of Asphodelos, claiming to be none other than the chief keyward himself. The creature mocks you with cryptic warnings before vanishing, leaving naught but questions in its wake. Their answers beckon from the shadows of Abyssos, daring brave souls to seek them out.
Phase one has you do battle with the Proto-Carbuncle in its cage. This phase will introduce the player to mechanics in the fight.
- Searing Ray: The Proto-Carbuncle jumps to a corner and cleaves entire arena in front of it. Get behind it to dodge.
- Ruby Glow separates the arena with a reflective wall. Mechanics that hit the wall are reflected from where it came from.
- Crunch is a tank buster.
- Topaz Glow places topaz stones on the arena, which explode in a small AoE. If they are reflected, they do an AoE on the square they are on.
- Sonic Howl deals moderate raidwide magic damage.
- Acidic Slaver knocks down all players and deals moderate damage.
- Get behind the boss to dodge Searing Ray.
- When the Proto-Carbuncle casts Searing Ray while Ruby Glow is active, the wall will reflect the AoE, damaging the side it is on. Go to the other side of the wall to dodge.
- Stay away from the Topaz Glow stones that drop.
- When the Proto-Carbuncle casts Topaz Glow while Ruby Glow is active, the wall will reflect the AoE, damaging the square the circle AoE is on. Go to a square without any AoEs.
- Mitigate Crunch and heal Sonic Howl damage.
- Acidic Slaver will knock down all players and trigger the transition to the second phase of the fight.
Phase one has you do battle with the Proto-Carbuncle on a platform in the poison pit. The mechanics mainly stay the same, although there are new mechanics.
- Toxic Crunch is a tank buster that inflicts a short poison DoT.
- Venom Squallplaces AoE markers on all players as well as on the ground. There is a stack marker afterwards.
- Topaz Stones summons three topaz stones coated in poison as well as a regular topaz stone. The three stones coated in poison will expand slowly.
- The Hunt will mark spots on the arena. They will glow red with a bite icon indicating the order the Topaz Carbuncle will jump. The jump will deal damage and knock players down. Players in the middle will be eaten.
- Spit will spit out players that were eaten, killing them.
- Topaz Cluster summons Topaz Stones in sequence which explode in the order they were summoned.
- Go to the quadrant of the arena with no AoE when Topaz Glow and Ruby Glow are cast.
- Wait for the Topaz Stone's AoE to go off, then move to where it was as the poison pools expand.
- Dodge the Proto-Carbuncle's hunt by moving to the edge of the arena where the first marker was.
- When Ruby Glow is cast with Topaz Cluster, move to the quadrant where the last Stone blows up and move into the quadrant with the first explosion. Get behind the boss for Searing Ray afterwards.
- When Ruby Glow is cast with Topaz Stones, stay on the side without the AoE and move to the area of the arena on the safe side without the poison pool.
- When Ruby Glow is cast with Topaz Stones and Venom Squall, dodge the Topaz Stones, then do Venom Squall in the quadrants where the poison pool has not expanded to yet, and then finally stack opposite of the poison pool.
- After this, mechanics previously seen will repeat until the boss is defeated.
Coffers that appear after defeating Proto-Carbuncle will yield tokens that can be traded in for gear.
- 2x Unsung Helm of Abyssos;
- 1x Unsung Armor of Abyssos;
- 1x Unsung Gauntlets of Abyssos;
- 1x Unsung Chausses of Abyssos;
- 1x Unsung Greaves of Abyssos;
- 2x Unsung Ring of Abyssos.
- 23 Aug. 2022: Guide added.
- FFXIV PLL #75 Recap - 6.3 Live Letter Part 2
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- FFXIV PLL #74 Recap - 6.3 Live Letter Part 1
- Final Fantasy XIV will be in AGDQ2023 on Friday, January 13th
- FFXIV Announces Return to PAX AUS
- "Tales from the Dawn": Final Story Released
- On the Adjustments to Pandaemonium: Abyssos (Savage)
- FFXIV Patch 6.21 Notes