FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Abelcain

Yogg saron strategy?

I made that mage deck "might and magic" and I've been having so much fun with it even if its not cut out for ranked play in the current meta.

It's a ton of fun, but the one problem I'm having is with Yogg-Saron. It seems like every time I play him when I have board control he ends up killing all of my minions. If they have board control he ends up buffing the crap out of them. On a few occasions he's even killed me despite having much more health than my opponent.

I realize this is mostly unlucky RNG, but what do you guys recommend as the optimal situation to play that card?

I made that mage deck "might and magic" and I've been having so much fun with it even if its not cut out for ranked play in the current meta.

It's a ton of fun, but the one problem I'm having is with Yogg-Saron. It seems like every time I play him when I have board control he ends up killing all of my minions. If they have board control he ends up buffing the crap out of them. On a few occasions he's even killed me despite having much more health than my opponent.

I realize this is mostly unlucky RNG, but what do you guys recommend as the optimal situation to play that card?

That's just how he works. From what I have seen, the most common strategy is play freeze/tempo hybrid, keep the board clear and drop yogg saron on an empty board (or at least your side is empty). I haven't tested the deck yet (because I don't have yogg-saron), but that's pretty much what I see other players do.

I've been playing a tempo mage deck with Yogg-Saron for the last couple of days with great success. Climbed from rank 18 to 6 and still climbing. Yogg-Saron is not played like C'thun as an ultimate win condition. Its a recovery mechanic. The rest of your deck should work fine without it and ideally you win games without ever playing him. However, if you fall behind on the board and have no hope of regaining control in the next couple of turns, that's when you play him.

Since your side of the board is usually already empty, and your opponent's side has targets, Yogg-Saron is pretty likely to flip the board state in your favor by casting random minion damage spells and board clears. He also often casts summoning spells to fill your side of the board. Yes, it is very possible that he just casts a Pyroblast on you and a Lay on Hands on your opponent. However, in the long run, there are more spells that will help you than hinder you, and as long as you play him with a good 15 to 20 spells cast that game, he'll often average out to a benefit, clearing the enemy's board and leaving you with something on the board to work with, and if it doesn't work out, remember that you played him when you had lost board control and you were probably a couple of turns from losing anyway.

Yogg-Saron is not a win condition, but he often can salvage lost games like no other card.

• Like 2

Strategy for yogg saron mage

1.spells

2.wait until enemy has lethal threat or is going to win

3.yolo

You forgot a step:

Watch miserably as it fireballs your face and kills you.

• Like 2

Strategy for yogg saron mage

1.spells

2.wait until enemy has lethal threat or is going to win

3.yolo

You forgot a step:

Watch miserably as it fireballs your face and kills you.

Heh, I'm, just waiting on that to happen.  Hasn't occurred yet, but I have killed off my own Yogg Saron, buffed the opponent's units and all sorts of other things.  It's a highly entertaining turn, but as was mentioned above, not something one would do if you're trying to get Legend rank as it's too unpredictable.  It's a deck to play purely for the entertainment value of watching 15 spells happen at once and the chaos that ensures.

For starters theres really no strategy to play yogg,he's just pure rng,but u can try and play him so he helps and doesnt kill you,if your ahead u probably shouldn't play him,if your slightly losing play yogg if you've played around 6-10 spells this will get you atleast a descent effect but im not guaranteeing anything,over 15 spells is probably gonna kill you

6 hours ago, Cleric8092 said:

"Teacher says, every time Yogg-Saron kills itself or Pyroblasts its Hero - An angel gets its wings."

Every time Yogg wins a game, someone uninstalls Hearthstone

On 9/16/2016 at 10:30 PM, KingMe said:

So far Yogg-Saron, Hope's End and I are not on the greatest of terms. When I play him he comes into play with the mindset that I am the enemy. Still not sure why I still have him in my Mage deck. 

Pyro own face?

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

I'll take Fireballs any day of the week, as long as my enemies stop getting Conceal + Wisps of the Old Gods

Oh Yeah, it seems when my enemies play Yogg he is the crawl back card as he should be. When I play him, he likes to beat me when I'm down. I have won about 5 matches though where my enemy has had the same luck with Yogg as me and he killed them instead. 

Ok so I thought I would share this. 

Yogg-Saron, Hope's End just gave me a beautiful comeback win. I had a terrible starting hand and a few bad draws for the match while facing a C'Thun Druid.  By the time I played Yogg-Saron, Hope's End he had 28+2 and I was sitting at 4 after he played C'Thun. This isn't in the exact order but he played Sap on his other minion then played Mulch on his C'Thun. Afterwards is what sealed the deal, he gave me a beautiful christmas tree of EffigyVaporizeMisdirectionExplosive Trap and Counterspell. I came back and won with 2 health. I feel dirty for the win but it's about time Yogg-Saron, Hope's End pulled his weight for me instead of the other guy. 

On 9/20/2016 at 6:59 PM, KingMe said:

Lmao!! Do let me know when he Fireballs the other side, it's a wonderful feeling. xD

Don't hold your breath! :(