The Seventh Circle Normal Raid Guide
Welcome to our guide to The Seventh Circle, the second encounter in the second raid tier of Pandaemonium, Abyssos. This guide aims to prepare players for the raid so they will know what to expect, with simple mechanic instructions and notes on what to watch out for.
Agdistis, a Hemitheos, is the third raid boss fought in Abyssos.
Unlocking The Seventh Circle
To unlock The Seventh Circle, players must complete the quest "Servant of Violence." This is the fourth quest in the quest chain starting from "An Unwelcome Visitor," which can be received from Claudien in Labyrinthos (X:8.6 Y:27.5) after completing the Asphodelos questline. There is a minimum item level restriction of 585 to enter through the duty finder in a matched party.
If you're looking for the savage version of this encounter, please follow the link below:
Erichthonios's mind falls into the hands of the enemy, and he is spirited away to Tartaros, Pandæmonium's deepest circle. The only path to his rescue goes through Agdistis, whose magicks are peerless among the keywards─even moreso now that they have been augmented by Hephaistos's endless experimentation. To deliver her soul from suffering and bring Erichthonios to safety, you must face your most daunting foe yet.
The fight has you do battle with Agdistis on a circular arena or three raised platforms with bridges connecting them. The boss stays at the front of the arena and has no positional indicators.
Bough of Attisslams down her hands on the arena.
- If the hands are pulled back, it will slam the front of the arena. If this happens, one hand will begin to shake and do a line AoE in the direction of the arrows indicated.
- If the hands are brought forward, it will slam the back of the arena.
- Hemitheos's Holy places AoE markers on all players.
- Hemitheos's Glare III is a donut AoE in the very centre of the arena.
- Immortal's Obol is a proximity marker in the middle. It will also change the arena to three safe platforms and bridges between them.
- Hemitheos's Aero III are tank busters on both tanks.
- Spark of Life deals heavy raidwide damage and inflicts a 8s bleed DoT.
- Forbidden Fruit summons untargetable adds on each of the platforms.
They do a mechanic based on what type of add is summoned.
- Immature Ios (rams) will do a circle AoE on the platform they are summoned on.
- Immature Stymphalides (birds) will do a line AoE towards where they are facing.
- Blades of Attis are Exaflare-style AoEs that move across the arena. Dodge the AoEs and move into where they came from.
- Burst towers will spawn on platforms. They must be soaked by at least one player each.
- Hemitheos's Aero IV is a knockback from one of the platforms.
- Dodge the first Bough of Attis by staying in the back, then move up to dodge the line AoE that follows.
- Spread out for Hemitheos's Holy, then dodge into the centre of the arena quickly.
- Move forward to dodge Bough of Attis, then back to dodge the subsequent one.
- Move to the very edge of the arena for Immortal's Obol. Regroup afterwards.
- After the arena changes, movement is restricted so players must dodge the mechanics on the platforms.
- Avoid the platforms when the Immature Ios are summoned on it.
- Avoid the bridges when the Immature Stymphalides are summoned on the platforms.
- When Agdistis casts Hemitheos's Glare III while the platforms are still up, wait until Themis restores the arena before moving into the safe spot.
- When Agdistis casts Forbidden Fruit and summons Immature Ios, spread out on the two sides to spread for Hemitheos's Holy.
- Players will have to dodge Bough of Attis along with Forbidden Fruit adds on the platforms that resolve at the same time. Make sure you are not on the platform if it is Ios and not on the bridges if they are Stymphalides.
- Players will have to wait until Ios do their AoE before soaking the Burst towers.
- Heal through the three Spark of Life casts in succession.
- Do not get knocked onto platforms with Ios by Hemitheos's Aero IV.
- Spread out for Hemitheos's Holy while on the platforms.
- At this point, the boss will repeat mechanics seen previously and alternate between the circular arena and the platforms.
Coffers that appear after defeating Agdistis will yield tokens that can be traded in for gear.
- 1x ;
- 2x ;
- 1x ;
- 2x ;
- 2x ;
- 1x (rare drop).
- 23 Aug. 2022: Guide added.
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- FFXIV PLL #74 Recap - 6.3 Live Letter Part 1
- Final Fantasy XIV will be in AGDQ2023 on Friday, January 13th
- FFXIV Announces Return to PAX AUS
- "Tales from the Dawn": Final Story Released
- On the Adjustments to Pandaemonium: Abyssos (Savage)
- FFXIV Patch 6.21 Notes
- All Worlds Maintenance, Sept 12